Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• sexycheesemonkey
    sexycheesemonkey Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* moi

I started at 250 and was virtually stuck there for 2 years or so.
  • tracysch108
    Options
    Hi I am just starting. I am 206 and 5'7''. So you are not alone. Most of my weight is in the belly region,.....UGH.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I started this journey on January 7th (this year) at 242lbs... At my last weigh in I was around 208 lbs. So YEAP I am in the 200s with you! Don't get discouraged!! The fact that you are starting this journey means you are on your way to your goal weight. And you are doing what MANY people aren't doing and that's finally taking the steps needed to a healthier life.

When I weighed in the beginning of the year at 242 I wanted to cry, that is the most I have ever weighed... even during pregnancy!!! But I just sucked it up and pushed on through. Dropped the excuses, dropped the weight. You can do this! I believe in you! :smile:

*Forgot to add I am 5' 9 1/2
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8" and was 244 in August 2011. I've been up and down over the years with a high of 257 at the end of 2008. I've found that with the help of MFP in general I can do this. I signed on in November 2011 at 236 lbs. This past Friday, I came in at 213 lbs. The encouragement and motivation of the great people on this site, make the quest easier. You know that you are not alone.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi Gabby! I started on here in October and started at 230 lbs, and slowly through the holidays managed to lose 15 lbs so far. Feel free to add me for encouragement and motivation. I could always use a new friend too, the more the merrier! :)
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started around 230, had lost a few pounds before starting because I was around 250 last summer. I joined at the end of September and am now around 170-173 currently. Feel free to add me :)
  • senoj242
    senoj242 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi everyone I'm 5'9 246 for now, ready to lose it! feel free to add me.
  • mrstalee
    Options
    I started at 237 pounds and am slowly losing it, little by little. But I will get down to my chosen weight eventually. It's not easy with a big family but I keep working at it. I just joined a gym so am hoping more intensive exercise will help.
  • KarenNancy
    KarenNancy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Add me today is my first day on here and I need all the motivation I can get!!!!!
  • chimbleysweep
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and started out at 256. This morning I weighed in at 238! Feel free to add me.
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I weighed 270 pounds. Last summer I weighed 228 pounds. I am currently at 210 pounds and really looking forward to weighing under 200 pounds. We can all do this!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I started at 298 and am at 255 now.
  • mykahlio1
    mykahlio1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i just started yesterday and i am 5Ft 10 in and am starting at 250lbs too. my girlfriend has been on here a few months and lost 21 lbs and her hubby has lost like 11 i think so this is something i think we can all do. im hoping this helps me as well as others to be accountable for my exercise and the crap i put in my mouth:wink:
  • trustytrauts
    trustytrauts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am actually only 5.4 feet and weigh 244 so I have a long way to go but I will take it a day at a time
  • StrongandTender
    StrongandTender Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Me! Me!

Wow, I sound excited about it.

I'm 5'3" and started at 246. My end goal is 111 pounds from there, at 135.

You're taller (most people are) and so I think the bottom of of your range is about there.

I'm friend-able!
  • Rachratty
    Rachratty Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I started at 249 and am only 5 2. feel free to add me. xxx
  • ShellyDarlene
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and in Dec I got on the scale for the first time in years :( I weighed 223. Needless to say I cried in the middle of the drs office. I know I have topped 250 but luckily I didn't own a scale at that point. lol. A friend suggested I try this site so I joined a few days ago, I was 218 then. I am looking forward to dropping back down under 150 truthfully my goal is to see 105 again.

Being that this is my first forum post I have no friends here and wouldn't mind having a few so add me if you like - I haven't figured out how to do it yet.
  • mkam1980
    mkam1980 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    239.5- 5'7 let's be friends
  • cahart11
    Options
    I started at 240 in December, but didnt start MFP until Feb when I was at 221. I am down to 215 atm.
  • chrissilini
    chrissilini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm with you. It's been slow going but I'm keeping with it. Lost 6 pounds so far. A lot more to go. We can do it!