Tell me One weird fact

Options

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I used to be OCD about washing my hands......100's of times a day I'd do it, lotion made me feel "dirty" and quite often my knuckles would just bleed from being so dry......I got over it though, but it was a year or so of my life that I did that.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that in a public bathroom I will use the same stall every time I need to potty. Missing chunks of paint, familiar writings on the wall, and crude graphics were what made me notice.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I still have hard time in English (especially in speaking) even if I studied it for more than 10 years.

Many people's whose native language is English have a difficult time speaking English. You're doing a great job!

Haha! See? I wrote "people's whose" which is entirely incorrect! **distracted by Project Runway**

What is the correct way to put it then? I even don't know the difference of which, whom and whose. :embarassed:
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    All my movies have to be in alphabetical order, but not mixing videos and dvds.
    Books in a series have to be in order.
    I turn the tv sound level to 0 before turning it off. If I turn it off before doing that, I will turn it back on to do so. This doesn't apply to the iPod dock though.
    Everything in the car needs to be turned off, before switching off the ignition (fan, wipers, demister, radio).
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My pinky toe is an inch shorter than my ring finger toe. I can't fall asleep without music playing. I hate the quiet, it drives me crazy.
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I had to always start walking with my left foot, and if the flooring surface changed, my left foot always had to be the first one to step on the new floor. After years, I've mostly broken myself of this habit, but every now and then I'll stop short so that my left foot can take the first step on a new floor.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have have a big hearing loss (80% or so) since I was like 4...but most don't know because I can read lips.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can tie a knot in a cherry stem using my tongue. :tongue:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I found out I see the world of colors differently and some not at all. Example the only number I can see in this test is #25. The rest just looks like colored dots in a circle :frown:

colour_test2.jpg
  • Mark_
    Mark_ Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like washing clothes, I like folding clothes, but I HATE putting them away. There's a pile of folded clothes sitting on my dresser right now....
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    My pinky toe is an inch shorter than my ring finger toe. I can't fall asleep without music playing. I hate the quiet, it drives me crazy.

I go to sleep with the TV on...and I can't stand the quiet either....if im home alone, TV is on too, even if im not watching it.
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    One that isn't mentioned on this list....The bills in my wallet (or register when I worked at a register) had to be facing the same directions...larger bills first (not that I have many of those)
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Some words will make me seriously squeamish. Just a few that make me quiver are: fleshy, moist and sinewy.

My buddy hates the word 'girth', so we use it as often as possible.

I hate the words oozy, ooey, and gooey. I also hated the French word for 'egg'
  • photoguy29505
    Options
    You're not alone... I only see 25 and 56! LOL
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    Best. Topic. Ever. I feel much better now.
  • Stella_Leigh
    Stella_Leigh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I own a hearse.
    Her name is Midnight.

That is so COOL!!! :happy:

I know words in Russian that I don't know in English.
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have to check every grape for coloring, hardness, and bruises before I put it in my mouth.

I hate squishy grapes. :angry:
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I do not use escalators.

Was pushed from top of escalator as a child, falling...falling...hit hard, on the floor,and i have escalator teeth scars on the front of my leg where it shredded my skin down to the bone as it scraped me on the way down.

Good thing elevators are everywhere.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I had early stages of skin cancer before 40
  • shandylynn
    Options
    I can tie a knot in a cherry stem using my tongue. :tongue:

Me too! Although now that I'm married and pushing 40, it doesn't get near the response it used to, lol.

I get nervous getting on/off escalators
    I get anxious almost claustrophobic in elevators withtoo many people in them.

And I can flip my fingers and make them look like they have no bones. Cool party trick.