Did I shave my legs for this?

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    You think you guys have it tough? I represent a nutrition brand and always have to look in shape and de-fuzzed. I'm a bloke and I'm like a monkey in term of my natural hair growth and my hair regrows massively quick within a week (since I eat very clean foods, hair, nails etc grow back QUICK and very thick). Entire body shaving 3-4x a month.
    I am not sponsored but I pretty much follow the same guidelines. Body hair is not aesthetic.

Glad i'm not the only one. I mean back hair, whats that all about? Why do I want that?! LOL :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I hate doing it too / feels a chore.

Shave mine like once a week, sometimes less often. I don't really need to any more often than that (thankfully!) as my hair's quite fine / light, and the bf never even notices / cares anyway.
    I do when I go out though (wear a dress / skirt) as I get really paranoid about the tiniest bit you can see.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    In winter I guess I wax (or use an electric machine that pulls them from the rooth) 1 time per month...sometimes in 2 months.
    In Spring/summer/Autumn I wax when I need, but almost all the time I'm smooth. I don't like it, it hurts, for sure, but I guess in my island (semi tropical weather) I wear skirts and dresses a lot and the beach is 5min away so if I feel like going for a swim after work, I'm ready :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    I don't mind it at all. It takes one minute. My legs are at least partially out at the gym and I would feel self-conscious if they were hairy. I shave every other day. I also never have my toes not painted.

To the OP, if it makes you feel good, then great!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I shave every day, and I do not consider it to be some massively off-putting chore. It's a habit, like brushing and flossing. If I didn't shave, I'd feel gross.
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    I shave everything every other day/every 3 days because i get too bad of razor burn if it's more frequent. >.<
    Have you tried anything like nair or veet? Personally, the veet I used was terrible.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    I do it everyday.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    I hate shaving as it takes such a long time as I normally do a whole head shave, I do leave my eyebrows though but I quite enjoy shaving my legs as they feel quite good and look really good once they done.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    I must be a freak. My legs are bald. Always have been. I've NEVER shaved them. I remember thinking as a teen that maybe I should anyway, but my mother, God rest her soul, suggested NOT borrowing tomorrow's chores today.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    I wax. 45 minutes of annoyance for 4 weeks of no shaving bliss.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    ......... But I don't mind, the hair is SUPPOSED to be there, it's natural.

Same as armpit hair, natural hair color, unpainted nails, natural faces (no make-up), and unpadded bras. All natural, right? :wink:

Yes actually, All natural!

I shave under my arms and my legs (every week or two, if I feel like it!) and bikini line (in the warmer months) but everything else is natural. No hair color, no make-up, no padded bras (36D) and if I choose to change any of those things, it's temporary and I alway sgo back to natural. I have low self esteem in many areas but not in these vain areas. I wear make-up for parties only, get my hair and nails done for the same and if I wore anything padded I might hurt someone so yes, All natural and happy about it! ;)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    Oh I am so glad that there are others out there who are as hairy as me, I'm like Patty and Selma from The Simpsons!

I do leave it too long in Winter (yes, if your hairs are poking through your black opaque tights it's been too long) but I HATE shaving all the time in Summer. Thing is, if I waxed then I'd have to leave the hair to grow long enough to wax. It's a no win situation!
  • During the winter, I don't really shave my legs all that often (I just do the basic arms and under the arms). My hair a a bit thicker so if I shave every day, I get lots of cuts, burns, and in-grown hairs (although there are ways to thin out the hair, it's just too much work). I wear pants anyway so I figure, why bother? No one is going to see and I don't have a guy in my life that I need to impress. However, I do love to do my make-up and hair every day. I can't walk out without having something on my face, but at the same time I don't do a whole lot. Just enough to have a natural glow, something that won't smear throughout the day. I take SUPER good care of my hair (mostly because I was starting to see split ends), I wash my face at least once or twice a day, I have a lot of natural mineral make-ups that did cost more but have lasted me a long time and is MUCH nicer on my skin, and I've started getting nit-picky about my teeth (I'm wearing my retainer more often to keep them straight and I've started getting products that will help whiten them). I feel all of this makes up for not shaving my legs. It's too much of a hassle, but I do shave WAY more during the summer or when I'm going out. ;) I'm not completely yucky. XDD

Sorry, that was a longer post than I expected. :P
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    I have extremely fine leg hair - you can't feel it and have to really look hard to see it unless I REALLY let it go. In the winter I shave every few days or so. In the summer I shave them every day. I shave everywhere else every day - that's just my routine. The legs never needed every day so I've always had the same habits there.

I get pedicures before any vacation or when my feet start to feel rough - about mid winter - like now and do home pedicures all summer between shop pedi's. I like my pretty feet. Pretty feet and silky smooth legs do make me feel sexy.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    I shave my legs at least once a week. If I go a little longer, they turn blonde and get fine, but I don't like the feeling of the hair anyway. After all, I think one of the best feelings in the world is freshly shaved legs on clean sheets! :smile:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    I love feeling good and looking good, it helps with my confidence, esp during losing weight! I shave every other shower. I get my nails done every 3 weeks, do my own toes, get a spray tan once a week, do my hair and make up every day. It may sound superficial, but looking good is part of feeling good!
  • only when I think that I will get lucky :)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Anyway, once I decided to get control over things I made it a personal goal to shave my legs every single day and do my hair and stuff just to make me feel good.

Its working. I have more confidence and feel better about myself just putting a little more effort into things. I even went all out and painted my toenails!

I hear ya on this. For my new years resolution 2011 i decided "to be more girlie" which meant sexy underwear every day, makeup even on non professional days, cute shoes, etc. it definitely had an impact. felt great (still does-- this one's lasted!!)
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    I HATE shaving my legs. I will do it... to spare others my grizzly natural state and for my husband. But yes, it is a chore. As for just myself, I could care less.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    personally. I really hate shaving my legs. I hardly do it. And when I do, I use an electric shaver. haha.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    I have really fine leg hair, so my husband thinks it's a waste of razors. I went from November to last week without shaving. Now my legs feel cold.
  • mae1020
    mae1020 Posts: 234 Member
    I shave every day. I don't like the feel of stuble.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    I have been known to go the whole winter without shaving...it's not like I'm wearing shorts or anything, right? Whatever.
    I hate it, it sucks. But when they're exposed they're always shaved.

this ^^ LOL me too
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I hate shaving. I only do it when necessary---i.e., when someone will see my legs. The only downside to this is that I'm pregnant, and I had a scare where I had to go to the ER, and in my panic I had to hurry and half-*kitten* shave my legs before I could leave so I wouldn't feel grizzly while there.
  • i hate shaving my legs. it takes too much time and effort when i'm tired and have tests to study for. of course as summer approaches i will do it more often but for now nobody notices. plus i have blonde hair on my legs and my boyfriend doesn't seem to mind...just as long as he gets some! :laugh:

of course everything else is taken care of :tongue:
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Unless Im sick I shave my legs everyday. A girl never knows when she might get lucky. I prefer my husband not snuggle up to a cactus. :)

But honestly, i cant stand the feeling of my legs when they need to be shaved. I feel dirty. I have very coarse dark hair so i pretty much HAVE to everyday anyway. Sometimes I can shave 2 times a day. I usually do on Wednesdays.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 673 Member
    I HATE shaving my legs. I will do it... to spare others my grizzly natural state and for my husband. But yes, it is a chore. As for just myself, I could care less.

This! My legs itch for such a freaking long time after I shave them. It's so annoying! I hate it.
  • I have been known to go the whole winter without shaving...it's not like I'm wearing shorts or anything, right? Whatever.
    I hate it, it sucks. But when they're exposed they're always shaved.

My name is Robin too LOL and I'm the same way hardly shave i the winter but always do when my legs are showing
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    i don't shave, wax, or do anything to remove hair from my legs. They honestly aren't hairy enough to.

People normally get grossed out first, but then they feel my legs and are like "Wow" and most women say "they are jealous"
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    I think it's a chore, and only do it when I'm wearing something that shows my legs. My husband isn't bothered by it, because I hardly have body hair, and my legs after months still have barely any hair on them. People used to ask me if I shaved my arms because they don't look like they have hair, but I've never shaved them.