daily weigh-in club

Options

Replies

• godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    HEY...I had lost you for a few days. Don't know what happened. I even posted a status hoping that someone would guide me to the club. Oh, well...I have looked over the posts and I now know who is here and is also a friend.

sorry about that - i must have missed the status. i am glad you found us again!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: godblessourhome....I know now to just look for your activity if I lose the thread again. I am wondering if it would be better to make an actual group for this. A group would not get lost.

Last nights weight....150.8 (Up .8)
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: 193.00
    Today: 193.00 (=)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every day, but its because i use the wii balance board..i started it in mid january last year, and regardless of the number, i log it into a notebook, a journal if you will, as well..i used to get sad and depressed when i was bigger and the numbers went up, but as i lose more weight, gains are more manageable to see..i do my official mfp weigh ins on sundays, and like alot of people, i just like seeing if what i eat effects my # the next day..sometimes i eat double my cals and or sodium, my 2 main nutrients i watch, and the next day i will have gone down 1/2 a pound or so..most days im under, and i will have a gain..it is aggrivating, but our bodies are odd things, and thats just the way it goes..it took me too long to figure that out tho
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    i weigh in every day, but its because i use the wii balance board..i started it in mid january last year, and regardless of the number, i log it into a notebook, a journal if you will, as well..i used to get sad and depressed when i was bigger and the numbers went up, but as i lose more weight, gains are more manageable to see..i do my official mfp weigh ins on sundays, and like alot of people, i just like seeing if what i eat effects my # the next day..sometimes i eat double my cals and or sodium, my 2 main nutrients i watch, and the next day i will have gone down 1/2 a pound or so..most days im under, and i will have a gain..it is aggrivating, but our bodies are odd things, and thats just the way it goes..it took me too long to figure that out tho

That is the way of it...sort of frustrating. But, if you are seeing a drop in pounds (even though you will gain at times), then you are on the right track. It is the over all weight loss picture that matters.
  • dreamyy6
    dreamyy6 Posts: 23
    Options
    I can honestly say that i use to weight myself everyday. but i stopped. cause everyday weight changes. I couldve ate something yesterday or drank something with sodium like a diet coke. or maybe im just a little bloated today. if i get on the scale today i may see a whole pound on the scale. and it may just be water retention. that can be depressing. so i started weighting myself now every 3 days just to see my progress. and i weight myself only when i dont feel like i retataned water the night before.
  • daisydieter
    daisydieter Posts: 118
    Options
    Yesterday: 184lbs
    Today: 185lbs

This past Saturday, I stopped a 6 day period that included some binging, including alcohol. I avoided the scale those 6 days but since started weighing again on Saturday (first day "back" to eating well and working out again), I've been going up/down a pound or two last 4 days. I think my body is getting used not being abused again.
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    3/6 Tuesday- 187.4lbs
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday: 130.2
    today: 129.0 (-.1.2)

let's see if i can keep it. :)
  • daisydieter
    daisydieter Posts: 118
    Options
    Yesterday 185
    Today 186

So I'm up 2 pounds in 2 days... as I know I've not consumed an additional 7000 calories on top of eating maintenance calories, it has to be related to water retention. I know very soon I'll see a big drop. But really hate seeing that number go up! However, I can't do the weekly weigh in and stay on track daily.
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily so that if the amount starts to creep up, I can make adjustments and cut down even more. I am really struggling to keep below 140 pounds (currently 139). I only need to cheat for one day and gain 2 pounds it seems like instantly!
    I am currently working out everyday, sticking to about 1500-1600 calories and still the scales will not budge. I think alot of people weigh everyday to see where they are at.
  • mommy2ajs
    Options

Okay starting to get fustrated again since I can not seem to go below 193. I am hoping that once my TOM is done that it will drop and I am just have water weight.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday: 129.0
    today: 129.4 (+.4)

it's up, but today is my official log in day, so i get to record a lost (from 132 on 2/22). whoo!
  • Austynl
    Austynl Posts: 19
    Options
    Yesterday-219
    Today-217.6
    I am so excited to finally get below 218 again. 7.6 lbs till my first goal. This has sparked a fire under my a**.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Last night......149.8 (down 1 pound)
  • PJChick730
    Options
    Im down 2 pounds from yesterday. Could it be because I cut 8 inches off of my hair yesterday? Either way, I'll take it!
  • mommy2ajs
    Options
  • belgianal
    belgianal Posts: 29
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after getting out of bed. I weigh myself before I workout and again after I workout. The official weight I go by is what I weigh in the morning. I weigh myself this much because it inspires to workout harder and keep the weigh coming off every day. Some days I weigh more and some days I weigh less. This is what keeps me going!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    I am so excited to finally get below 218 again. 7.6 lbs till my first goal. This has sparked a fire under my a**.

congrats!
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    Im down 2 pounds from yesterday. Could it be because I cut 8 inches off of my hair yesterday? Either way, I'll take it!

nice job!