5 random/interesting facts about you

Options

Replies

• stevevldz
    Options
    wow! 11 pages and counting, people really do love talking about their favorite subjects (including me) THEMSELVES! :)
    1.) i'm left handed and left footed yet have diabetes related blindness in my left eye, OH the irony!
    2.) it took me 13 years to get my bachelors degree...i took a 7 year break in the middle of going to college to work.
    3.) I spent the summer of 2006 in Beijing China and traveling throughout...no eggrolls and the kung pao is better here i though :-)
    4.) I started a business in 2008 and it was relatively successful for it being our first year, but 2008 was also the year the economy tanked...and so did my business :(
    5.) my personal philosophy is to do right is more important than being right.
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1. I've had more than 200 stitches. All but 1 of those stitches were at the same time and at least 100 were in my face.
    2. I am very against drinking and driving due to #1.
    3. I flew a plane when I was 8.
    4. I am almost 30 years old and still highly enjoy rolling down hills.
    5. I adore coffee.
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    1. My favorite food is crackers.
    2. I have more than 30 stuffed penguins.
    3. I can't eat bologna or hot dogs because I can't shake the feeling that they're made of people.
    4. My mom still thinks I may be a lesbian because I so vocally support marriage equality.
    5. I get way too much joy out of doing a really bad Michael Caine impression to annoy my son.
  • thea0101
    thea0101 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    1. I am a walking contradiction. I can go target shooting with my dad one moment, and do nail art on my mom the next. I can spend days playing Metal Gear, and then spend the next days watching make up and hair tutorials on YouTube.
    2. I can speak 2 languages fluently (English and Filipino), 2 dialects fluently (Ilonggo and Sapianon), and understand and can speak a little of 2 other dialects (Aklanon and Cebuano).
    3. I am freakishly scared of heights, but I stupidly still do stuff sometimes, just because. Cable car, Space Mountain, etc.
    4. I love the beach, but I am not a good swimmer. I just like being there. Kinda ironic that I grew up 10 minutes away from the beach. I would hang out at all the beaches in the world - if I had the resources.
    5. I have never fought with my boyfriend due to jealousy - almost 7 yrs and counting.
  • inmind
    Options
    1. I could live off peanuts and beetroot (but not together)!
    2. I want to visit Italy
    3. I believe happiness comes from within
    4. I don't think we can be born lucky, but we can die lucky!
    5. Does anyone remember when we thought computers would make life easier - yeah right!!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1. I am a somewhat recovered chocoholic.
    2. I have a BS in Elementary Education, but want to go back to school and study social work.
    3. I love to bake, especially cheesecakes for special occasions.
    4. I have 2 sons in college [sophomore and junior], and 2 daughters that will be going to college by the end of this year.
    5. I currently live in the country, but was born in the city, and I want to move into the suburbs.
  • TidoWyla
    TidoWyla Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. Married my highschool sweetheart. We've been together almost 13.5 years and married 8.5. I'm 30.
    2. We hand built our own home. Took us a very long hard year, but it's our dream home.
    3. I had a seizure while delivering my 3.5 year old and if it wasn't for such a fabulous Dr., we might not be here today.
    4. I own and ride my own Harley--so does my husband.
    5. I have my permit to carry---and I do.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Love all these random facts! :bigsmile:

1) Hate shoes and the only time they are on my feet is if I'm walking outside or in to a store or if my work CEO is in town. I do wear socks though, in deference to those with feet issues.
    2) Played the flute for 4 years and the piano for 8 years as I child...I can now play neither, which is just a darn shame.
    3) Traveled a lot growing up and have been to 37 of the 50 states and the eastern part of Canada. Would like to add the other 13 at some point in my life.
    4) Have developed a theory that solid objects have a magnetic pull on my body, as I walk into walls/door jams/desk corners/file cabinets/etc. at least once a day.
    5) In school <way back in the day> excelled in English and Mathematics and hated History and Science, and am now absolutely fascinated with both History and Science.
  • rsdgirl
    rsdgirl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1) i am OBSESSED with swimming :) love to do it myself and follow it also

2) i am half deaf and half blind (after a minor stroke in 2009)

3) i drink at least 1 pot of coffee a day

4) i met my husband and got engaged while i was still in high school (happily married now for 4+ years)

5) i am burning for a cure!! (Reflex Sympathetic Disease, diagnosed after an injury in November of 2006))
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    1. I met my husband online and did not marry until I was 35
    2. I spent a semester in Ireland and acquired my taste for Guinness (It has never tasted the same out of Ireland)
    3. I drowned at age 2...and had an extreme fear of water as a child ...I have no memory of any of it. (So my parents say)
    4. I am able to prescribe medication (as long as you can read what I write for...and no...I thought I would NEVER have bad handwriting!)
    5. I have experienced a exciting ride on a fire truck ---long before I was licensed to write prescriptions
    and not when I supposedly drowned :smile:
  • RDalton84
    Options
    1. I love love love the Backstreet Boys and have seen them in concert 11 times in 5 different states

2. I also love New Kids on the Block and saw them for the first time in concert this past summer, with the Backstreet Boys lol

3. Stephanie Plum is my favorite character in a book (if you have not read the Stephanie Plum books, you are seriously missing out!)

4. York Peppermint Patties are my all time favorite candy and have been known to eat a bag of the mini's in less than one day (no more though lol)

5. Almost every show on my DVR is a reality show of some sort, my favs being American Idol and X Factor because I LOOOOVE hearing people that have such amazing talent!
  • Helenasnan
    Helenasnan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. I collect anything and everything about Princess Diana
    2. My computer room is full of Diana stuff
    3. I ALWAYS fight for the underdog
    4. I love to bike and hike!
    5. I have been blessed with the most beautiful granddaughter on earth!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options

4. Been married 4 times. After 3 divorces you have to look at the common denominator and re-evaluate. I realized I was an @sshole.

NOW THAT is an honest appraisal..................not that I'm agreeing, cuz I don't know you, but.........well, you know what I'm sayin'

LOL.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    1) I know how to fire knife dance and was televised performing with my group when I was 15.
    2) After getting laid off 3 years ago I have nearly doubled my salary; the primary driving incentive being to go back and tell the person who fired me I make more than she does...a lot more.
    3) My daily commute totals about 5 hours just so I can make (2) come true.
    4) I've been scuba diving unprotected with tiger sharks but am scared of eels.
    5) I travel extensively and still get airsick.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    2. I have an obsession with lip gloss/lip balm and I’m always applying it. (I have a tube everywhere: car, desk, purse, kitchen, etc.)

oh, yeah......I can relate to that. I get freaked out if I dont' have my "lip goo" around!!!!
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    5. I would be the next American Idol if the auditions took place in my car

hey, if they had them in my shower, I'm SURE I'd win!!!!
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    1) I'm terrified of thunderstorm at night ( when I was little and taking a nap our house was hit by lightening)
    2) I can't stand snakes, can't even look at them they creep me out so bad
    3) If I could live on cheese I would die happy
    4) In high school I tried and failed to get kicked out of the National Honor Society
    5) I married my husband 22 days after meeting him (we have been married 13 years now)
  • OfficialPR
    OfficialPR Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    1) Absolutely LOVE being at the Gym - Not a Gym Freak Though...
    2) Love to Dance - Salsa, Hip-Hop, Waltz, Bachata
    3) Speak Spanish Fluently - Puerto Rico
    4) Thoroughly enjoy Traveling
    5) Am studying Nutrition to compliment my Fitness
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,955 Member
    Options
    1. I used to be a nationally ranked Magic: The Gathering player
    2. I'm a movie snob...although I love crappy movies too.
    3. I once shot a man for snoring too loud.....
    4. My best friends are all women, my wife refers to them as "sister wives".
    5. I have 2 Honorable Discharges
  • RH_Brazell
    Options
    1. I am black/white/native american
    2.My favorite food is chicken
    3.I don't like veggies
    4.I'm a stay at home mommy
    5. I'm new on this site