Vegetarian group. Kick-off WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    haha well hopefully you get the week to yourself. :smile: It must feel good to have some down time. Chuck E Cheeses yum! i'm hungry for pizza lol

I'm having an ok weekend. I worked for pretty much all of it. I'm excited for wed and thurs cuz I have them off. :happy: I'm going to treat myself to a movie. I'm thinking about seeing the new transformers movie :tongue:

How's everyone doing with exercise?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I did my usual 2 mile run yesterday. Did my kick boxing and Krav Maga class on Saturday. I never miss the gym...$99 a month and you won't miss a single class. Real insentive. I only wish that they would teach a Savate class or La canne...both would be so much fun. :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    That motivated me when I started my membership to the gym lol but now it doesn't. I'm at a low point right now and unfortunately negativity and bad stuff in my life seems to be taking over everything. I'm still having problems getting motivated to exercise. I cheated a lot this past week (exercise and with junk food) :ohwell: I wish I could get back to how I was doing a few weeks ago. Any advice?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    My instructors would only go harder on me the next time I come in if I miss a class. It helps to be in a class where you are relied upon to be there.
    We all have those type of weeks...I am going through mine. It's got nothing to do with eating or excerise though...purly monitary issues. The gym is my one splurge and I may have to give it up if my hubby can't find a job by August. My daughter is going to a private school ($500) a month and I would rather her have a better education than me have a gym membership. At least my garage is kind of like a gym. It's stictly for boxing and kick boxing...so no actuall equipment stuff...weights and bags only.
    I can only recomend taking a 10 minute walk...and you'll probably keep going because it feels so good.
  • 2bamom
    2bamom Posts: 7
    Options
    wow a vegetarian group!

I started at 268 6/22 and now am at 264. My future goal would be..254 by labor day. Seems doable...

I don't have any kids left but I am living with my bf of 1 yr and 4mo and we are totally in the marriage and baby carriage way but it really depends. He was recently let go from his job of 9 yrs and decided to totally change careers and become a trucker. Once that gets off the ground and he builds his savings back up we can start the whole marriage, house, kids thing. But we do have to kitties we parent to.

I 've been a vegetarian since at least 2002 - probably longer.

I just turned 28.

Anything else? I live in the north east USA
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey thanks for responding back. I think I'll just have to push myself to do at least some walking.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Just wondering what everyone is doing for the 4th?
    We're having a huge cookout at my in-laws. My bro-in-law and his wife are coming up from Fort Benning. :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how much it sucks to be veg at a Chinese buffet? Last night my food options were: green beans, veggie lo mein, steamed bread, and the broccoli from chicken and broccoli. Oh, and hot and sour soup. I didn't touch the white rice, no real interest. You'd think they'd at least have a stir fry or something?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Can I just say how much it sucks to be veg at a Chinese buffet? Last night my food options were: green beans, veggie lo mein, steamed bread, and the broccoli from chicken and broccoli. Oh, and hot and sour soup. I didn't touch the white rice, no real interest. You'd think they'd at least have a stir fry or something?

That's the reason I usually go for Thai or Japanese...at least there are a few more options (usually). It's hard to be veg in a carnivore world.
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i want ot join in this group too! i am looking to just lose a few pounds and maintain,but i am on my way to becoming vegan (not too strict yet). i do not have kids, and do not plan on having any for a while.

i love fish, but do not eat meat or do too much dairy. wondering if anyone has some great ideas for protein and iron without too much tofu or soy....iheard that stuff is not that good for us women.

also, was wondering if anyone knows of a good/relatively inexpensive gym in southern CA that i could check out. thanks all!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha tell me about it, i don't go to chinese buffets anymore just bc of that!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    I was doing well with running, then I got hit with a monster headache that lasted about 1 1/2 weeks. I was going to bed at 7 pm so I didn't have to deal with the throbbing. ick. It seems to have broken finally!:bigsmile:

I'm contemplating doing a 5k tomorrow morning, I know it's kinda last minute! We'll see what happens. We have a couple of parties to drop in on tomorrow, should be fun...but we are expecting rain.

mssarro- It does seem like there are tiny chunks of mystery meat in every chinese dish ever made.

I'm going out for mexican at lunch with some co-workers...I hate eating big lunches...but yay for guacamole!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Ooo that must've been one horrible headache! I'm glad it's gone.

I want to start doing 5k's. I've noticed a lot of ppl on here do them. How do you train yourself for that?
  • jlauren6
    Options
    You should try one! I ran for the first time after I had my son and have kept up with it for a year now. I go out for a run after work at least 3 times a week. Even if I can squeeze in a quick mile before making dinner. I started out at a very slow jog, walking when I needed to. As long as you keep pushing yourself it gets easier every week. It feels great!! I never thought I could do it, goes to show you anything is possible with some dedication! :bigsmile:
  • jlauren6
    Options
    I did it! I finished the 5k in 29:34, 12th in my age group. I know that I could have pushed myself more, but with the crazy headaches lately, I didn't think that was the smartest idea. All in all, a good run. :bigsmile:

How was everyones holiday weekend?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Good for you...happy those head aches stopped.
    I had a great weekend! We had a cook out at my in-laws...my BIL and SIL came up from Ft. Benning. My FIL made grilled salmon and veggie kabobs. Oh so yummy. We didn't watch any fireworks though...my BIL has some post war trauma. But all in all it was wonderful.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Okay, stupid question. Did becoming a vegetarian change your monthly?
    Make it more frequent?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    No, not that I noticed. My pd has always been pretty normal. Why do you ask?
  • CourtneyTree
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im back from vacation!
    Not to much time to ramble on about it here,so if your at all intrested here are my blogs... (http://courtneytalltree.blogspot.com/ ) and ( http://broccoliandboogers.blogspot.com/ )
    I cant wait to jump back into my diet. (hubby goes back to wrk tomarrow! so that should help us both out!)
    Hope everyone iswell!
    I wll update more later (its late and I should be in bed!)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Welcome back! :flowerforyou:

I've never had a problem with my tom...but it might just be because I've never eaten meat. Talk to your doc about it...just in case.