how long have you been married (or ...)

Options

Replies

• ka_bateman
    ka_bateman Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It will be 40 years this Fri. I give all the praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus. Without Him in my life we never would have made it!

Wow! Happy Anniversary!

Awesome! My parents just celebrated 40 a month ago! congrats and PTL!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    We've been together for 9ish years but we've only been married for 3 of those years.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    December was 10 years married. Love it more every year! If you are with the right person and you both have the right attitude, it's the best time of your life!
  • lizabelle83
    Options
    my ex husband & i were together 11 yrs in total only married for 1.5yrs of that.
    my bf & i have been together 2.5 yrs
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    35 years in May! :love:
  • VictoriaFitness2010
    VictoriaFitness2010 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow, sad to hear that. As my mom says, "Sh%* happens".

My husband and I have been together for 5 years this December and married for 4 years this September.
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This May will be my 20th anniversary. My husband and I were married at 17 and had our first child. There have been many times we almost didn't make it but now we are in "cruise control" mode. :-)
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I have been married to my husband for 17 years it isn't always easy sometimes we hate each other and sometimes one of us loves the other more. The military life definitely isn't easy so i guess it's a good thing we are both pretty darn stubborn or we would have been divorced 6 months in.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    11.5 years of marriage... two kids, three pets, four houses, one business, one military enlistment and one cross-country move later.... and still choosing to see the rainbows hiding under the dirty socks.

:flowerforyou:
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    22 years married- (24 years together including dating), and we will finally be alone this Fall when our last child goes to college ! Yippee !!!!
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    I've been with my husband since I was 17 now I'm 27 we've been married for 3 years of those.. and we have 3 boys. There's moments I'd like to strangle him and I'm sure he's felt the same way. I can't see myself with anyone else. I love the booger..
  • catsmandan
    Options
    19 wonderful years we are not perfect but perfect together
  • smkafka
    smkafka Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been married for almost 12 years but we have been together for 16. Relationships are hard and always need continued work to make it a happy life together.
  • lavlei
    lavlei Posts: 26
    Options
    it will be 2 years this june

its harder than i expected it to be but i wouldnt change a thing.
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    11 years. It hasn't always been all highs, had our share of some lows. BUT we have 3 beautiful kiddos and are in a good place now and feel very blessed!!
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    I have been with my husband 8 yrs before we got married, We have been married for 7 yrs. Love him more and more everyday.:heart:
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Sorry for what you are going through. I have felt that way many times, but somehow we work "it" out. I have been married for 16 years and together for 19 years. Life's too short to be miserable - hope you find your happiness!!
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I will have been together 6 years in May. We've only been engaged since October. =)
  • bas1955
    bas1955 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We will have been married for 38 years as of 3/24. We met at 13 & 14, married at 17&18, and I am still constantly amazed at my wife's incredible wisdom, grace, intelligence and beauty. It's only been in the last 2 years since the youngest of our 6 kids headed off for college, that we have EVER lived as just a couple. In a way, that has opened up a whole new life for us. Still trying new things! I think the biggest opportunity for growth in people occurs in the 2nd half of life when we no longer are defined by others, and get the courage to be ourselves.
  • hrtoftx
    hrtoftx Posts: 32
    Options
    Hubby and I have been together 32 and married 30 amazing.....crazy.....up and down.....fights....and making up.....years!!! LOL! We were high school sweethearts and really still are. It just gets better and better for us.