Options

Replies

• TentacleTango
    Options
    Congrats!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!! It was well worth it.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing success AND the choice you made. :flowerforyou:
  • jhehle
    jhehle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wow---you look great!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i need one but ill need to hit the lotto to have 7k to spend on one ..... maybe i could get a cheaper one in mexico im just worried ill wake up in a tub of ice with no organs
  • mbi0q26
    Options
    You look amazing. Congrats.
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulation you look great
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Looks great!
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Wow nice! I'm super jealous. My body got wreaked by my babies :(

Congrats on the weight loss too, you're looking great!
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    You look fantastic and Congrats for making that choice for you!

I got one done after losing 50lbs back in 2004. I was 25 and was miserable and discouraged at how I still looked fat in my stomach and couldn't see my belly button from the rolls that I later realized was loose skin. It was painful to run because of the jiggle and I couldn't wear tighter stuff without having this lumpy roll hang over. This was before spanx existed mind you.

I never felt so confident after getting it. It did cost about 7k but they offer payment plans and I think the interest was minimal compared to credit cards. Again this was in 2004 so I don't know how it is now. I highly recommend it to anyone as someone like me would have gotten discourages and would have gained all the weight back if I hadn't have gotten it.

But I still gained all my weight back plus some. I finally was happy with how I looked I slacked. Not to mention you can't work put vigorously for 8 weeks and since I'm an all or none kind of gal if I couldn't work out hard then it wasn't working out and I wasn't doing it (stupid young me). The problem was before surgery I worked out 2hrs a day so I could still enjoy eating foods I liked and not live off rabbit food. Eating the same food and not working out, plus grad school, plus being in a bad relationship, plus quittig smoking, plus getting married happily to a foodie (in other words life happens) I slowly gained all the weight back in 6 years.

So to those who decide to do it go for it but please don't mess up like I did. Honestly my thought was my stomach is flat therefore I'm happy. But like someone else mentioned you gain it back in other places. For me it was my back rolls, arms, and boobs.

Its well worth the investment and I can't wait to lose the weight. If I had to do it again I would. My scar is so thin and tiny and it goes from hip to hip. May will be 8 years ago I got it done. I don't regret it and I would do it again if I have to. I went back to work after 2 weeks but again depending on your job I wouldn't do anything strenuous for about 8 weeks. The scar at first was huge and red but as soon as I was allowed to I used coco butter. I recommend bio oil now it didn't exist then. I honestly don't remember the pain being that bad. I think I was on some good drugs for no more than 2 weeks. Oh I do remember car rides sucking terribly the first couple of days.

I wish I had taken pics of my saggy belly then but that's how embarrassed I was of it.

Congrats again! If anyone has any other questions feel free to pm me. I can't stress enough to do your research or yes you can end up with a botched, square looking stomach. Also if you're a smoker and want to do it I highly suggest quitting way before you do because you do not heal well.
  • RMerendon
    Options
    That is so very very awesome! Thank you so much for sharing. i appreciate the pic of you bending over to show how it looks when you are doing planks/pushups and most important for me is in the intimate position. It has made me cry several time. The saddest part about it is that I put off attempting to lose weight for almost two years because I was afraid that the saggy skin would look even worse without the fat to fill it in. Crazy I know. I have just got serious about working out and am in day 22 of consecutive workouts with absolutely no rest days. Too scared I will quit. I have promised myself that if I can eat right and work out as a lifetime habit and the saggy tummy still makes me cry I will get a tummy tuck. My husband is awesome and tells me that he is proud of my "saggy" tummy because it housed our two beautiful twins for almost 39 weeks and he would not trade that for a flat, washboard tummy in a million years. This means so much to me but before the twins, my tummy was his favorite body part. I can not totally dismiss this in my female mind. My other stress in the tummy tuck is the money. I think of what all I could buy or save for my children. I know, what a mess I am. I am so happy for you and with your success story. This helps me to ease the guilt I feel about it now. My kids need a mommy that is happy in all aspects of my life. Self image is so very important. If you do not mind sharing how your scar heals over several months time I would be so thankful. That kinda scares me too.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    You look awesome... I am jealous! Now I want one even more than ever!

I can't believe you've healed so well in only 3 weeks! I am also curious to see the scar and know if you had any other complications...

:smile:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Your stomach looks great!!
  • joconnor09
    Options
    your self-esteem must've soared after the tummy tuck! i can only imagine how much that excess skin must've been demotivating. you look fantastic- like you can really see all the progress you've made. nothing's holding you back now!!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I think it looks great... adds definition... much luck to you in the future! :-)
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looks great!!
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bump. Mine is scheduled for April 30th.
  • Melisolhu
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing!
  • SoBodyMazing
    Options
    Looks great!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    You look great! I'm glad you did this for yourself... Just out of curiosity, how long is the recovery for a tummy tuck?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!