BLACK TEEM WEEK 10!!

Options
I have nothing! So if someone else wants to suggest something go for it! Sorry so grumpy lately!

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Aliah! Congrats on your baby, and on selecting THE finest team-- you won't regret it.

This group is incredible about keeping each other motivated. We've inspired each other to begin running and completing 5ks, buy bicycles and ride our wittle hearts out, drink the water (or not, in my case-- SpongeMarla-- don't ask, long story) and stay accountable to each other.

Bottom line, if you're willing to shed all excuses, we're ready to help you shed the weight.

We're no-nonsense, no excuse, no whining-- but lots of love and giggles.

Ladies and gentlemen-- we had a delightful surprise this day-- our neighbor went "crabbing" catching 84 "blue crabs" and delivered at least a third of 'em to us. Oh em gee-- what a treat. Even 3yo Josh was sittin' at the table suckin' out teeny-weeny crab legs.

Ohhh-- also, Aliah-- if you can't find us after this post, look for Black Team Week 10-- I'm going to post here and there-- if I remember, I'll come back and post a link--

Heading to type, my friends-- stay strong, our goals are attainable--

You're all the best!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Sam how about a commitment to move your body for at least 30 minutes every day?

30 minutes above what you do in your everyday life. Walk, run, jog, wog, hike, bike, dance, play. Get out, get active and have fun! Try new exercise, try a new sport, find a new route to run. Something, anything and change up that routine!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Lynnie that sounds like an awesome idea girl! See you are so full of smarts!!!!! I think I may try that one myself!!! LOL!!

I hope you all have had a great week so far. I am starting my work week tomorrow so I will be MIA a lot thru the day and the rest of the week. Have a great one!!! Good night all!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    YOU ALL HEARD WHAT LYNNIE SAID NOW GET TO IT!!!:wink::bigsmile:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Lynnie that sounds like an awesome idea girl! See you are so full of smarts!!!!! I think I may try that one myself!!! LOL!!

I hope you all have had a great week so far. I am starting my work week tomorrow so I will be MIA a lot thru the day and the rest of the week. Have a great one!!! Good night all!

I'm certainly full of something.....
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning!

i finally got my dress yesterday, and it actually fit! actually the chest area was a little bit big. maybe it'll fit better with a different bra. but hey, at least i could zip it up and move around! i'll have to take some pics of it today to post. have a good day black team! :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Grumbling about getting back into it today... vacation was too long! I need to sit here for a while yet, but I'm going, I'm going!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    All this dress talk makes me want to go shopping instead of the gym! I :heart: shopping. Congrats on fitting into all these teensy tinsy sizes ladies! I want pictures.

I have spent countless hours looking for cute summer sundress type things. Most of them don't allow you to wear a bra and that is a necessity for me, so those are all out. I can wear Junior sizes now, but they are cut so small through the chest, once again, the bewbs don't fit in the allotted boob space on most of them.

Yep, still stalling with getting out the door......
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

tag for later :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    All this dress talk makes me want to go shopping instead of the gym! I :heart: shopping. Congrats on fitting into all these teensy tinsy sizes ladies! I want pictures.

I have spent countless hours looking for cute summer sundress type things. Most of them don't allow you to wear a bra and that is a necessity for me, so those are all out. I can wear Junior sizes now, but they are cut so small through the chest, once again, the bewbs don't fit in the allotted boob space on most of them.

Yep, still stalling with getting out the door......

I hear ya on trying to find dresses that fit the bewbs! that is the reason I don't have a dress yet!!
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Morning black team,

Went for my daily walk/run this morning and I actually did more running then walking ( I left the kids at home this morning) so I could be a little faster.

5 miles done 530 calories burned took just a little over an hour.

Also I am training for my first half marathon in Oct. Oct 3rd to be exact, its 13.2 miles, I am alittle scared but also excited my husband said you are a great person when you set out to do something you do it. I said yep no sense in paying for it and not doing it.

Well off to go shopping out of veggies and fruit, then I am gonna pick up a shift tonight at the ole cracker barrel, I need some school clothes money as this year I have 2 going to school not just one.

YA'll have a fabulous day......
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Good one Lynnie!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Sam how about a commitment to move your body for at least 30 minutes every day?

30 minutes above what you do in your everyday life. Walk, run, jog, wog, hike, bike, dance, play. Get out, get active and have fun! Try new exercise, try a new sport, find a new route to run. Something, anything and change up that routine!

Awesome idea Lynnie.. I"m in..

bobbi - so glad Jim is recovering safely - good thoughts for a quick heal

beth - can't wait to see pics

marla - size 8 - holy shrinkage, batgirl...

tamara - half marathon - dayymmnnn girl, very impressive - you go, I know you can do it..

sam - we love you, grouchy, sad, mad, channeling Jillian, whatever - hope things get happier for you soon.

lori - junior sizes, except for bewbs - sounds like a dream to me.. what a great job you have done.

lori - love the AV of your family - cute family..

shout outs to all the rest, busy day here in crazy land..

Janie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Aliah! Congrats on your baby, and on selecting THE finest team-- you won't regret it.

This group is incredible about keeping each other motivated. We've inspired each other to begin running and completing 5ks, buy bicycles and ride our wittle hearts out, drink the water (or not, in my case-- SpongeMarla-- don't ask, long story) and stay accountable to each other.

Bottom line, if you're willing to shed all excuses, we're ready to help you shed the weight.

We're no-nonsense, no excuse, no whining-- but lots of love and giggles.

Ladies and gentlemen-- we had a delightful surprise this day-- our neighbor went "crabbing" catching 84 "blue crabs" and delivered at least a third of 'em to us. Oh em gee-- what a treat. Even 3yo Josh was sittin' at the table suckin' out teeny-weeny crab legs.

Ohhh-- also, Aliah-- if you can't find us after this post, look for Black Team Week 10-- I'm going to post here and there-- if I remember, I'll come back and post a link--

Heading to type, my friends-- stay strong, our goals are attainable--

You're all the best!

Crabs...yummy! There is nothing better on a summer day in Maryland than some fresh steamed crabs (with lots of Old Bay, hold the melted butter) and cold beer. I have a group of friends from my old job that I normally get together with at least once a summer for crab night, but we haven't been able to get it together. I'm gonna have to go get myself a dozen before the season ends. :love:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Morning black team,

Went for my daily walk/run this morning and I actually did more running then walking ( I left the kids at home this morning) so I could be a little faster.

5 miles done 530 calories burned took just a little over an hour.

Also I am training for my first half marathon in Oct. Oct 3rd to be exact, its 13.2 miles, I am alittle scared but also excited my husband said you are a great person when you set out to do something you do it. I said yep no sense in paying for it and not doing it.

Well off to go shopping out of veggies and fruit, then I am gonna pick up a shift tonight at the ole cracker barrel, I need some school clothes money as this year I have 2 going to school not just one.

YA'll have a fabulous day......

Yay Tamara...so awesome about the half marathon. I'm doing my first one Oct. 10. Good luck!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Figures that the day AFTER the weigh in I show a loss... :grumble:

I changed my ticker anyway. :bigsmile:
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Thanks again for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome :)

As for my mini goals, I am doing excellent. I just have to work on drinking more water. Yesterday, I only drank half a bottle of Poland Spring and 1 cup of juice. My fluid intake is horrible. Since I watch so much television. I'm going to give myself a little challenge. One swig of water for everytime a commercial comes on. This should help. :)

I completed the 30 minute challenge. I took Ashanti for a brisk 1 hour walk. I also went to the farmer's market and got tons of fruit and vegetables. Anybody know any zucchini recipes?

Take care everyone :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. Thanks again for the warm welcome! I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome :)

As for my mini goals, I am doing excellent. I just have to work on drinking more water. Yesterday, I only drank half a bottle of Poland Spring and 1 cup of juice. My fluid intake is horrible. Since I watch so much television. I'm going to give myself a little challenge. One swig of water for everytime a commercial comes on. This should help. :)

I completed the 30 minute challenge. I took Ashanti for a brisk 1 hour walk. I also went to the farmer's market and got tons of fruit and vegetables. Anybody know any zucchini recipes?

I just cut the zucchini up with onions, put a smidge of olive oil in the skillet and fry it-- some garlic, salt/pepper-- yummy.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

I had them the other night...just brushed a bit of olive oil and pepper on them and let them go in the grill pan. Also, if you like to bake, zucchini bread is amazing and I tried a recipe for zucchini nut muffins (from the Hungry Girl website) that was yummy, yummy, yummy.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aliah!!

I may be the odd one in the group, but I like fresh zuchinni sliced and steamed with just a hint of salt.

The slices are also good raw in salads - kind of like cukes with a softer texture..

Yum,,, love me some farmer's markets...