MFP Runner's Club

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    No run today, but hit the pool for a 1,200 yd swim. Just felt tired and definitely wasn't my best swim! Oh well, it is done. :laugh: Then did a shoulder and core workout.

Running a 5 mile race this Sat, so will not run until then! :bigsmile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Six miles today in a light rain. It was actually kind of refreshing.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to run this morning....:grumble: ...took something to help me sleep and it worked -- a little too good. Slept right through the alarm. I'll get in 5 miles tonight when I get home -- or else someone is going to get hurt! :devil: I really need those endorphins to make the day better -- so watch out world -- I cannot be held accountable for my attitude!!!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Another rest day for me. Off to the pool with the Kiddo...

Wishing you all a fun, safe holiday weekend:drinker:
    -Kechie.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Didn't get to run this morning....:grumble: ...took something to help me sleep and it worked -- a little too good. Slept right through the alarm. I'll get in 5 miles tonight when I get home -- or else someone is going to get hurt! :devil: I really need those endorphins to make the day better -- so watch out world -- I cannot be held accountable for my attitude!!!!

LOL, I love it!! I feel the same way....I am so addicted to those endophines....I call it my runners high!

I won't be running until tonight since I stayed up way too late and didn't get up early enough. I'm going to hold a short class tonight anyways, so I should be able to get some running in.

Runnerdad, thanks so much for the info on gaining speed. That's excellent advice! I'm going to try it, too. (Jenn, thanks for asking that question)

Jess, good luck on your race.

Kechie, have fun at the pool! I'd rather be there than working, thats for sure!

Well, I've been rebellious about logging food/exercise this week and was kind of scared to jump on the scale. I put it off yesterday (my normal weigh in day) but thought, well, I guess I better check.

And

I lost 3 lbs!!!!

Woo hoo! I love running!!!!!!!!!!!!

And each pound of fat I lose, the faster my legs can carry me!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Tomorrow is a day off work for me!
  • jabdye
    Options
    Well, I've been rebellious about logging food/exercise this week and was kind of scared to jump on the scale. I put it off yesterday (my normal weigh in day) but thought, well, I guess I better check.

And

I lost 3 lbs!!!!

Woo hoo! I love running!!!!!!!!!!!!

And each pound of fat I lose, the faster my legs can carry me!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Tomorrow is a day off work for me!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:drinker:
    I think sometimes I think too much about calories -- and when I take time off logging I actually eat better. Sounds like you have made some great changes and it is showing on the scale! What a great reward!!!!
  • bgood14
    bgood14 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!:flowerforyou:
    I jogged 3, walked 2 then jogged 1 more mile faster than the first 3. It feels like I'm carrying someone else's legs when I'm running! :sick: I'm really sore and although it feels great to run again, it is frustrating to have lost so much speed. :frown: Well, at least I am able to do a little!:smile:

way to get back out there, christine...don't worry too much about losing speed. there have been times i've lost speed, even when i'm running regularly. so if you've been out with injury, the comeback may take a little readjustment (i know you know this, but maybe it helps hearing it from somebody else). in any case, you just keep it up, and see if that speed doesn't come back to you.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Just popping in really quickly today to drop a hint....RUN, don't walk :wink: to get this month's Runner's World. It has so many articles which relate directly to many of the current issues we've recently discussed! It is phenomenal!!!! Must read AND keep!
    No run for me today. It's been a weird week....getting back on track next week!
    Happy holiday weekend to everyone! Happy birthday America!!!!
    Check in next week! :bigsmile:
    Becky
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody!:flowerforyou:
    I jogged 3, walked 2 then jogged 1 more mile faster than the first 3. It feels like I'm carrying someone else's legs when I'm running! :sick: I'm really sore and although it feels great to run again, it is frustrating to have lost so much speed. :frown: Well, at least I am able to do a little!:smile:

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Hang in there, Christine. It is better to start off slow after an injury anyway--I know, I have been there, come back and then been there again! Think of it as your body's way of making sure you don't do too much too fast!

Jodi
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3 miles for me today. I did some 400m repeats with a lap in between (half walk/half jog). My time on the fast laps was actually sub-8 min miles. Now I just need to stretch those into longer segments....

As a bonus today, I came home and got to help my dear hubby load some nice big cedar posts into his truck and trailer. If anybody has a "hankerin'" to do a country boy workout in Texas in the middle of summer, I can definitely hook you up!

Becky--I am impatiently waiting for my new Runner's World in the mail--I look forward to it every month!

Have a great day!
    Jodi
  • jabdye
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    ahhhhhh...got my run in this evening. 5.5 miles -- and I feel so MUCH better!

Life is good!

Hope you all have a happy and safe 4th of July!
    I'm hosting my family reunion tomorrow evening (big 2 day party -- about 75 people :drinker: :drinker: ) hoping to run in the am then off on Saturday -- long run on Sunday evening (after recovery:yawn: )

Take care!
    Julie
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Ran a wonderful 5 mile nature course tonight! I think I found my "power" meal---bowl of honey nut cheerios, banana and some coffee. What does everyone else like to eat to fuel up before a run??
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    :smile: sorry fixing an accidental double post:smile:
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    Hey Everybody! :flowerforyou:
    I went back to the gym today. Did arms and abs. I also rode this recumberant bike? I worked sooo hard it seemed but only burned 150 cal in 30 min!!!! Then, at my moms, I got her bike out (that has been sitting in the garage since my dad bought it for her last year:laugh: ) and rode 4 more miles with my daughter. Then tonite I ran 1.5 and walked 1 on the treadmill. I wanted to test out the new running shoes I bought today. They are Brooks adrenaline 9 or something like that. I went to a running store and got fitted and told what shoe to buy. They kinda hurt my arch. I guess time will tell. They better work! They cost more than any shoe I've ever bought!:noway:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!!

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Got some bad news this afternoon so I got rid of steam on a speed run. I wish I knew how far and how fast I ran, but sadly my nike+ thinger decided to die. Oh well :(
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Starting a new thread...:drinker:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    5.75 miles in 52 minutes....9 minute miles with hills! I can't believe it!
    Happy 4th everyone!
    Becky
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm still in shock, but...6 miles today! Week 1 of training complete. Almost halfway to the half!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    This thread is now locked. Join us on the new thread.:flowerforyou: