Replies

• pattan59801
    pattan59801 Posts: 142
    Options
    what is a burpee? well it's a tomato of course
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

No! Don't do them! You will wear yourself out and not have that energy for things that are less silly and useless!

Are you messing with people???!!! Seriously? You posted 50 times the word ''silly''.
    We got your point. Don't push yourself at the gym and stay lazy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    Attempting to push through pain when you are exercising can also lead you to discover how expensive it is to make an unexpected trip to the emergency room and pay for physical therapy as well! How exciting!
    Lol, I'm still waiting for a client to sue me over it. <eyeroll> More than knowledgeble to recognize acute pain and lactic acid pain. You've been exposed as a slacker, so your petty pleads for acceptance are for naught. We get it, you DON'T like hard work. That's why you have RULES. No need to try to preach to people about being uninspired during exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    wow, I'm really shocked by the attempt to degrade the burpee. It is hard but amazingly effective for toning and cardio. This girl does a lot of burpees in her routines and looks amazing doing them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

Why even comment on the thread if you are against the subject? Bah!

That girl rocks!!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Good thing I work for a hospital & do physical therapy for a living!!! True story!!! No worries! :wink:

I'm an ER doc so good here as well :wink:

zuzana-burpee-fusion-workout-1.jpg

zuzana-burpee-fusion-workout-6.jpg

zuzana-burpee-fusion-workout-10-150x150.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    So you admit you have your clients in pain? You don't have to push people to the point of pain to have a reasonably good workout. When someone is in pain, they have already pushed too far.
    Yeah, it's called lactic acid build up. You probably don't know about that though.

IDEA Fitness member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    so good for your abs
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options

No! Don't do them! You will wear yourself out and not have that energy for things that are less silly and useless!

Are you messing with people???!!! Seriously? You posted 50 times the word ''silly''.
    We got your point. Don't push yourself at the gym and stay lazy.

If I was lazy, I would not go to the gym in the first place. I keep writing "silly" because people kept asking why, and that was the answer. That and the fact that doing those darned burpees made my back tired and sore.

Instead of working with a trainer, I like doing group classes as the gym, because that way, I can decide how hard I feel like pushing, and if I am having an off day, or just don't have a lot of energy and want to go a bit easier, I don't have some jerk yelling at me to do it anyway.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options

Sorry I should reword...the burpees I do willingly when my trainer puts them in my routine are....he doesn't really MAKE me do anything but he is good, I trust him so even though I hate them I do them...gladly coz I am paying him to work me out to the very best of his ability and the improvement I have seen so far convinces me he knows what he is doing so he says burpee I burpee :)

Well if I was paying a trainer, one of my rules would be NO BURPEES! Even if I don't progress as quickly without them, still, my rule is NO BURPEES!

Obvious troll is obvious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    So you admit you have your clients in pain? You don't have to push people to the point of pain to have a reasonably good workout. When someone is in pain, they have already pushed too far.
    Yeah, it's called lactic acid build up. You probably don't know about that though.

IDEA Fitness member

You know what? I don't want lactic acid build up. I like keeping my lactic acid level exactly where it is supposed to be!

http://www.delano.k12.mn.us/high-school/academic-departments/science/mr-b-wiesner/cross-country/10-things-you-should-know-about-lactic-acid
  • cutmd
    Options
    burpee.jpg

Still not looking silly to me. Not sure why I'm still posting either....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,604 Member
    Options
    If I was lazy, I would not go to the gym in the first place.
    You can be lazy at the gym. I see it all the time.
    That and the fact that doing those darned burpees made my back tired and sore.
    Which more than likely means you're doing them wrong.
    Instead of working with a trainer, I like doing group classes as the gym, because that way, I can decide how hard I feel like pushing, and if I am having an off day, or just don't have a lot of energy and want to go a bit easier, I don't have some jerk yelling at me to do it anyway.
    Translation: I don't like working out that hard.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    I actually like them they raise my heartbeat from 165 to 189 in a few seconds. By the 5th one I wish I could just stay on the floor :sad:
  • VLaaber
    VLaaber Posts: 30
    Options
    Burpees are evil but a great work out! We did them a lot in wrestling to help with our techniques. ||I find they work your legs and core pretty good.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

You know what? I don't want lactic acid build up. I like keeping my lactic acid level exactly where it is supposed to be!

http://www.delano.k12.mn.us/high-school/academic-departments/science/mr-b-wiesner/cross-country/10-things-you-should-know-about-lactic-acid
    8db990d6-fe25-49d0-afac-b3a59068cb1a.jpg
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    Several people I know from the gym think burpees look (and feel) silly too. So I know it isn't just me!

I like to either exercise standing OR on the floor -- not constantly jumping between one and the other!
  • cutmd
    Options
    If I was lazy, I would not go to the gym in the first place.
    You can be lazy at the gym. I see it all the time.
    That and the fact that doing those darned burpees made my back tired and sore.
    Which more than likely means you're doing them wrong.
    Translation: I don't like working out that hard.

^^^ This. The kind of BS I used to tell myself to escape working hard BEFORE I got fit
  • Health_Gal
    Options
    Hey, I am fit. I just don't feel any need to be extreme about it .
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Like most things on MFP, some people hate them, and some people love them.

However, this insistence that anyone who doesn't want to do this one exact exercise is a useless slacker, is just elitist trolling that should have been left behind in the high school gym locker under the dirty socks where it belongs. .
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

:laugh: :laugh:

KillaGB: that is farking awesome!

Rayman: not 100 consecutive. Was something like 20,20,20,10,10,10,10,10,10