Things I've learned since starting MFP...add yours!

Options
MikeG2
MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
I thought this would be fun if people latch on to this post:

Write down one quick phrase, or more, that tells something that you've learned since starting MFP serious or funny. I'll start with two:

1) How crazy it can be that I can eat my regular calories even when I have a big workout.

2) How satisfying it is to have a pre-weigh-in dump.

Replies

• MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    3) Doing a midweek weign-in and knowing I'll have an awesome result for my weekly weight posting

4) Learning how to manage and curb my 'hunger' with water.
  • cecekelly
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP and needs some friends for support!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i learned how many calories i actually ate BEFORE i started this site. when i first got on there i thought 1,200 was alot of calories so when i started i went about my day & logged & saw how many i really ate.!
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    I've learnt as soon as I stop using it I end up getting fat again!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I learned that *I* need a spike day or I get bored.
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    that if you only have 1200 cals a day, somehow eating raw or less processed foods (nuts, fruits, fresh veggies, lean proteins) go a MUCH longer way than one prepared meal, plus you can eat SO much more!!
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have learned too that water can soothe my beastly hunger and that every calorie counts.
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    I learned that the calories I was consuming before I started logging everything was outrageous, and some things I thought were healthy choices were not!! big eye opener
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    1. Sodium. I can't believe that I was having so much and how it effects my weight.
    2. Better eating portions.
    3. More thought into the foods I eat when I go out.
  • HOWDY11
    HOWDY11 Posts: 23
    Options
    Feel free to friend me I love the support and love to be a cheerleader for my friends!!! We can do this together!!:flowerforyou:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    1. All women hate some guy named TOM!!!
    2. It is illegal to lose weight by having gastric bypass surgery.
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I learned that the calories I was consuming before I started logging everything was outrageous, and some things I thought were healthy choices were not!! big eye opener

Same!
  • JenniLisette
    Options
    Hi, name is Jenn..I've learned...

1. exercising isn't difficult.

2.cardio on the elliptical DOES flatten your tummy...(i have 4 kids..and for the first time i can look down and see my feet)

3. there are some amazing people with amazing stories that are proofe weight loss and great health is ACHIEVABLE!!

best of luck to everyone...stay on the positive route ^__^ :heart:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I have learned that making pervy comments in the forums earns you this BEST FRIENDS EVER! and gets your threads deleted, oops.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I've learned that you can ( and should ) eat back calories after a workout and still be below your BMR
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options

2) How satisfying it is to have a pre-weigh-in dump.

Thanks for the laugh! Loved this!
  • kdrew1
    kdrew1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1- I have learned that I can be happy and still be on diet. I always had such a bad outlook before using MFP. I know I need a little treat at the end of my day in order to be satisfied and as long as I work it into my calories, I am fine.

2- I have learned that I can cook amazing meals for dinner that coincide with my diet so that I don't hijack my day after doing so well. There is no reason to cook anything full fat. You can always lighten it up by simple switchouts.

3- I have learned to be mindful of EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. Little bites here and there add up big time. It's not worth it at the end of the day.

4- I have learned that I need to take it slow and steady. The weight did not go on overnight and it will not come off overnight. I just cannot give up.
  • luckistarr4
    Options
    I've learned that:
    1) Once I stop using MFP, I gain all the weight back
    2) Sodium is in EVERYTHING!!
  • tcmay72
    tcmay72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have learned eating " fun size" candy bars are not fun on the scale:0(
  • sgutteridge
    Options
    portion control......meals I was cooking for 2 actually feed 4

Oh and buying lean version of meats is a little more money but you get more meat and it goes further.