Is there anyone that eats more than 1200 calories a day??

Options

Replies

• chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    No way, I couldn't survive....maybe if I ate healthier. I was on 1770 to lose weight, and am now on 2000 to maintain. I do exercise a lot though so I often eat 2200-2700 calories a day...I love food!
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I eat anywhere from 1500 to 3000 a day.
  • cadams0715
    Options
    I eat 1900 a day, eating about 300 calories every 3 hours. I haven't really eaten back my exercise calories because I don't feel like I need them. Once my calories get lower I definitely will. I have been losing a little more than 2 pounds a week.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I eat 2800 cals 3 days a week and 2k 4 days a week.
    I lose 1% Body fat every 2 weeks and gain lean mass so yep!

I also have a group of peeps on high cal diets who have nothing but great results!
    PM me for assistance!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have a few days where I go over 1200, but only when I have the calories to cover it. I don't typically eat back the majority of my exercise calories and I don't always feel hungry enough to eat all 1200 calories to begin with. I think it's just out of habit/routine though, because I'm focusing on only eating when I'm legitimately hungry- I could easily consume way more of I weren't as aware of what I'm trying to do. :P
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    I'm at 1400 plus whatever calories I burn exercising. I've lost almost 12 lbs in 8 weeks.
  • Sarahw008
    Sarahw008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine has me at 1210 a day to lose 1lb a week. IF I eat only 1200 calories a day I actually lose more like 2lbs a week and don't feel well. So I usually eat about 1400-1600 and still am able to lose about a pound a week. 3 more pounds to my first weight loss goal. Then I'll aim for a loss of 5 more pounds, up my calories to maintenance and really focus on my muscle tone for summer!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I eat an average of 2200 cals whether I workout or not.
    How I do it to lose is:

1. 24hr fast starting after dinner on Sunday 7:30 till dinner time on Monday 7:30
    2. Tuesday through Friday I follow the following equation:
    Maintenance cals at light activity level - 400 cals + half of my burned cals.
    3. I eat my maintenance cals with activity level and half my workout cals on the weekends.
    I end up with a 4000 cal deficit at the end of each week :bigsmile:

Also Tuesday through Friday I follow a clean eating diet, while I eat what ever I want within moderation on the weekends.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I eat 1590 a day, and it has worked well for me :) Plus exercise of course
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I was eating at 1300, but I bumped it up to 1530 since I'm trying to add some muscle now, and I'm more active with during the day, and therefore hungrier. With exercise, I usually eat at least 1500 calories a day though. I've lost weight just fine too. I don't think I could go under 1300, I would be too hungry all the time.

The only way I could eat at 1200 is if I didn't work out and was fairly sedentary.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories from 1200 to 1390 and I do eat my work out calories back. A body needs to refuel and be healthy or the weight is just not going to come off. Plus......who wants to starve themselves anyway. I like food.:bigsmile:
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    My trainer set all of my numbers. She has me at 1450 calories/day, but is talking about maybe upping them because I am running on my off days. I have trouble hitting the 1450 mark, so upping them makes me nervous...Whenever I finish my log for the day, it always says I eat too few...Still working on incorporating more protein into my diet.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is the minimum you should eat if you are laying in bed all day. I eat between 1500-1800 usually. 1500 to lose, 1800 to maintain. If I only ate 1200 calories my family would not like me very much. I use the Olivia MFP method and it works great for me!
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about calories or net calories? I've been doing 1400 net calories (calories minus exercise calories) per day for over a year. I started this program nearly a year before joining MFP. If I get a lot of exercise, I eat more to balance the exercise. I've lost 1/2 pound per week pretty consistently.
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Raises hand, I do, I do. I started out at 1200 and boy am I'm glad that I learned better that I needed to increase as I became more fit so now I eat between 1600-1900 a day and I keep my protein high because I don't want to lose any lean muscle. I eat every 2-3 hours and I'm never hungry, so I'm glad that I do eat more than 1200 because only eating that amount and burning major calories is not the way to go for me at least. I also lift weights, so I would not survive only eating 1200 calories.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I did 1200 for a while and exercised so I could eat more. Then I bumped up to 1400 because 1200 was really hard to do. 1400 plus some exercise calories worked good for me. I did between 1200-1400 for 8 months before getting pregnant and lost around 35lbs. Now I get between 1800-2200 a day! I am loving it! lol, it's like a feast everyday! After I have the baby and am done nursing I will probably go to my BMR which is around 1500, plus exercise calories. I don't feel comfortable eating under my BMR anymore, it just doesn't make sense to me:) The pregnancy has helped me become more health oriented than just weight loss oriented as I was before.
  • Sierra_419
    Sierra_419 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i eat 1350 a day.. if i work out i like to stay around 300 under ... just in case i miscalculate my workout or how much i really ate.
    im losing weight at a pretty good pace.. a pound a week is good enough for me.
  • mcshaw10
    Options
    I am at 1310 plus exercise calories.. I could never eat lower than that!
    On a side note, don't be afraid of fats. You need healthy sources of fat in your diet for your cells to function at their best!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    1250 and whatever calories I burn with exercise. I eat a low fat intake with no bread.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm not gunna lie I struggle at 1200 on the days I don't exercise I HAVE to plan my entire day out in the morning or I will go over...but If I exercise I get 300cals back and I can enjoy myself al ittle