If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE . . .

Options

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Never give up. Never, never, never, give up.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you were pressed to offer just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE to someone seeking to lose weight, what would it be?

Don't cheat! Just ONE PIECE OF ADVICE per post.

Here's mine: if you drink alcohol or fruit juice, cut it down to one glass per week. :smile:

there are no shortcuts or 'easy' weight loss tricks or 'diets'... it has to be a lifestyle change.
  • track EVERYTHING, because EVERYTHING matters, weights you lift, weight everyday, hydration everyday, and of course what you eat including macros EVERY SINGLE DAY!
  • cindycolorado
    Options
    5-6 glasses of green tea daily. Spinning classes - the quickest hour on earth.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the journey by keeping it fun!
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hard work pays off!!!
  • Brayfields
    Brayfields Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The food you eat makes up 80% of your physique. Don't go on a 'diet', just change the way you eat for good by following a sensible eating plan.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Since everyone has offered up a lot of great advice I can't think of much more to add.

Mine would be.....if you stumble along your way, don't get discouraged, get more focused.
  • MallRatMeg
    Options
    It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you keep going.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; if you catch it, see a doctor and get rid of it.
    Hell yeah.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    It's not weight related but, whenever you're in front of the mirror tell yourself you're beautiful. I know it sounds silly, I find it embarrassingbut it helps with insecurities:) You will start to believe it, trust me.

Tasha
    xxx
  • DeborahStanley
    DeborahStanley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself 'am I really hungry or am I bored' Find something to keep your hands busy :)
  • snakesandladders2
    snakesandladders2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lift weights in a whole-body, high-intensity circuit fashion that gets your heart rate racing too!
  • samhelen
    Options
    Be happy with "who" you are so that the process of becoming "what" you want to be is achievable. Changing the number on the scale won't change whether you like who you are (voice of experience here)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    If you fall, pick yourself up - you don't have to stay down.

That's what I was going to say. No matter how bad of a day you have, tomorrow is a new day! You don't have to give up just because you had a bad meal, or a bad day. Or even a bad week.
  • Songbirdy
    Songbirdy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If you really want this then don't ever lie to yourself. Take that urge and send it packing.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this one yet, so my advice:

K.I.S.S. (keep it simple, stupid)

I might substitute in a nicer word for 'stupid'.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Ounce by Ounce, Pound by Pound each drop of sweat is your efforts to change. You did not get the way you are overnight nor will you get the way you want to be overnight.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    It has to be all about you, you won't succeed if you are trying to please someone else.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Log EVERYTHING eaten.