So ladies....

Options

Replies

• annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    To me it's not a big deal, as long as the man doesn't have SMS... My hubby is an inch shorter than me and it's no big deal. Plus, he likes when I wear heels :drinker: :drinker:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like my man to be taller than I am.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and love to wear high heels so I am pretty tall already. I tend to like guys who are me height or taller.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    How important is a mans height to you? I was having a discussion on this with a friend the other night. Do you think its important, somewhat important or not important at all?

While it's important, I don't think it's a dealbreaker. I've dated one guy who was a bit short than me...All the others have been taller, but not by much until my current guy. I'm 5'6 and he's like 6'5, so I always joke about having to carry a step stool around so I can kiss him, but we make it work. I think the way a guy treats you and feels about you is so much more important. And the plus to my guy being that much taller than him is that I can rock stilettos without making him self conscious.
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    I'm kind of tall 5'8" and men in my family are around 6' and up. I have always preferred tall guys, dated tall guys through school and into my 20's. ...........................

Always one for a good joke, my husband/partner/best friend/ is one inch shorter than I am. :bigsmile: It doesn't bother me, but I do envy ladies who can wear high heels because I just will not do that.
    One inch is one thing, he has curly fluffy hair so you really don't notice anyway, but making me 6' compared to his 5'7", yeah, no thanks. :grumble:
  • joyfulnoise100
    joyfulnoise100 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've always had a prefernce for a guy who is taller and bigger.... but my husband is about an inch shorter than me and I wouldn't change him for the world.
    As with all physical things, it's easy to have a preference but it really is the personality and heart that matters.

Well said. I think society still has quite a large stigma on the man being shorter than the woman, but is does truly come down to the heart.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    I've always been short, I didn't reach 5'3" until I was 19. So if a guy was shorter than me (and I had a guy friend who only came up to my chest when I was 5'2" ) I'm not sure I'd like it. Granted if I liked him enough I'd get over it. My boyfriend's taller than I am, I only reach his shoulders and it's mildly annoying because I have to stretch to kiss his chin. But I love the *kitten* out of him so hey.
  • jennafluff
    Options
    I never thought to much of it but I my husband is waaaaaayyy taller than me. Top of my head is level with his shoulder. I find myself wearing heels alot. If we are talking standing up he generally leans against a bench or something so we are eye level - he hates looking down on people. It's a pain even in bed - he gets cold shoulders, I feel like the bed clothes are suffocating me!!!!! If I had the choice I would prob prefer someone the same height as me when I'm in heels!!! But when ya can't be picky when ya fall in lurve!!!!
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've never dated a guy shorter than me (I'm 5'6"), and although it's shallow I don't think I would be comfortable with that.
    I prefer when a guy is at least 5'10" (5'10" to 6'2" being my preferred range), but I've dated a few 5'8"-5'9"ers and never thought they were any less attractive for it.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Tall women scare me.
  • Piglet_26
    Options
    For me it has to be taller as i'm only 5'1".......gotta love my boyfriend for being 6'5" hehe
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and while I like taller guys I'e been with guys who are shorter then me and they tend to make up for the difference..... :wink:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Tall women scare me.
    Good. I like being scary.

My 5'5.5" husband doesn't mine me (at 5'10" barefoot) in 4-5" heels, though. Even though we're currently separated, he still appreciates the view from down there.
  • bug802
    Options
    Tall women scare me.

I am 5'10, and for some reason short men love me. (short being under 5'5) short men scar me, forever being the big spoon.

so for some girls height is a big thing.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am 6' so 5'10" is bueno
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    Most of the girls I know, & including myself, prefer a guy to be atleast her height or taller :)

what she said =)
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5. I don't think I could handle dating a guy shorter than me. I'm already short enough!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    dream that he is super tall so that I look tiny standing next to him. buuuuuuuuuuut.... just as long as he is taller than me when I am in heels. not a total deal breaker... but, i don't want to wear flats all the time.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    As with all physical things, it's easy to have a preference but it really is the personality and heart that matters.

This!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" so I tend to look a little longer at guys who are at least my height... that seems impossible sometimes! I would like, just once, to at least stand next to someone who made me feel small. Just for the novelty value if nothing else :)

Totally agree with you here! Ive had boyfriends shorter and 1 the same height as me but none taller and i never feel small, ive kinda gotten used to it now though as me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years...but if alexander skarsgard comes knocking on my door...yeah i can dream haha!
    x