Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Very interesting about the coconut oil helping your underactive thyroid. I was just diagnosed with this last month. I'll have to research this a little more.

I've only used ACV to treat sinus infections and it works like magic. Mix 8oz water with 2tbsp ACV and 1tbsp honey. I have also heard it's bad for you teeth but brushing your teeth with baking soda after drinking it helps.

baking soda and vinegar are not a good combination to mix in your mouth!!!!!!!!!
    (do your own research on this)
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was just wondering how you were using the coconut oil? For sauteeing etc,. instead of olive oil?

I spread mine on toast in the morning then I put my peanut butter on top of that. Very tasty. I also mixed some in my oatmeal yesterday.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

A few years ago, I told my doctor I was going to try ACV to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides. He said, go ahead, but it won't work. And it didn't. I took it for nearly 6 months that time around. I am going to start again, hoping on hope it will help me drop some pounds and help with some other maladies I have developed. If you go to some of the homeopathic web sites there are all kinds of testimonials on ACV. If you can believe what they say, ACV cures literally everything! Oh, it did get rid of my heartburn and acid reflux almost immediately. This little voice in the back of my head.. if it sounds too good to be true.... :huh:
    [/quote]

Make sure it's the organic, unfiltered ACV. If you were using it before and using the kind you use in your kitchen, it won't work... :-)
    [/quote]

See next post...
  • delilah47
    Options

A few years ago, I told my doctor I was going to try ACV to lower my cholesterol and triglycerides. He said, go ahead, but it won't work. And it didn't. I took it for nearly 6 months that time around. I am going to start again, hoping on hope it will help me drop some pounds and help with some other maladies I have developed. If you go to some of the homeopathic web sites there are all kinds of testimonials on ACV. If you can believe what they say, ACV cures literally everything! Oh, it did get rid of my heartburn and acid reflux almost immediately. This little voice in the back of my head.. if it sounds too good to be true.... :huh:

Make sure it's the organic, unfiltered ACV. If you were using it before and using the kind you use in your kitchen, it won't work... :-)
    [/quote]

No dummy here! Using Bragg's ACV with the Mother even, just like I did before.:wink:
    I have no idea how this post got messed up.. the quotes are off. Just responding to the sentence above.
  • alyssaxonestel
    Options
    how do you use in im very interested in this !
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I would brush before you drink the ACV water- not after.
    it is not good for your teeth to brush after drinking acidic things.
    I would rinse my mouth with plain water after.
    Very interesting about the coconut oil helping your underactive thyroid. I was just diagnosed with this last month. I'll have to research this a little more.

I've only used ACV to treat sinus infections and it works like magic. Mix 8oz water with 2tbsp ACV and 1tbsp honey. I have also heard it's bad for you teeth but brushing your teeth with baking soda after drinking it helps.

baking soda and vinegar are not a good combination to mix in your mouth!!!!!!!!!
    (do your own research on this)
  • yogi_meg
    yogi_meg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Would it hurt the benefits of ACV to add it to my smoothie instead of water?
  • delilah47
    Options
    Would it hurt the benefits of ACV to add it to my smoothie instead of water?

I don't think it would hurt the ACV but your smoothie would never be the same. You could if you want to, but I would just drink the 2 tsp in a glass of water and be done with it.... then enjoy your smoothie. :laugh:
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jdelaney81
    Options
    Bump
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • alyssaxonestel
    Options
    Well, when I sip 2 teaspoons of AVC added to 16 oz. of water throughout the day, I can feel the revving of my metabolism. My body heats up like wildfire. It has also stopped my aching joints. I can get out of bed so easy in the mornings now with no pain however, from what I gather the coconut oil also can have this effect and it also burns fat and revs your metabolism like wildfire. But, it does contain 125 calories per T.spoon but it's a good fat. Contains the same ingredient found in mother's breast milk. Interesting huh?
    I broke my neck almost 4 years ago and this is the first time since that I have been pain free and swollen free (no swelling in hands, feet, neck, face, and stomach. It's like I'm finally getting my life back.

is it not regular apple cider vinegar thats i can buy at the supermarket i just went out and bought it haha
  • BlondeandBlue22
    Options
    I've also heard that coconut oil helps combat alzheimers(sp?).

Me Too! The evidence is looking good!
    I use coconut oil for everything!

I am glad this post was up= I forgot about Apple Cider Vinegar...

Make sure you all buy the bottles that say with "Mother" as this is the true whole apple cider vinegar...
    <3 Happy Weight Loss
  • karisma81
    karisma81 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Guyana, South America where coconut oil is almost the only oil that people use for cooking. It's not a magic potion - in general active people were skinnier and sedentary people were heavier - but I do believe there is something to the medium chain fatty acid hypothesis. I use coconut oil for about half of my cooking because I think it's delicious but i personally wouldn't eat it by the spoonful.

Vinegar for weight loss also reminds me of my childhood in Guyana. I had never heard of anorexia but I heard of women who drank dangerous amounts of vinegar to lose weight. I'm sure a little bit is fine but watch out for you tooth enamel (throw it back quickly then rinse with water??)
  • tracpo
    tracpo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am doing the ASV, Saigon Cinnamon, and bee pollen granules right now. Two times a day. Been doing this for almost 3 weeks and have noticed a HUGE change in my eating habits, my stomach, and NO MORE ACID REFLUX! Also, energy levels near superhuman levels!

12oz filtered water
    1 heaping teaspoon bee pollen granules
    1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother
    1/2 teaspoon Saigon Cinnamon

Stir it for 30-45 seconds and let sit for 5 minutes to give it time to dissolve some. Stir for another 30-45 seconds then drink.

Does it taste great? No. Does it taste terrible? No. All I know is next week I get my cholesterol tested. It was at 191, we will see what it is next week!

I was intrigued by your post and went to learn more about bee pollen granules. An hour and about $20 later, I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail!!!!

I would just like to say I got my cholesterol tests back after going to the doctor's this morning.

Was 191, now 179.
    Weight was: 200, now 185
    Waist was: 37in, now 35.5in

That's excellent!!!!!! Great job!!!!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Well, when I sip 2 teaspoons of AVC added to 16 oz. of water throughout the day, I can feel the revving of my metabolism. My body heats up like wildfire. It has also stopped my aching joints. I can get out of bed so easy in the mornings now with no pain however, from what I gather the coconut oil also can have this effect and it also burns fat and revs your metabolism like wildfire. But, it does contain 125 calories per T.spoon but it's a good fat. Contains the same ingredient found in mother's breast milk. Interesting huh?
    I broke my neck almost 4 years ago and this is the first time since that I have been pain free and swollen free (no swelling in hands, feet, neck, face, and stomach. It's like I'm finally getting my life back.

is it not regular apple cider vinegar thats i can buy at the supermarket i just went out and bought it haha

No, it's not...what you can buy in the supermarket has been processed so much that all of the beneficial ingredients are gone. Use Organic, Unfiltered AVC (preferrably with the "Mother")
  • rataliek
    rataliek Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • JohnsGrandmaK
    Options
    bump
  • jamilla77
    Options
    bump