To all you haters

Options

Replies

• Maria_Goose
    Options
    Meat is for men, bones are for dogs.........women were meant to have curves not look like a half-starved 10 year old children.

Indeed! ^0^
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    So true!!
  • MzzAisha
    MzzAisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    woooo hooooo!!!
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i was at a party one time and i walked in on a guy talking about me. *he wanted to get laid very badly. and he says, and i quote, "she has a pretty face and big tits....." he trails of when i enter. i wasnt really mad, i thought i was kinda funny. but looking back im like wtf?! you best like all of me if you ever hope i pay attention to you.

ps: i think that i should add that it was halloween and i was head to toe zombified...
  • rbeatty63
    Options
    Meat is for men, bones are for dogs.........women were meant to have curves not look like a half-starved 10 year old children.
    A real man speaks! Preach it!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    Yes my clothes maybe a bigger size, that just means you have access to a bigger prize.

That is a GREAT quote!!!

Really? This is the one part that I did not find appealing in the poem!

same with make up - less is more (better)... just cause you're comfortable with it doesn't mean it's healthy. People are comfortable with sleeping around but it's not healthy... not right either... oops... 'kay, off the soap box...
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    A real man speaks! Preach it!

meat is okay... it's the fat that's bad! :wink:
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

And body shaming skinny women is just as bad as shaming fat women...also, curves are to do with genes, not body fat - you can be fat and not curvy, you can be skinny and have curves...
  • rbeatty63
    Options
    thin doesn't always mean healthy, healthy comes in all shapes and sizes :)

Then why are we all here trying to lose weight? I'm pretty sure that "healthy" doesn't come in a 400 lb size.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for affirmation and positivity and encouragement, but there are two kinds of overweight people: those who have weight-related health problems, and those who will.

I don't mean this as a personal shot at you or anyone else at all, so I hope you don't take it that way.. I just get annoyed when I see people my size and larger deluding themselves into thinking they're healthy. I spent the better part of my teens and 20's thinking like that, and now I'm paying the price and I don't like to see others make the same mistakes.

Yes, we're all beautiful, intelligent people on the inside as the original poster suggested, but that doesn't do us a bit of good if we're dead of a heart attack, or diabetes, or some other weight-related malady at a ridiculously young age.

I suppose that makes me a "hater"...I don't intend to be, but such is life I guess. :)
    What you said is the reason I have a picture of an empty chair for my profile picture. It reminds me that if I don't take better care of myself, there could be an empty chair at family gatherings. I really love my family.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    I get where you are coming from in your post. I am big girl myself, well actually I am obese. There is nothing wrong with having high self esteem even if you are overweight. Cuteness, hotness and sex appeal all come from with in in my opinion. You can have the perfect body and not feel or be those things. I know I am beautiful and sexy as well, however at the same time i wont lie to myself and say that my fat is beautiful just the way it is or healthy, its not. But I am not my fat, its just something that's on me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not all small framed people are blessed with body confidence, and definitely dont think they are better. Thats a small percentage. Small framed people have an entirely different set of issues, unfortunately :(

I envy your self love!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder why anybody is on MFP really, if everybody loves the way they are now.
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You better go girl!!! I love it!
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have wished MANY times that MFP had a like button!!!!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    like!
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    I can love who I am, because my fatness is not who I am. There are days I do feel beautiful, sexy and whatever else was in that poem, it is irritating to hear your whole life, as I have....."what a pretty face, if only you could lose weight", as if fatness is unlovable, it really does something to ones (my) self-esteem. Love me, like me....for who I am, the person I am. I don't see a pretty face, all I see is fatness when I look in the mirror and I've been taught my whole life....fat is UGLY, therefore I've always felt ugly and always thought when people say...."you have a pretty face...etc. etc." that basically they were saying your ugly in a nice way. I could go on and on about this, but my stress levels will go through the roof.

I've never been happy or accepting of my size, even when I was only 40 pounds overweight, it sucks. But it doesn't define me. I think if you can feel good about yourself, no matter what size you are.....that is GREAT, you should feel good about yourself!!! But I believe we all know the important of weight loss for health reasons, I don't think you should have to feel bad about yourself to want to lose weight....do it for the right reasons....HEALTH!!

My fitness pal is helping to save my life, I love this app and have lost 17 pounds since I started using it in January, after the last year of struggles, ups and downs, mostly ups (meaning weight going up).

Most (I said most, not all) thin people do feel they are better than overweight people, I know several of them.

I do like the poem though, and God bless those that can love themselves no matter what weight they are, fat or skinny. Like someone said early on (Brian, i think), I wish someone would of preached more about how I would become very unhealthy if I didn't get this weight off, instead of just making me feel ugly, because now I'm 43 and very unhealthy.

Hugs,
    Sherry
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    But...I do have a really cute face..
  • peejay34mason
    peejay34mason Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Can I get an AMEN!!!!
  • duharvalgt
    Options