what do you do whenyou crave for sweets

Options

Replies

• cliffpeeples
    Options
    I replace it with something healthier. Works every time. Kids and wife want a gigantic bowl of ice cream with fudge brownies at the bottom, drizzled in fudge and caramel? I make it for them. Then I grab a bag of smart-pop popcorn and enjoy half a bag which generally makes me full, now. That's only 120 calories. Add some cinnamon for extra taste.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I eat them, log them, and budget the rest of my day's calories accordingly.

This! I have a "live it" philosophy, not a "diet" philosophy. Isn't it better to enjoy your life in moderation, than to simply be on this journey in misery?
  • brenteesha
    Options
    Definitely eat them... personally I think the cravings are worse when you cut certain foods out altogether. I stopped eating fast food when I started this site, and after like a month and a half I finally broke and had McDonald's last week. I wasn't horrible and just had a small dinner, under 600 cals... but eating that greasy, nasty McDonald's broke my craving and I've been ok since. Granted, I wouldn't mind eating it still, but it's easier to stay away. (: I usually try to keep a coupe hundred calories open so I can have a little snack at night.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I EAT THEM!!!!

Happens once a weekish....:love:
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Eat them
    This.

I would eat it but a portion size that would fit in my caloric intake of the day.
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Gum, diet soda, sugar free candy, fruit.
  • hugthefish
    Options
    I find sweets really hit the spot when I want something sweet.

Truth. Eat your chocolate--what's life without it?
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat them... personally I think the cravings are worse when you cut certain foods out altogether. I stopped eating fast food when I started this site, and after like a month and a half I finally broke and had McDonald's last week. I wasn't horrible and just had a small dinner, under 600 cals... but eating that greasy, nasty McDonald's broke my craving and I've been ok since. Granted, I wouldn't mind eating it still, but it's easier to stay away. (: I usually try to keep a coupe hundred calories open so I can have a little snack at night.

I had that happen 3 nights ago. We were driving back from a run at like 11:00 at night and I wanted Sonic drive in...They were closed so we went to Mickey D's and I ate Chicken fingers.... I was cured of wanting any fast food for a while....ick! It didnt even tast like real food!
  • challengeaccepted
    Options
    I usually have a piece of 90% dark chocolate. Or I'll have a cup of coffee with heavy whipping cream and a teaspoon of splenda. Or I'll make almond (peanut) butter muffins and sprinkle a bit of splenda on them.
  • Momof3Auntietomany
    Options
    Like :smile:
  • abibearxo
    Options
    Chew gum

i wouldn't do that as chewing gum for a while makes you bloated!
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    I look at the nutrition fact first, then decide if I still want it. If yes, then I eat it.
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    drinking coffee usually kicks the craving.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    If I crave real bad I usually eat whatever it is, but if I don't think I can control it to a small amount, I would chew gum or brush my teeth xx
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I usually grab a sugar/fat free chocolate pudding and top it with a tablespoon or so of lite cool whip. Hits the spot everytime!
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Me too, I had the double cheese burger after 2 months of no McDs (I used to eat it once a week). It didn't taste as good as I remembered... the meat was dry and there were crunchy, cartilage bits in there. I don't miss it.

I have sweets everyday: 6 chocolate almonds or a cookie.... whatever fits in my daily caloric goal. I never feel deprived.
  • ariel419
    Options
    Luna Bars are great for getting your sweet fix. They have a huge assortment of flavors and some of them are as good as a candy bar, but with less then 200 calories and under 10 grams of sugar. Plus they have essential vitamins and nutrients, a win win!
  • shaley84
    Options
    I try to only eat them if the craving is super intense....but they always are since I'm preggo, lol!
  • soon2bhotmom
    soon2bhotmom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    so glad you brought it up. I woulda gave anyything for a hot fudge sundae yesterday and not cared that I blew my cals. Nothing else was satisfying, felt like an addict needing a ciggarette. I didnt do it and feel good about it today.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter does the trick for me.