I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    Women walking around in the buff...especially in the sauna! HOW RUDE!

It's not rude to be naked in a sauna. As a matter of fact many gyms ban clothes in the sauna. It's perfectly normal to be clothed or unclothed (whatever your preference) in the sauna.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Teenagers hanging out socializing after school!!!! :angry:
  • freeasharold
    freeasharold Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I finally understand that commercial with the "I lift things up and put them down". I had honestly been so confused lol!
  • gobifree59
    gobifree59 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I also wish my gym had a ban on using cell phones in the exercise rooms! I don't particularly want to hear your conversations. Take it outside!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Guys hitting on you while you're trying to lift weights. Like dude it's 5 am and I'm not here to mingle. Pleaseeeeee go away. And the creepy ones keep doing it time after time. Eff off :mad:

or.... just.... staring.... like they've never seen a girl wiff muskles
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    People next to me on the treadmill or the elliptical that feel the need to look at my machine. Keep track of your own workouts, and not mine. K thnx

Sorry, I just had to see if I was being lame and I have to step it up...LOL! Guilty

Yup. If you get on the machine next to me, we are now competing. :laugh:
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i need a girl with musklez to train me .... im uber weak
  • LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not a particular set of people or actions... but I'm really irked by the showers that at first appear pretty nice and suddenly become disgusting when you realize there's a clump of hair that's been sitting atop the drain for... like... weeks. Makes me question the cleanliness of the whole place and I feel like retching (other people's hair does that to me; don't know why). For goodness' sake, gyms, clean your showers.

Agreed! Even at home (currently back with the parents and older brother, who has long hair) I can't bring myself to touch drain hair!

EDIT: Also, I feel like I should apologise in case I do something that others want to "ban"! -- I'm a starer. Not intentionally but I just tend to phase out and it seems that I'm staring at you or your machine, I'm really not, I'm just in a bit of a daze and actually staring right through you! I am trying to work on it but for now, I'm sorry!!
  • emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

You should try Planet Fitness gym, they literally do have a ban on people who slam weights! They even have an alarm called the "Lunk alarm" that you can set off whenever you see someone doing it. :laugh:

That's hilarious. :') Might request a "Lunk alarm" button for mine, as doing that seems to be the "new thing." :explode:
  • mhoadley
    mhoadley Posts: 27
    Options
    perfumes and all body sprays!!! some people have allergies and it makes it hard to breathe
  • meredithgh
    meredithgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    people who don't re-rack their weights!

I have to agree! Sometimes racking their weights is more workout than I originally intended! ;)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    nothing really bothers me except for perfume. and its the older people perfume that im talking about. older people seem to wear a more pungent/sharp type of perfume. does the sense of smell degrade over time? is that why?
  • meredithgh
    meredithgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    People next to me on the treadmill or the elliptical that feel the need to look at my machine. Keep track of your own workouts, and not mine. K thnx

Sorry, I just had to see if I was being lame and I have to step it up...LOL! Guilty

Yup. If you get on the machine next to me, we are now competing. :laugh:

I'll admit....I peak, too....just trying to see if you're really going that much faster than I am or it just feels that way! ;)
  • animatedandi
    Options
    guys wearing short shorts with no under garments.... I've seen more than my fair share of danglies

and people wearing white without undergarments... do people not realize that when they sweat you can see right through their clothes?
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Fill in the blank!

(For me it's dudes who slam the weights down in the weight room)

You should try Planet Fitness gym, they literally do have a ban on people who slam weights! They even have an alarm called the "Lunk alarm" that you can set off whenever you see someone doing it. :laugh:

That's hilarious. :') Might request a "Lunk alarm" button for mine, as doing that seems to be the "new thing." :explode:

Would love to find one of those gyms in our area, alas there aren't any but I love the concept.
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Chatty teeny-boppers in a group that stand behind me in a group exercise class, don't work out, yell "I can't do this!!!" and talk non-stop, so all I can hear is them and not the instructor. :explode:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Thread Clifnotes:

- Anyone thinner than me
    - Anyone fatter than me
    - Anyone working out harder than me
    - Anyone not working out harder than me.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    People having loud phone conversations while you are trying to get your work out, so loud you have to turn up the sound on your i pod to hear your own music.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Thread Clifnotes:

- Anyone thinner than me
    - Anyone fatter than me
    - Anyone working out harder than me
    - Anyone not working out harder than me.

You forgot about the stinky and naked people...