That Moment When...

Options

Replies

• diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Great thread...

I had a weird moment the other day, was rubbing the side of my arm and realised I was rubbing skin over bone instead of flab!
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep ^.^
  • jbpretty
    jbpretty Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The moment when you realize you're doing this and succeeding. You never gave up and you're really stronger than you ever thought. There's no more "starting my diet tomorrow"...you changed and are never going back. YES!!

...someone called you their inspiration.
    ...you needed a whole new wardrobe.
    ...people do a double take when they see you.
    ...you like what you see in the mirror.
    ...you realize fat is not leading your life anymore.

Great thread!
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    ...you choose the almonds over the cookies, without hesitation.
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    ...you are finally able to RUN all those 5 miles for the first time!! Incredible feeling! You are feeling like a totally different person and you want the World to know what you've accomplish and what you have been working so hard for!

Great thread!
  • Zalitharia
    Zalitharia Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The moment when you know there is no going back. You've made it this far and you know you may have hiccups again in the future, but you will be able to pick yourself up and keep motivated, keep strong, keep pushing to live the life you want to live and not fall back on old habits like you've done in the past, no matter what happens.

The moment when people start asking YOU for advice and get excited to share progress stories with you about their fitness goals and achievements.

The moment when you have absolutely no clothes left in the closet that fit, even from 10 years ago, because you are more fit now than you've been in your entire memory.... (Going clothing shopping next weekend!)

The moment when you realize exercise excites you and nutrition fascinates you (I started MFP when I downloaded the app to track calories. I thought tracking calories would bore me to tears, but the more I learn about protein, carbs, fat, calories, sodium, etc the more I am completely fascinated by it).

The moment when your goals change from "losing weight" to "being fit and healthy".
  • rice0111
    rice0111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are shocked to see your leg muscles when you wear shorts instead of capris. Who knew those muscles were getting so defined?
  • sherryd527
    sherryd527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look in the mirror and recognize the "old" you.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    The moment when your goals change from "losing weight" to "being fit and healthy".

Love this one!! It really should be everyone's ultimate goal!
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    When you go dress shopping and everything you try on actually looks good.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When your looking in the mirror and realize your tummy is the same size as it was when you were sucking it in. Now you can flex........
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You return to China after 7 years and for the first time can buy clothes in the country!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    look forward to getting dressed every day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Your underwear band doesn't cut into your love handles.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Your underwear band doesn't cut into your love handles.

Ditto, adding pants to this equation
  • KimmySue72
    KimmySue72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You buy a new pair of new jeans and love them...because they fit so good you order another pair in the exact same size, and by the time they arrive, they've too big because you've lost another 3 pounds! Yippeee!!
  • fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When people who aren't your close family or friends ask spontaneously that 'have you lost weight? you're lookig good' - makes my day.
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    I felt my hip bone.
  • ifrit89
    ifrit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    that moment when you realize it's really hard to shave your armpit cuz of the muscle getting in the way :P
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    .... you take a dress out of the wardrobe to try on in order to see how much you still have to lose before you can wear it, and it fits perfectly
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!