how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• cindycoley19
    cindycoley19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was married 23 years, we were together 28....long hard years of giving and not much receiving....Divorce should be final in May! & Loving being independent and free to be me!!
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that your marriage is ending. I hope that you find happiness - in yourself or with a partner.
    My hubby and I have been together 17 years and married a little over 14 years. He and I are different in many ways but I would not change it. There are days when the thought of him makes me melt and there are days when I could scoop his eyes out with a spork. ;). Either way, I love my man and glad that we found one another.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    23 short years of marriage getting married 2 years to the day after meeting my wife .
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Been with the ball and chain for 12 years; 3 months and 7 days. Married 9 years 3 months and 28 days. There are the ups and downs.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Together six and a half. Married four and a half. We're in counseling right now trying to make it to five. It's not easy,that's for sure.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Until I sign the divorce papers on the 19th.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Together 13 years, married 12. We've been through our rough patches - the first couple of years we fought like it was WW3. But we worked through it and are truly happy now, hopefully forever.
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 7 years and together for 10!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    In a few weeks it will be 22 years of marriage. We dated for a couple of years before getting married.
  • rpphillip
    rpphillip Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    lived together 1.5 years, and then married 30 years. :flowerforyou: it has had it ups and downs, Thank God that the happy times out # the bad. :happy:
    There are time when I would like to kill him :angry: LOL and then there are the times when I think I can't believe I am so lucky to have him,:heart:
    I think maybe he feels the same way about me. :bigsmile:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Dated 4 years, married now for just over 18. Took a 10 month break somewhere on the middle, have some hot button issues here and there, but mostly I like having him around.
    Besides, I hate taking out trash and mowing the lawn.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Together for 9, just hit 7 years married this past Monday.
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Married 2 years now and committed for 23 yrs I still love him and get the good buterflies everyday i see him. We are soul Mates :)
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Together 13 married 11 this June. Bad times and good but that's part of marriage.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have been with my fiance for 10 years - have lived together for pretty much the entire 10 as well...lol
    ...and we are getting married in July.

Sorry to hear about your relationship though. That being said, you really have to do what is best and healthy for both you.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    18 years on April 5th.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    16 happy years, there have been ups and downs, highs and lows, but I can't imagine life with anyone else. We've both been on the downside of the lows but we always pull through. He's kind, not perfect, and works so very hard for our family. I thank God everyday for the imperfect man, that is so perfectly fit for me.

Hey, that's me, too! Of course, I'm not perfect, either. We'll be married 17 years in May. We dated for 3 years before marriage. We both had a previous marriage that we learned a lot from, and it seems the Good Lord has forgiven and blessed us! I still have guilt feelings over not making the first marriage work. I tried for 20 years, but never got it right.

I think our marriage is successful because we're both dedicated Christians and trust God. The closer we get to God, the closer we get to each other. I hope you can work through your problems. Ending a marriage is a sad thing.
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Married 26 yrs this July! Have had our ups and downs. We have a two children, and three grandchildren soon to be four in Oct. :smile:
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Coming up on 17 years of marriage. Met in high school (he was the foreign exchange student who lived with my cousins, and no I'm not kidding), got married when I was 18. Gone through a lot together, mostly happy times. He's a great guy. I enjoy being with him. (Better add, we knew each other 3 years before getting married.)
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've been with mine nearly 10 yrs. Married for 6 yrs.
    We've had some serious bumps in the road, but I don't him as long as there was no violence occurring then divorce was NOT and option for me. So we would either have to figure out how to fix what went wrong or death had to part us...Literally. It took a LOT of roller coasters emotions but we're back at the rainbows and unicorn stage. Good luck to you hun, either way I'm sure things will work out for you in the end.