SWaT-March Walk with Leslie Sansone workouts

Options
pmjsmom
pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
Hello, Fellow Walkers.

We are a small group of walkers who use the Leslie Sansone walks for our exercise routine and who post our progress and support each other in meeting monthly walking goals. Although originally a walking group, we have evolved into a very open, free-style support group. Some walk, some do strength training, and some mix it up. Everyone has different schedules and is at varying levels on their weight loss journeys, so you set your own goals; the only one you are competing against is yourself, and the group is here to offer motivation and support.

If you’d like to join, just introduce yourself and post your goals for the month. Check in as often as you can --- daily, weekly, whatever works for you.

The SWaT Walking Team originally stood for Sansone Walking Team (after the Walk Away the Pounds originator) and the name stuck. For those of you not familiar with Walk Away the Pounds (now referred to as Walk at Home), they are walking workouts by Leslie Sansone. There are four moves to each workout (walk in place, kicking, knee lifts, and side steps), and most workouts offer modified movements for a beginner or someone who needs a less strenuous walk. They range from one mile (about 15 minutes) to five mile (about 80 minutes) walks and can be done in your living room right in front of your TV or computer. They are available at Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. They also can be rented from Netflix or downloaded from the Internet, and some cable providers have them available in the Free Zone.

I found this group over a year ago, and it helped to keep me accountable with regular exercise. I lost almost 80 pounds and then let life get in the way and gained back 30. Now I want to lose a total of 60 more pounds. I have committed to regular walking this year and to getting back to a healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    My March walking goal is 85 miles with Leslie. Come on walkers! Let's do this!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Pmjsmom, Get well soon. Sounds like you've got a really wicked bug!
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm going with a conservative goal of 25 miles. :smile:
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I will go for 30. I did 2 this morning :) So, 28.
  • sqeek
    sqeek Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to join and walk some pounds off myself...I have been using Leslie for 2 years now and have walked off 87lbs !!! I just had some vein surgery done on my leg and recovery time is over..I plugged in Leslie on Monday and have walked 3 miles for the past 3 days and today I did some boosted walking for 1 mile and normal 10 minute mile for the other 2 miles...slow and steady wins the race and would love to have some encouragement from others and would love to be able to hear ideas that could help me and just maybe might have some for you..
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, until this cold is gone I am going to shoot for 1 mile a day.

(I expect this cold to be gone by the end of next week!)

That will be 52 miles for the month--walking 6 days a week.
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    I'm in for 60 miles-15 miles per week!

Looking to buy the new LS DVD when it is release later this month. It looks to have lots of choices!
  • Diggy2011
    Diggy2011 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies its sunny here so I have walked I guess about 1.5 miles in the open air

Welcome Sqeek x and to all the newcomers
  • frumpytofit
    Options
    I would love to join and walk some pounds off myself...I have been using Leslie for 2 years now and have walked off 87lbs !!! I just had some vein surgery done on my leg and recovery time is over..I plugged in Leslie on Monday and have walked 3 miles for the past 3 days and today I did some boosted walking for 1 mile and normal 10 minute mile for the other 2 miles...slow and steady wins the race and would love to have some encouragement from others and would love to be able to hear ideas that could help me and just maybe might have some for you..

Awesome accomplishment!
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (3/1) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone 4 Mile Super Challenge)

Total completed – 4 miles

Left to complete – 86 miles
  • Taymay75
    Options
    I'm going with a conservative goal of 25 miles. :smile:

This is great Florida! You can do it!
  • Taymay75
    Options

Awesome accomplishment!
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Well, until this cold is gone I am going to shoot for 1 mile a day.

(I expect this cold to be gone by the end of next week!)

That will be 52 miles for the month--walking 6 days a week.

This is a excellent goal for someone who is sick! I hope you get better soon. :flowerforyou:
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I'm joining I'll try for 15 miles since I didn't make it at 20 last month. Also I just joined a Biggest Loser contest at work so I'll be hitting the gym. (We have a gym at work)
  • Taymay75
    Options
    I'm in for 60 miles-15 miles per week!

Looking to buy the new LS DVD when it is release later this month. It looks to have lots of choices!

I'm really excited about it too. I've already preordered it.
  • Jennhasfaith
    Jennhasfaith Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just love, love love Leslie Sansone. I found her dvd's last September and have several of her dvd's. I can't wait for her new one later this March (already preordered it).

My goals for March is walking 4 days a week between 3-5 mi each time.

(average 4 mi) x 4 days = 16 miles a week x 4 weeks = 64 miles

Today: 3.1 miles

left: 60.9 walk, walk, walk!!!!!!
  • softballmom33
    softballmom33 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I also love Leslie Sansone video.

My goals for March is walking 5 days a week between 3-5 mi each time.
  • poofy7
    poofy7 Posts: 17
    Options
    i'm going to go for 3.5 miles per day so that's 24.5 miles per week ... ;-)
  • jessica_johnson2011
    jessica_johnson2011 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My March walking goal is 100 miles with Leslie.

March 1 - I walked 10 miles! So 1/10 of my way there already!!! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    My March goal is 60 miles. I did 3 last night, so 57 more to go .... :wink: