WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2012

Options

Replies

• vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Howdy all, and happy March! Warm but rainy here but we appear to be safe from this afternoon/evening's tornado outbreak.

Congrats to those who met some or all of their February goals. For those that struggled, March is another month. For the new folks: Welcome!

My goals for February were:
    - Minimum of 250 minutes of purposeful aerobic exercise each week.
    - Continue every day to follow my number one rule for success: Plan what you eat, eat what you plan.
    - Remain at or below my target weight at each weekly weigh-in.

Check on the last three, and on the first one all but the last week when I was sick. So I'm gonna call it good.

March goals:
    - Celebrate turning 50!
    - Stop losing weight.
    - Gonna try a walking goal this month. Not sure what to go with, but let's say 50 miles.
    - Plan what you eat, eat what you plan.

Just did our taxes and we owe this year. So many different things going on with my job change and hubby's unemployment and some other odds and ends I'm just glad it didn't work out worse. Unfortunately, we also got hubby's last unemployment check this week as well. Sigh. We're OK, but it is a bit discouraging.

We're all in this together! I so appreciate the encouragement from this group.

Have a lovely weekend.

Virginia
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    HAPPY, HAPPY....JOY, JOY:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Grand daughter #2 born this afternoon and is healthy and beautiful:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I will go next Friday, overlap with DIL's Mom and stay on into the next week. Cannot wait to get my hands on her. Her name is Rita Katherine, after my MIL and me. They will call her Rita Kate. Hard to believe how fast your family can change!

DH and I are on Cloud NINE!!!!!!!!!! :heart: Kackie

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!what a lovely name......looking forward to the pics
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    HAPPY, HAPPY....JOY, JOY:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Grand daughter #2 born this afternoon and is healthy and beautiful:love::love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I will go next Friday, overlap with DIL's Mom and stay on into the next week. Cannot wait to get my hands on her. Her name is Rita Katherine, after my MIL and me. They will call her Rita Kate. Hard to believe how fast your family can change!

DH and I are on Cloud NINE!!!!!!!!!! :heart: Kackie

Congratulations!! Enjoy your visit.
  • EllieYoung1
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Well...I faithfully exercised for three months, watched all my calories. Recorded accurately and did not lose one pound. I tried increasing the calorie count to include the calories I was burning while exercising. I cut the calories. I ate mostly protein, then I tried increased carbs. NOTHING worked. I am 56 years old and this is the first time in my life I have had difficulty losing weight. Any suggestions?:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • petersoncl
    Options
    I would leave the door open to him. I would tell him that no matter what you will always love him but can not support his decision at this time. Hitting another person is never excepted and if you help with the application that would be condoning her actions. He is better than a woman who would hit him even once and deserves better. If she wants something from you, she should ask and you would explain your reasons to her. Then give him a big hug and tell you love him. He has a mother who carried him for nine months, gave birth and watched him grow from a child to a young man. There is no greater love.

She is hiding because she knows she is wrong and it will make a bigger wedge in the family. Keep your chin up and smile at him every time you see him and don't stop smiling.
  • annvey
    annvey Posts: 30
    Options
    Goal for March: 5 lbs.

3/1 179
    3/8
    3/15
    3/22
    3/29
  • mimi7grands
    mimi7grands Posts: 616
    Options
    I had a terrible, miserable, ugly old eating day yesterday :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: . This after starting out on the right foot and writing a post full of good cheer. My bad food choices probably had something to do with reading most of the day. That’s an old habit and one that (obviously) makes it too easy to overeat.

Today was better. Got out for a 5-1/2 mile walk!!! I’m excited about being able to walk 5 miles. A month or two ago I would have said I couldn’t do it. Hah! I can. I can! Walking is way more conducive to eating healthily than reading (for me).

Cindy, my sympathy on losing your mama. Hugs. :heart:

Nancy, great strategy, keeping only as much wine on hand as you plan to drink. :drinker:

Barbara, sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. Wishing you many more!! :love:

Robin, gorgeous pics of your little ones!

Kackie, you have been skiing your patootie off. A day to rest sounds like the perfect thing.

Faye, I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends. They sound like “gold.” Those are the best friends. I know what you mean about how big the group is getting. I’m doing more skimming now but still find inspiration here.

Welcome Qadosh. This is a good place for encouragement. I’m sure losing weight will do only good things for you. Congratulations on taking action. It must be harder because you can’t do much exercise but you ARE doing it! :flowerforyou:

Mary, you’re a trooper. That birthday list is growing like Jack’s beanstalk. I know I won’t keep up with individual birthdays but I’m wishing everyone a happy day today, tomorrow and on your birthday! :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Oh, Kackie. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm leaving in the morning for the Bay Area. Tomorrow night we'll celebrate my dad's 90th birthday. All 51 of the immediate family members will be there. This is the first time everyone will have been together in a long time. We'll try to get a photo of the entire family. That will be fun :noway: trying to get everyone in place!

On Sunday, I'll be going to a baby shower for my niece. (We're expecting two more family members in April.) On Monday, I'll be getting together with a couple of my oldest friends. I'm planning to come home Thursday. So, whew!, lots of eating challenges. I don't expect to lose weight this next week but I am planning to get in some good walks.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :cry: Cindy, my tears flow with yours for the loss of your mama.

I am a worried sister today and have been the last couple of days. My older sister has been in hospital since Wednesday. Hopefully will know on Tuesday what is wrong. I struggle with her being so far away, across the ocean. Just hoping nothing serious.

Renny
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I am a worried sister today and have been the last couple of days. My older sister has been in hospital since Wednesday. Hopefully will know on Tuesday what is wrong. I struggle with her being so far away, across the ocean. Just hoping nothing serious.
    Renny
    Sorry to hear that Renny, hope she recovers quickly.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies (and a big hello to Rita Kate - welcome to the world, little one!)

I have decided to do a five day 'detox' just to see how it helps my tummy problems. Basically I'm going to do two days of fluids only and then reintroduce various foods over the following three days. I am going to try to keep to no more than two cups of coffee a day too - recently I have been having up to five, which is not good!

Yesterday I bought myself a new insulated lunch bag to bring to the gallery with me. It's a good size and has a shoulder strap which makes it easy to manage when I'm getting on and off the tube. In addition, it is a really attractive style which looks like a handbag and has a couple of pockets on the front to put my Oyster card and mobile phone in. All round a great success - plus it was half price in the sale. Woohoo! Small things please small minds I guess.

I posted that I had received my copy of the Happiness Project yesterday. Well last night I gave it to my DD#2 as she is at a crisis point in her life right now and I am hoping that it will help her. I shall order myself another copy.

Big hugs to everyone. I promise I have read your posts and smiled and wept along with you - I just cannot reply individually at this time. Please know that I am sending you good and happy thoughts.

Catch up with you all later.
    Love to all
    Amanda x
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    HELLO!Kackie`congrat`s on the grand baby.How exciting!
    Renny hope your sister recovers fast.
    Cindy-sympathy to you and yours
    Have a great day!
    Off to get blood test and therapy.
    HUGS to you all
    jane
  • kckramp
    kckramp Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. It is my official way in day down .8 pounds. :flowerforyou: We decided to make a quick day trip to Myrtle Beach to visit my husbands sister who is escaping Michigan winter. I am hoping to walk on the beach but the weather is suppose to be rainy. I did do some wii zumba in case I cannot get out and walk.
    Congratulations on the new granddaughter. How very exciting.
    KC
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Only as high as I reach can I grow,
    only as far as I seek can I go,
    only as deep as I look can I see,
    only as much as I dream can I be.
    -Karen Ravn

When you feel like giving up,
    remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

Happy Sat, have a great weekend everyone.
    :^) jb
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Finallygot my haircut last night after a 3 week wait, and I feel like a new woman! Unfortunately, I don't think that the loss was big enough to show up on the scale! :laugh: Maybe if I shaved my legs too?:laugh:
    I am headed to a day out with a friend. We are going to my favorite fabric store. It is in a tiny town (population probably less than 500) about 45 miles from here. It is owned by a woman who must be in her 80's. The storefront is an entire city block of what must have been abandoned shops like a ghost town. You wander through about 6 total rooms, all filled to the brim with quilting fabric. They will give you a little ticket good for $1 off at the tiny cafe across the street for the lunch buffet, which is just good old fashioned country home cooking. A paradise for a seamstress! Hope everyone has a great Saturday!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: Well...I faithfully exercised for three months, watched all my calories. Recorded accurately and did not lose one pound. I tried increasing the calorie count to include the calories I was burning while exercising. I cut the calories. I ate mostly protein, then I tried increased carbs. NOTHING worked. I am 56 years old and this is the first time in my life I have had difficulty losing weight. Any suggestions?:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

good morning ellie, i could have written this myself....just keep going and dont give up....you will see a change on the scale soon.,meanwhile you are getting healthy....good luck
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    congratulations Kackie. I can't wait to see pix. How big was she? How is the mama doing?
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    A quiet sat at my house. slept in a little and now reading posts and waiting to fix myself a good breakfast. Will get to the gym a little later and not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I cant wait until MOnday to record weight, was down another 2 pounds this morning. That is a first. LOL. ( the excitement of weighing in I mean) I was overwhelmed with amount of post I had to read this morning. For you ladies that dont know me I skim the post s and comment on what I can remember. I just dont have the memory to respond to each and every one. But know that I am here to support you in whatever way I can. Feel free to friend me or message me at any time. Have a good day ladies. Congrats on birth of new babies and so sorry for losses. Seems like a lot of illnesses . Good health to those. Keep up good work for those losing and exercising. see you all later.
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

good morning ellie, i could have written this myself....just keep going and dont give up....you will see a change on the scale soon.,meanwhile you are getting healthy....good luck

I was discouraged also, but I took my measurements and was surprised. The scale is not my friend. lol
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Just marking my spot. Funny, that so many of us use the word "marking" in our sentances when we just pop in to get the thread to show in my topics. Marking our place, marking our spot. Just seemed funny to me this time as so many of us are dog lovers or cat lovers and we all know they love to mark things too.

Going back to read the posts from the beginning......................

Jeannie
  • Mobycat
    Mobycat Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to this, but really wanting to be successful. My goal is to drop 50 lbs. That seems like such an insurmountable goal. I've been faithfully counting calories and have met or exceeded my exercise goals for the past 2+ weeks. So far, I'm down 7 lbs and my pants are more comfortable to wear, but there's so much more to go. It's a lot harder these days (just turned 52 on Monday). Looking for encouragement and to read stories from others--what helps and how to stay on track.