I wish my gym had a ban on ___________

Options

Replies

• leighcohan
    leighcohan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    people talking on their cell phones...i work out before work and there is always this certain girl who talks on the phone...who you talking to at 530 in the damn morning!!!
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    People wearing perfume in the cardio room.

This..... men and women. It makes me ill. WHY would you put perfume on to come to the gym???
    OH and cell phones the obvious choice.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    People wearing way too much smelly perfume, hairspray, or just anything that clogs up a room with a lot of unnecessary scent. But that also goes for public places in general, so..
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    everyone else but me

Agree 100%
  • lupizzle00
    lupizzle00 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Women walking naked all over the locker room just for fun.

Eww I saw an older woman do that, I mean, does it hurt to put on a towel? Looked like someone plucked a chicken.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Eww I saw an older woman do that, I mean, does it hurt to put on a towel? Looked like someone plucked a chicken.

One day, you too will be old - and one day, some snotty kid will say the same about you.
  • Lorrie_73
    Lorrie_73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. People distracting my trainer during MY PAID HOUR
    2. Certain demographics of people that walk the track with their cane, walker, and oxygen tanks.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Gym perverts. I had one guy a couple of weeks ago who, after he'd finished his workout on the treadmill, just stood on his immobile treadmill staring at me. He did this for a good ten minutes until he realised I was steadfastly ignoring him and walked away. So creepy and off-putting.

I don't mind people hopping on the machine next to me, but I do mind it when they start peering at my treadmill or elliptical to see how fast I'm going or what resistance or incline I'm on. They can go too.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    We have a guy that comes in with his wheel chair. This might sound harsh at first but this dude uses a wheel chair as a quazi-gym bag. He walks perfectly and does all kind of exercises as somebody without a handicap does, never uses it for aid. All he does with the wheel chair is uses it to carry his own medicine ball, a bunch of rubber bands, and a gym mat. I guess that's one way of getting around the "No Gym Bags in the Exercise Area" rule. LOL
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

One day, you too will be old - and one day, some snotty kid will say the same about you.

Seriously, FFS, I need to get out of this thread. I get some of the basic ettiquette items like re-racking weights and equipment sharing . . . I even get not wanting to see each others goodies whether it be in the locker room or not, but there are definitely some unnecessary comments in here. I just don't understand the mentality of some people.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on annoying judgmental people.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Cell phones...get off the phone or get off the machine!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    People wearing perfume in the cardio room.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who felt this way.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Planet fitness does this, by judging any weightlifters, power lifters, and body builders. They even have a judgmental alarm called a lunk alarm (i think lunk means lets loudly judge others) that will go off if you don't fit in.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    when big people use the treadmill and power walk with no incline, it is like honestly, put the incline up a little bit and you will burn so many more calories.

ya know... that's kind of a bullsh*t thing to put a ban on. For some people it's hard enough just to get on the darn treadmill.

I find this comment hurtful and not all cool

i agree. ^^

My husband and I both did it with no incline for the most part at the beginning of our workouts because we were just trying not to die on the machines, but getting on was the first step in starting to lose weight. Why should it be "banned?"

i think if someone big, gets on and wants to start out on the tread with no incline, power to them! Everyone has to start out somewhere.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    People next to me on the treadmill or the elliptical that feel the need to look at my machine. Keep track of your own workouts, and not mine. K thnx

Sorry, I just had to see if I was being lame and I have to step it up...LOL! Guilty

Yup. If you get on the machine next to me, we are now competing. :laugh:
    :laugh: yes! It's true! It's us type As out there I guess, lol :laugh:
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had a ban on people, so i can have the whole place to myself
  • Catjag
    Catjag Posts: 107
    Options
    Using cell phones during group exercise classes. I see more times than not. Frustrating as all get out!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Planet fitness does this, by judging any weightlifters, power lifters, and body builders. They even have a judgmental alarm called a lunk alarm (i think lunk means lets loudly judge others) that will go off if you don't fit in.

I just don't see it as judgmental in any way shape or form. A gym for the most part is a privately owned establishment which can set it's own rules and standards for conduct.

I freely admit I am not a power-lifter or bodybuilder. I'm a guy who wants to go to a gym, stays focused on what I'm doing without having anyone else invade my space and yes that includes my auditory/visual space. I don't want to see guys with half their shirts off admiring themselves in the mirror, others grunting up a storm or yelling. I would welcome a gym like this that makes it's rules very clear from the start and then it's my decision if I want to join or not. It's not like their are saying your a bodybuilder your barred from joining, but they do say if you are one (or anyone for that matter) and you chose to come here then you need to follow our rules, which I'm sure applies to anyone attending the gym, not just the bodybuilders.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

I just don't see it as judgmental in any way shape or form. A gym for the most part is a privately owned establishment which can set it's own rules and standards for conduct.

I freely admit I am not a power-lifter or bodybuilder. I'm a guy who wants to go to a gym, stays focused on what I'm doing without having anyone else invade my space and yes that includes my auditory/visual space. I don't want to see guys with half their shirts off admiring themselves in the mirror, others grunting up a storm or yelling. I would welcome a gym like this that makes it's rules very clear from the start and then it's my decision if I want to join or not. It's not like their are saying your a bodybuilder your barred from joining, but they do say if you are one (or anyone for that matter) and you chose to come here then you need to follow our rules, which I'm sure applies to anyone attending the gym, not just the bodybuilders.
    I wish my gym had a ban on NBEric