Who hates running?!

Options

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Skipping is always a fun alternative. But only if you sing at the same time.

What song do you sing when you skip?

Something you'd likely sing if on a yellow brick road or if you were a little blue creature that lives in a mushroom.

and now i can't get "we're off to see the wizard" out of my head. thanks for that.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I used to love running, now i hate it.

Dear Running:

I miss you... come back to me I use to burn so many calories with you, we had a love hate relationship. I used to be so beat after a long visit with you and swear that I would try something else the next day, but for some reason I always thought I needed a good "run".

Since I havent seen you in a while its getting harder and harder to get used to you again, I think its time to let go. I met a new friend and her name is spinning. Dont cry. I will come back to you one day, but not for a while... not until a few pounds are gone

-natacha

P.S. I will call you up to hang out just in case Im being chased by cops or killer clowns, dont go to far
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it, my body does.
    Therefore it is the evilness of other machines to kill me off.
    Helps that I can't run/walk/think in a straight line so the treadmill is my enemy.

This is exactly me!! I want to be a runner, so I am hoping my by body gets over its complaining. If I get on a treadmill, I get dizzy and end up falling and flying off the back of it.
  • mickeyleeross
    mickeyleeross Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to run ten miles four times per week. Ate whatever I wanted. I tore a tendon in my left foot, not completly, but cannot run any more, Too afraid to risk more damage. I can walk long distances without pain now. If your going to run, see a foot doctor to see if you need orthotics.... First :)

Since then, seven years ogo, I gained 95 pounds. I find now in my old age that I must restrict my food intake or else.

I miss that athletic "high" feeling.

The fanbike seems the best for me, like the Schwinn Air dyne, for my aerobic exersise. The arms take pressure off the foot.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hate running and I'm in the military where we need to run for our Physical Test.
    Yea twice a year, it's a joke.

Doing P90X helped me avoid running to pass my test. I still have to run at least once just to find out I'm within the passing score.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it, my body does.
    Therefore it is the evilness of other machines to kill me off.
    Helps that I can't run/walk/think in a straight line so the treadmill is my enemy.

This is exactly me!! I want to be a runner, so I am hoping my by body gets over its complaining. If I get on a treadmill, I get dizzy and end up falling and flying off the back of it.

Trails are out of the question for me. Rocks, cracks, and shadows all make me trip.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I always hated running.. shin splints, pain in my legs, burning lungs.. but I am determined to be a runner. Started at 300 pounds. Anyone can do it. Anyone can get over the hump. There are stretches for the shin splints and pain.. We started by starting a running club.. Much easier when you do it with someone.

You will get to a point where you feel the high.. that is a point that takes me forever to get to, but its great.

My reason for wanting to run is: everyone I've known that was heavy and became a runner has lost the weight and kept it off.

I will conquer it, it won't conquer me!

But I also do other things, swimming, yoga, spinning, crossfit!
  • eryn415
    eryn415 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running before I started doing it regularly. Now I love it.
  • kmcgaw
    kmcgaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I also have a love/hate relationship with running. In fact, I used to always say that the only time I would run is if I was being chased, but then I got the bug a few years ago. I learned to run on a treadmill, but once I hit the pavement, I could never go back. After training and completing a bunch of 5 and 10km races and then conquering a 1/2 Marathon, I had an injury and had to stop for a year (which turned into 2). Now, I am back to brisk walking, dancing, skating, cross country skiing, biking and swimming, depending on the weather. I have gone for a few runs since my foot injury, but find that I don't love it as much anymore. (probably due to the amount of time I need to ice my foot after the run.) I am more likely to go out again the next day if I do any of the afore mentioned activities than if I do a run.

If your body responds well to it, it is the best way to tone up and lose weight, so if you are so inclined, go for it. I plan to stick to a routine of doing brisk walks including hills to burn calories and have fun doing lots of other activities.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I used to love running. I broke my foot in too many places so it is too much for me. Running imo is the best kind of exericse, it makes your legs and *kitten* look soooo good.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Why run when you can ride like the wind?:bigsmile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I also hate running with a passion. =( But I like the effects it has on my body, so I'm willing to bite the bullet and just do it (for now, anyway).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running, because I couldn't do it. Now I can, and I'm good at it, and I love it.

Yay for C25K!
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why do you hate running?

Actually I used to hate it! Now im really getting into it. I did my first 5k last year just to challenge myself, now I'm signed up for a 10k.

I as well HATED running up until I was 30 --- now I'm all in it! Did my first marathon last year, and will do my next this year. I am signed up for a 10 mile, a half marathon, and the Chicago Marathon :) I don't know what triggered this, but it's something I love now! And I am NOT super skinny or fast by any means, it is the finishing that is an awesome feeling! Try it you may like it :):)
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it too... until I realized I was doing it wrong. And by doing it wrong, I mean going too fast too quickly, not allowing for enough rest, etc, etc, etc. Now that I know how to do it right, it's easy and I LOVE IT! I wish I could do it every day now!

now the elliptical, walking, etc... BORING to me now. Give me a run any day. Even if I have to do it on a treadmill staring at the wall.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    HATE IT! I'm training to walk a half-marathon so we walk pretty quick but at least it's not running!!
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner but you could try cycling, eliptical, jump rope, videos, classes....theres lots of options :)
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Spin classes burn alot of calories but I still prefer running. it's cheap, convenient, and easy.
  • SewerUrchin
    Options
    I hate running with a passion. I don't mind feeling exhausted and sweaty, but for some reason, with running, I just can't get enough air into my lungs; while I get out of breath doing cardio in general (which is kind of expected), I don't get the "holy crap I'm dying" thing with any exercise except running.
    Plus, as a boobular belle (which is my more tactful/punny way to say "chick with huge jugs"), it's most undignified.
    Weirdly, when it comes to walking, I'm a trooper; my default speed is around 4mph and I can keep going for hours and still be fine. Something about breaking into a jog just doesn't work for me.
  • EJWoolcock
    Options
    I hate it and what's more I'm terrible at it. I still do it though and last year ran a 6km fun run. Mind you, I'm supposed to aim for the 12km fun run in Sept this year, and I'm struggling to get motivated to train and run that far when I hate running so much! I love boxing, that's fun!