The HOT mommy at the gym debate

Options

Replies

• Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I'm too self-centered to notice/care what other people are doing at the gym unless they are invading my personal space.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the fascination that people have with other people at the gym. So what if they come, work out, and don't look like a hot mess? Or if they come, work out, and look like they got run over by a bus? Does the way someone looks really affect your personal workout that much? Nope. So why care so much what other people do? They have their own reasons for being at the gym, and those reasons aren't going to be the same as yours. Doesn't make their reasons less valid, just because they don't match yours.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I def don't wear makeup to the gym ever but I do love lulu lemon and have cute work out clothes. Most times its just me, my husband and our trainer so I can look like whatever! ha ha

Lucy is also great for cute workout clothes!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I find these ladies amusing, not annoying. I'm not going to wear make up to workout because my skin will break out from the mixture of makeup with sweat. And at the age of 30, I don't need breakouts.

I'm not there to impress anyone so I don't feel the need to draw attention to myself in any way. Unless it's my smoking hot body that's impressing people. Which right now, it's not ;)
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I sweat my *kitten* off at the gym and that makes me feel hotter than any make-up or cute gym clothes. That being said, I really don't pay attention to the "hot mommies" at the gym. I am there to get my work in for the day.

I am also NOT one of those mommies who get all done up to drop of the kids. (Although, have many friends who do) I work 3 12 hour shifts a week so getting up that early on my day off does NOT happen. My girls are lucky if I have changed out of jammies when I drop them off! :laugh:
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    My gym doesn't have a "hot mom" group that I ever see, because I go during my work lunch hour. But since I am at work before I go, I have eye makeup on and my hair looks good. I don't put it up in a ponytail either, because I find with my personal trainer that if I am on my back doing different exercises, it hurts my head. So I just leave my hair down, and let me tell you, it is a disaster by the time I am done and I don't care. I sweat like a man, too, so my makeup all runs off. I take a quick shower after I am finished and reapply makeup and fix my hair. The hotties I see are all very young (I am 43, they are in their early 20's).
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    totally their prerogative. i personally can't stand the burn of foundation and powder running into my eyes - but maybe that's just me. some people come for the workout, some come for the social hour. personally, i find it entertaining as hell that they think they are fooling anyone. but at any rate, as long as you aren't chatting on your phone on the equipment when i want to use it, i really could give a *kitten*.
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    For me it depends.... I admire a woman who can go to the gym and look good in the clothes she is wearing (I for one am the Mommy in the bandanna, oversized tee, and long pants on just because I am too self conscious about myself), if she has makeup on I think that is her own prerogative, but when the judgmental looks start flying because I obviously don't look as put together as I do, that is when I get angry. I work out hard and I sweat because I have a lot of weight to lose so I am going to be comfortable when I do it :-)

9179779.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm not one to complain about pretty ladies, but here is my take on this:

I've got WORK to do when I go to the gym. I only say that to give a background to my thought process. Now while these hot mommies look very nice, the cute girl all natural with sweat all over is far sexier to me. I am more attracted to a woman that wants to work in the gym rather than a woman who is more concerned with peacocking. Just sayin...
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Whatever to picky women and whatever to the ones that try so hard to look "the best". Enjoy rechecking mascara for smears or glaring across the room; I'll be working out over *flex* there .
  • samhelen
    Options
    I consider the "hot mess" look a badge of honor when I leave the gym -- used to work out with my husband at the Base Gym and we would complete against each other so I never really paid attention to what anyone but the two of us were doing... if it makes someone feel good to look cute at the gym then so be it -- might be the most positive attention and ego boost they get all day?
  • koolmum
    Options
    To each their own. Maybe that's their only "outing" for the day and they want to look good.

Personally, I brush my teeth and *most* of the time my hair before I go to the gym. That's about it.

I guess that why I'm Koolmum and not Hotmum :wink:
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    If the hot mommies look hot after wrangling kids all day, more power to them!

Maybe the gym is one of the few places they actually get to socialize with adults, and they don't want to look like crap.

I think it's great that they get to the gym, and aren't at home covered in crayon and goldfish crackers.

^^and this!!
  • porcupinegirl32
    porcupinegirl32 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    there are just some women that naturally look good without having to put much make up on or fix their hair. Me, I'm not one of those women but when I'm at the gym I could care less what I look like. I'm one of those people whose hair is drenched in sweat and totally red in the face when I'm done. If I could look like a million bucks before and after that would be awesome but it's not the case. Sometimes when we admire someones beauty it comes across as jealousy and for a moment it could be because some of us just have to work harder at looker better/prettier. I actually look at/admire other women because I'd love to have a small *kitten* like that or their color of hair. It just makes me work and strive harder to achieve my goals. In the end I measure my beauty on how I treat other people.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I'm extremely jealous of this one woman at my gym who I've nicknamed Pageant Girl because her hair is always MIss America PERFECT. My hair looks like hell the second I step away from the bathroom mirror, let alone after a workout. And Pageant Girl works hard. And she has an AMAZING tush.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I've seen these MILFs you are referring to and, NO, I really don't care if they want to get dolled up for a gym sesh. Honestly, I'm too busy busting my *kitten* to notice how these vain vixens try to compete with each other and fish for compliments. If they need that type of validation, then I'm glad they've found a road to self-confidence and security.

However, I can say that it does REALLY annoy me when said MILFs decide to add "accessories" to their gym outfits. Seriously- wearing huge, gaudy earrings and bracelets to the gym is RIDICULOUS!! Not only is it a serious safety hazard, it also increases a MILF's chance for an "I'm a friggen idiot" moment. Think about it ladies---if your big, blingy earring gets stuck in a machine and slices your ear open, no one is going to remember how good you looked!!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't get why people care so much about how other people look at the gym. Who cares??? It's a gym! Go there for you and get over it if someone wants to look hot and lift 5lb dumbbells!
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    if I had the time and the patience to get myself dolled up I would, because it's more fun to look cute than frumpy anyday. More power to the girls who have the time to do it! I hope to as well someday! :)
  • eclaire9
    Options
    I think people who complain about pretty gym bunnies need to mind their own business. If looking nice gets you into the gym and working out then good for you! What do I care if someone looks all dolled up at the gym? And if you have friends at the gym great! And if you look nice even if you max out at 5 lb hand weights, well...that is wonderful!!

I frequently shower, fix my hair and have makeup on before I go to the gym. I have a life before I work out, then I work out, get dressed and go on with my life. I really hate having to get ready after working out because it delays my getting on with the day. I also like to feel pulled together from the start. It works for me.

So you do your make up before working out - work out - and then change and go do other stuff? Without re-doing your make up or doing anything with your hair?? Are you not sweating at the gym?

If I did my hair and make up before working out, I would have to do it all again after working out because I work my *kitten* off, and therefore sweat - getting my hair and face sweaty. My mascara would be on my cheeks ahaha

And this is coming from a girl who loves her make up!! LOL
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. I don't go to the gym to find dates or get attention, but other people might like that added element to their workout. Granted, I usually don't work out on the equipment next to women like this :) but the gym is a social scene for some people. I don't know about you, but I tend to work out a little longer when I know someone is watching. Like if I'm running on the sidewalk and there are a bunch of people around, even if I"m out of breath and want to stop I don't until I am well past them. Maybe they know they attract attention, and it is a good way to stay motivated while they are working out? Maybe a stretch, I don't know.