Boob job!

Options

Replies

• Maridelsol82
    Options
    After I get to my goal weight and finish breast feeding my kids im really thinking about getting a breast reduction. When I started my weight loss in Sept I was a size 40D. I've now lost 28 pounds and went down to a size 38D. So the actual boobs havent deflated! :(
    So if after reaching my goal I still feel their embarrasingly big im deffinitly going to look into it. Thankfully I already know my health insurance Kaiser cover its :)

7628060.png
  • kschmi24
    kschmi24 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.

And you are being one of the negative influences who is constantly critical of what other women are doing.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I would if the thought of someone slicing my boobs open and putting some jiggly things in there didn't gross me out. Lol.
  • gmeekatty
    gmeekatty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just know that it is not as simple as people are led to believe. You have to have the implants replaced every 10 years. You can get heavy scar tissue in there and lumpy breasts. Also, you will probably need a breast lift to get optimal results (or the implant will be like a baseball in a tube sock...LOL)...and the lift causes more scarring on the breast than just implants. Otherwise, it can do a lot for your self image and if you want it, just go with all information. Tummy tuck...most people I know who had one are thrilled with them. Healing is hard, this is a very big operation and you have recovery time involved. Scar is not pretty, but it is low down. Can be improved by cortisone shots and lasers after it heals if it looks bad. Everyone I know who had it says they would definitely do it again.
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think women should start being more supportive of each other, even if you don't always agree with anothers choice. This is about a personal issue....Breasts are personal and a very important vital role in being a woman and feeling womanly. It has to do with the visual, but more importantly the spiritual feeling of being a woman. At least for me. Maybe it isn't for everyone and some might be comfortable living with the un comfort of what I live everyday. I won't be forcing my issues on them. I commend any woman who does her research and has the guts to go through with it because it is not an easy step to take.

Amen on this!! It is very personal and to have other women pass judgement is very hurtful. I think it is immoral to pass judgements on others. How does having big implants make a person immoral? I have what is considered "big" implants, and I don't have two beach balls on my chest. I have these because I just did not have any breast tissue naturally. Breasts are a large part of how we feel as a woman, whether are preference goes toward large or small. It should not be anyone's prerogative to judge another woman based on their breast size, their choice to reduce or augment, or their happiness with what size they are.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this post. I lost weight years ago (78 lbs) and was about 22 short of reaching my goal and my reward was going to be implants. Long story shorty, gained almost all of it back, never got the implants. Now, I'm determined. I've been a small B (very small B) all my life. I'm 54 - I am hoping by age 55 (for my birthday), I can get them. Is that too old? I want them for ME - no one else. Hubby could care less. Are implants for younger women, or would anyone older get them? It's the one thing I've always wanted.
    I say if they make you feel better about yourself, do it.
  • ck1416
    ck1416 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have not had a boob job, but I can totally relate to having it done after reaching your goal! I think I will also now make this my reward if I ever reach my goal.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    9 out of 10 males support breast enhancement. the other 10% are compulsive liars.

or gay

LOL Gays LOVE girls with big boobs! Trust me on this one. I got PLENTY of stories.
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would say go for it if thats what you want. My goal is to lose the weight then i will have recon on my left breast (lost it had it removed cus of breast cancer) and having a tummy tuck at the same time
    good luck xxxx
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Can't afford anything like this, but I've certainly thought about a SMALL increase in size - I don't want anything huge, or crazy unnatural, but at a pretty mediocre B, something that did a better job of balancing out my hips/butt would be pretty awesome :)
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    Just know that it is not as simple as people are led to believe. You have to have the implants replaced every 10 years. You can get heavy scar tissue in there and lumpy breasts. Also, you will probably need a breast lift to get optimal results (or the implant will be like a baseball in a tube sock...LOL)...and the lift causes more scarring on the breast than just implants. Otherwise, it can do a lot for your self image and if you want it, just go with all information. Tummy tuck...most people I know who had one are thrilled with them. Healing is hard, this is a very big operation and you have recovery time involved. Scar is not pretty, but it is low down. Can be improved by cortisone shots and lasers after it heals if it looks bad. Everyone I know who had it says they would definitely do it again.

this is what i was going to say. i always wanted a boob lift. not implants just a lift. my sister in law got a boob lift done and she said she was never in that much pain in her entire life. she literally could not move from the bed for 6 weeks. They remove your nipple...completely (at least where she got hers done)...reconstruct the muscle & sew the nipple back on. I figure if i lose weight and my boobs get worse i will suffer the pain tho :x or just invest in a really good push up bra & make sure my man loves my saggy old boobs! lmao.

To each their own. Boobs are pretty..& if you want them done then thats all your choice!:flowerforyou:
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Had mine done last year. After weight loss (and the fact I had nursed) mine had sagged and looked like a pair of empty socks. I did not like how I looked at all. Got 'restored' to a nice D cup with saline. Looks great, a little firmer than the real thing, but the saline is lighter than the silicone so no weight issues. My mom had trouble with the silicone (she had cancer) and the dr. I went too preferred the saline, less invasive, 2 small incisions at the lower breast. Was back to work in less than a week. I am fortunate in that I did not need a lift. NOW I am slightly considering a tummy tuck, but want to give my body at least another 6 months, before I look into it as I am seeing improvement in the sagging tummy. That is a more invasive surgery and I will avoid it if I keep inproving like I have been. It is not about morals, it is about me feeling good about how I look. BTW, DH is happy that I am happy and he likes the way I look, he is not judgemental that they don't 'feel' the same like 'some men' I have seen post here. edited to correct spelling.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I find it really sad when women want to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgery. *sigh* You are buying into society's expectations that women need to forever be young, and they need to have big tits (which is hilarious considering breast feeding is nearly taboo in our culture, so they are really supposed to be big fat bags that are just for looks). It's silly, I think we should all focus on being healthy, and letting our body look however it is and be proud of it. I look up to women who rock what they have instead of rush to the knife to be how they think they are "supposed to look." You had babies, you were a mommy. In my opinion, you shouldn't want to look like you did in highschool, you should want to rock yourself because that is your badge of honor, your battle scars. :)

I mean good for you if you want to do something that rewards yourself for accomplishing your (amazing!!) goal, but I have a hard time thinking that undergoing expensive SURGERY to look how society (I know, I know, you tell yourself it is "for you") wants you to look.

Sorry to be harsh.

I really resent the fact that you are calling people out and making ridiculous assumptions. Not only is it completely out of line, but you don't know these people or their reasoning behind wanting surgery.

No one has to justify themselves to you. You do not get to make life decisions for others and your opinion is pointless. Get over yourself. Some people do not feel happy in their own skin.

I myself do not feel comfortable in my clothes because weight gain and weight loss over the last 15 years has stretched out skin to where it is noticeable in my basic, every day clothes. So I plan to get a LIFT after we have children. I don't care what others think, I don't care what society thinks - I don't even care what my husband thinks (he says i'm perfect as I am).

I care about how I feel. And I can bet that many others here feel the same way, regardless of whatever judgmental opinion you have.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    9 out of 10 males support breast enhancement. the other 10% are compulsive liars.

That is NOT true. Maybe ALOT of them are in America where men are OBSESSED with big titties. Try going to Brazil. They say "more than a handful is too much." Don't be so ridiculous to speak for all of men, especially when you are saying something that is so damn shallow.
  • TurboFireMama
    TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Neither of these is 100% true...Do you research and you will see why. They do not completely remove your nipple and if they did that to your SIL then she had a botch job and that is why she probably was laid up for weeks.

The scar tissue you are referring to is a common complication that can happen and also CAN be fixed. As for the baseball in a tube sock look...that has to do with the wrong size or the complication of the scar tissue.

Implants can and do last up to 20 years. Most people that replace them choose to do so for size increase or decrease....

As for getting a lift, yes time, age and gravity take the same tolls on Augmented Breasts as they do on Regular Breasts. So you might need a lift if that is important to you in the future.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    So excited to see this post. I lost weight years ago (78 lbs) and was about 22 short of reaching my goal and my reward was going to be implants. Long story shorty, gained almost all of it back, never got the implants. Now, I'm determined. I've been a small B (very small B) all my life. I'm 54 - I am hoping by age 55 (for my birthday), I can get them. Is that too old? I want them for ME - no one else. Hubby could care less. Are implants for younger women, or would anyone older get them? It's the one thing I've always wanted.
    I say if they make you feel better about yourself, do it.

I had mine done at 61!!! You are never to old to want to look and feel good!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

It's the moral (and societal) issues I have when women get big beach ball boobs, even before they have kids (like that idiot famous person who got them and then was upset because she couldn't breast feed afterwards, it's like, Duh! You mess around in there with foreign objects enough and they aren't going to work properly!!) so that they are "attractive." There is nothing wrong with having little pert boobs. And I realize now that is not what you are adressing.

So I take back what I said about conforming to society, it's ok for you to want to go back to where you want to be, as long as you aren't wanting to "fix" yourself into something totally new. It was a bit naive of me to not understand where you are coming from, escpecially since I haven't had kids. And I know you don't need approval from me, I am just apologizing mostly. :)

Moral issues? LOL. Getting aesthetics confused with morals... isn't that difficult to do? Wow.

Yes, I consider changing your body (as in, what God gave you) drastically is a moral issue. Getting a boob job is not necessarily just aesthetics. It is a big, invasive deal, it's not like dyeing your hair. I personally beleive that you should rock and be proud of what you were given, and not try "fix" it unless there is something wrong (ie: getting reduction surgery because your back is being damaged etc). In the original poster's case, like I outlined, she really isn't trying to "fix" HERSELF, she is trying to "fix" CHANGES to her body brought on by challenging events taking a toll. That is why I consider it a more aesthetic issue (more like upkeep) than a moral issue, and why I consider getting beach ball breast implants because you aren't happy with your cute pert ones (as in, CHANGING your body drastically) a moral issue.

WHY OH WHY OH WHY do religious nuts bring a god into everything?

I don't have a god, why is your god telling me and others what to do?
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    I haven't had kids or anything like that but I still am in need of a breast lift. I like my size but I need them to sit up!
  • boobear7
    boobear7 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have had a lift and implants.....and I love them! I got a good Dr and mine look natural not fake. No regrets for me. My advice is find a good Dr, my Dr was recommended by someone in the family who had her's done so I got to see his work, which made my decision easier. Good luck!!!!
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Actually, with newer technology in implants you may not need to get them replaced every 10 years. Newer implants are made to last, often you'll have a lifetime warranty. As for scar tissue, yes it is possible just like many other complications. Proper surgical technique will reduce the risk for developing contracture. It is normal for the body to build a light layer of scar tissue around the implant (or any medical device inserted into the body, artificial knees, stents, pacemakers). Lumpy breasts are not because of implants. If you have lumps before (cystic breasts) you may feel them more after implant surgery, that is highly individual.
    Needing a lift depends on a lot of factors. Lifts today may not mean nearly the amount of scars as they used to. A dounut lift around your nipple will leave an almost invisible scar, not the common gastly scars people think. Do A LOT of research!! You may be surprised at what can be done for you with minimal scaring. That said, don't bite off on what 1 doctor says, get several opinions. You want the best results for you and you need to be educated. There are plenty of educational resources out there that will help you decide (with your doctor) what is best for you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!