Friends Who Actually Comment!

Options
I don't know about everyone else but I feel like only 10% of the people on my friends list comment on my updates regularly (I only have a couple a day which are all health and fitness related). This is one of the major things that motivates me. I like to know that my accomplishments are being recognized so I thought I would make a thread for everyone who actually comments. I'm not saying you need to post on every status but occasionally just to show your support would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to this thread and we can all add each other and grow a big support system!

Good luck to everyone with achieving your goals :)

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Lol, I have 45 friends and spend like an hour a day just cheering them all on.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    well said..
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I try my best, but I have 40+ friends so I can miss some updates. I do make an effort, though.
  • mld2003
    mld2003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree that recognition is encouraging :smile:
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I do try and comment on everything. The only things I don't are closed food journals.
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    I love the support on here. I have only a handful of friends that comment, but they are awesome! The friends that I have that don't comment - they are all my RLF, and they NEVER even log on!! So sad!!
  • lindsnjeff
    lindsnjeff Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree!
  • lunalulu2
    lunalulu2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I try my best to reply to everyone but there are days when I just can not find the time. I only comment on diaries that look nutritionally sound, I do not cheer people on just for being under the calorie goal if they are eating too little etc. Feel free to add me and I will do my best to encourage you. BTW I reached my goal in November and I am currently maintaining in case you decide to add me and wonder why I eat so darn much hehe.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I try my best, but I have 40+ friends so I can miss some updates. I do make an effort, though.

Same here. Not all of my friends comment on all of my updates, and I'm ok with that. I try to especially comment on somebody who I know has been having a rough time lately.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Well send me a F.R. I will cheer you on. I cheer on my friends esp. if they have done well and no one else has CHEERED them on that accomplishment. I don't really worry about others cheer me on as I do remaining encouraged and focused on my long term goals.

At the end of the day if you are NOT committed, a stadium full of cheers will not keep you focused on your goals. In the end you have to ENCOURAGE YOURSELF!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I feel that I should probably comment more on peoples updates, but I have over 300 friends on here. It would be impossible for me to check them out everyday. I can't say no to a friend request. I feel that they are adding me for a reason and it would be rude of me not to accept. On weekends it is definately easier to comment, but I can't always see when someone completes there diary so usually go through my newsfeeds on the weekends a couple times a day. If their diary can't be viewed, I usually don't comment on it. Or if I see every meal is quick add calories, I usually don't comment on it. I understand sometimes you gotta do a quick add, I have done them a couple times, but not two or three meals a day everyday.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    This is what I have committed to do for my friends on MFP.

1. Be honest. Yes even about the ugly stuff.

2. Be available at least for an hour a day.

3. Comment on their achievements with a personal take and a motivational remark. (usually aim to make them laugh)

4. Go through my MVP email list and if I haven't heard from somebody in a couple days, send them a note.

5. Review their food diary and make suggestions if they ask for them. Or at least be ready to if they hit a snag.
  • zahidmahfooz
    zahidmahfooz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels...I try my best to support every one in my list...feel free to add me!
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! But I never get around to reducing my friend's list, because I do like to encourage others and I feel like they added me for a reason or I added them for a reason. I do, however, appreciate those who give me a pat on the back or an extra push when I need it! So I try to do the same :)

I love getting new friends, feel free to request if you'd like! xoxo
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I try to as well, but it can be hard. Sometimes I miss people or am having a busy or off day. But I try to hit everyone as often as possible :) Except for the couple of people that continually just do unhealthy stuff...I usually send them messages but at some point its just not worth it when they dont care you know? But feel free to add me! I love having friends around & supporting them :)
  • La1210
    La1210 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think the bulk of my friends send well wishes daily. Now some are way more vocal and we joke as well as support each other. I love my friends!!!! Please feel free to add me and join our friendly family.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I log in everyday and try my best to comment on everyone's pages. Anyone feel free to add me.
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I go on nearly every night- and try to post on everyone's day and cheer their accomplishments. I like to see it too since it definitely is motivating. :-) Feel free to add me.
  • teschy123
    teschy123 Posts: 89
    Options
    I really try to respond to all my friends, to encourage them, because I know how I feel when they encourage me!! Sometimes just seeing the letters WTG makes a huge difference in someones day!!!! Feel free to add me!!!!!
  • chrissismone
    chrissismone Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I would rather only get a few comments from people who actually read what I may say or actually look at my journal than people who give generic comments..states like wtg irk me bc it shows your masses encouraging..I always comment after really reading bc Im just like that I suppose. Same with the comments on profiles I like to give heart felt once not fake ones..