Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Replies

• CrazyOldMan52
    CrazyOldMan52 Posts: 1 Member
    :smile: 5*9'' 356
  • INGSA
    INGSA Posts: 6
    Yep! Started off at 233.4 lbs, the heaviest I have ever been! No more! Going to tackle this once and for all! Good luck everybody! INGRID X
  • I started at 254lbs. but I'm only 5'4 so it shows big time. Anyways , I started this weight loss journey a month ago today and so far I've lost 15lbs. I'm a good motivator so friend me if you'd like.
  • INGSA
    INGSA Posts: 6
    Wow! You have done fantastically well! Please share how you did it..what was the food you made regularly that is yummy and non-fattening? INGRID X
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Started at 250 lbs almost 3 weeks ago. Last weigh in 237.
  • kiwigal7
    kiwigal7 Posts: 13 Member
    Yup me here, i am currently 248 so at the higher end of your bracket but I have been eating right lately and visiting the gym and feel fantastic! Please add me and cheer me on LOL ill do the same :)
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Started at 250 lbs almost 3 weeks ago. Last weigh in 237.

Oh and feel free to add me. Anyone in the same boat. I would love to see people this same weight, I think it would help us!
  • I am starting at 210. You are not alone!
  • I started on Ash Wednesay at 246. My goal is to loose at least 100 lbs. Anybody have any tips? For lent I gave up all the "bad" things, fried foods, chocolate, booze....
  • Hello everyone! I started at 298 lbs. I realized after many attempts over the years that it is simple math.......IT TRULY IS. The idea is to be in a calorie defecit and you will loose weight no choice about it. I do not have time to make super healthy lunches or dinner. Just to give you an idea, I basically live off Tim Hortons menu but ensure a caloric defecit (with exercise of course). Here I am 40 lbs. later! Feels good, be sure not to over complicate things.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    I started at 230 that was a couple of years ago. As someone who's been there I'd be glad to help you on your journey!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    My highest was 258 before I started, So I definently know what you are going through
  • Hi Gabby

I'm right there with ya.........232 lbs 5'9"........I started today, I really want to do get this weight off. We can do it!!! You can do it!!! I'm here for ya. I know I'll need the support. You have a good evening and let's exercise tomorrow.......that's my biggest downfall.....getting off my hiney. LOL
  • i started with 233 and just want to get to the 100s at this point. add me if youlike
  • I am 5 1, and 217, so i believe I have about 80 lbs to lose, looking forward to having a support group
  • izzygetsbizzy
    izzygetsbizzy Posts: 37 Member
    Hi! I'm 260 and 5'4. Just started on here and looking to lose about 100 lbs! Add away!
  • Longtobeslim
    Longtobeslim Posts: 67 Member
    This is my first week at mfp. I started at 251.8. Tomorrow is my first official weigh in. I have been weighing every morning, though just to see how I am doing. As of this morning, I was down 6.6 pounds. I am thrilled to see everyone's great results. It gives me hope that I can do it too.When you are as big as I am (my heaviest ever) it seems overwhelming. But my husband works with a guy that lost 50 pounds in a year on mfp. So I am trying NOT to think about how far I have to go and just taking it one meal, one day at a time. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Feel free to friend me as well.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 723 Member
    I started at 251 in January and am currently 218 working towards a goal weight of 190 (or lower). You are definitely not alone, and the are success stories of people who have started much higher as well.
  • XoSaraoX
    XoSaraoX Posts: 97 Member
    my goal is about 100ibs started over 200, im currently down 48.2 pounds. so almost half way there,.

424417_10151308568170545_509685544_22610134_1715389153_n-1.jpg
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    I started at 260 and if i don't get back on track and fast i am gonna be back there. Haven't been on scale in a minute i guessing i am back up to about 230. I am lacking motivation right now and need all the help and support i can get.