Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I thought couscous was a breed of dog

:laugh: OMG - you must have fainted when you first saw the menu at a moroccan or turkish restaurant! :laugh:
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I kept seeing people walking around with bags, badges, T-Shirts and the like that said "I <3 PB" and thought for a long time that it meant "I Love Peanut Butter" rather than "I Love Paul's Boutique"

Neither make sense really.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    I kept seeing people walking around with bags, badges, T-Shirts and the like that said "I <3 PB" and thought for a long time that it meant "I Love Peanut Butter" rather than "I Love Paul's Boutique"

Maybe the clothing is named after the BEASTIE BOY'S album...???
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Today is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day so, even if it usually stands for Paul's Boutique, it definitely stands for Peanut Butter today.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't the right way, but I always have fun with that Marmoset Song from the 1960's:

"Marmoset there'd be days like these -
    Marmoset, marmoset...
  • EmDrake13
    EmDrake13 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It took me hours to convince my ex it was In a Godda Da Vida and not In the garden of Eden lol

The rumour about this song was that it was supposed to be "In the garden of Eden", but they were so high, it came out In a Godda Da Vida...
  • Massageu2
    Massageu2 Posts: 59
    Options
    From Queen's "Bohemian Rapsody" my best friend thought the line was "gotta moush, gotta moush...." instead of Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the Fandango.

I died laughing when she told me that one day.
  • cal1973
    cal1973 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.
    It would be interesting to know what a Douse is. Perhaps the word you seek is deuce. Irony is awesome. :drinker:

As is sarcasm sir...
  • strandedj
    strandedj Posts: 128
    Options
    Carrie Underwood's before he cheats: carved my name into his leather seats

I thought it was legacy-
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    When i was little my mom used to tell me Whitney's song went..

"Give me one moment in time...When im Morgan i thought i could be"
    instead of more than i thought i could be.:embarassed:
  • sarebak
    sarebak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    my cousin thought the acdc song dirty deeds went "dirty deeds, down my cheek"
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

^^^^^^ and we have a WINNER....

LMAO, really, tears in my eyes
  • catic
    catic Posts: 156
    Options
    MY cousin's wife (who is American) says, WALLAH. What she actual meant was Voilà!!! Apprently lots of Amercian english only people do this. LOL
  • khuckaby1
    khuckaby1 Posts: 69
    Options
    O.M.G. I have always thought it was "for all intensive purposes". I feel so dumb!!!!
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    my brother thought that when a man got a vas. they cut his balls off... he's 27 and I just convinced him he was wrong lol

wait a min.....so there not supposed to....I need to call my lawyer.....
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    When I was learning the alphabet, I thought lmnop was one letter pronounced "elementa-pee".

That's funny my little sister used to say HIJK "CAMEL" and a P. We still like to say it that way, it's just fun! And when my oldest daughter was about 2 yrs old we had Salisbury Steak for dinner one night and she ask if she could have more Chocolate Snake! We still call it that to this day and she is 12 now.
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dude, that is hilarious! Just cracked up at work seriously... hahaha
  • clairification
    clairification Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    These have seriously made my day, my face is going to be sore from smiling!

For pretty much most of my life I thought the "Scaramouch, Scaramouch wil you do the fandango" line in Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was saying "Got a Moose? Got a Moose? Wanna do the Fandango?" I was confused at what dancing moose had to do with anything and also how someone would dance with them...
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Can't breathe!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,669 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was little, she came home from preschool one day and asked if I could buy some "Chips of Hoy" cookies like they had at school.

When my son was little, we were watching a Mariners game, and he asked his dad who the third "basement" was.