• mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Will be married for 2 years in March...
    Rocky Roads, but I love him!
  • redwoodbsq1
    redwoodbsq1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    We will have our 44th wedding anniversary in June of this year.
    Us, too. What day? Ours is June 7.
    First date in '64, engaged in '66, married in '68.

OMG, I can't not wrap my head around a 44th wedding anniversary......... that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long. lol. I said to my mom on my 1st wedding anniversary "how the hell did you and dad make it to 32? I freaking year in and I've already had moments where I wanted to kill him" My mom just LAUGHED, she said "wait till he pisses you off at year 16... then double that."

That being said, I met him in July 2007. He moved in 10 days later, and has never left. lol. Engaged on my birthday six months later. Married him 1 month shy of our 2 year mark. We've been married for two and a half years.

We have had some major bumps, no one knows about some of them except my best friend. But in the end we come back and work through it, each of us trying to improve our flaws to make it work. Sometimes there has to be a significant 'cool down' period until we can talk about what happened, sometimes it happens more naturally. In the end for us its about compromise and willing to work together. (Doesn't mean I don't want to kick him in the nads at points, I know he feels the same way.) But it always seems to blow over and we continue down the road. I still always hold his hand... guess I'm a little girl like that. Peeps sometimes make fun of us for it, they can suck it. :glasses:
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I met my husband two weeks before I turned 16, got married two weeks after I turned 19 and have been married for 34 years this August. It hasn't all been a bed of roses but for the most part it's been pretty good. We've definately had our ups and downs but have always remained best friends thru it all. Thankfully for me he's a pretty decent guy, easy going, hard worker, good father/grandfather. The key to making it last so long is patience and having the ability to communicate with each other :)
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    We have been together for 23 years, maried 21. Not always easy, but well worth it.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Been married one year and 6 months...been together 3 years...:flowerforyou:
  • bnaile
    bnaile Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    15 years married.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    We have known each other since we were in 2nd grade. But we have been together 14 years and married 12 this june/.

Our posts were similar :)
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    We had been friends for about 3 years prior to taking interest in one another.Together almost 5 years with two little ladies! Well the first time I saw him I was 12 and I told my friend that I was going to marry him and have his babies. I am so glad that I was right! Hehehe. He says that he has been in love with me from the first time I told him to shut up after he tried to make fun of me in the back seat of my friends car. I was 13. He liked me because I don't take **** from people and I say what I want and how I want... Which is also the reason we have problems sometimes! LOL

We have a strong bond and work really well together. I am also a balance scale of sorts and know how to fix and work out any type of problem in pretty much any area, so I hope we never have to divorce and can always be happy together.

I also have a realist side and realize that sometimes things don't work out and if things didn't work in the end I would be sad, but I know I would have tried and would be proud of how I handled and treated our marriage. I know alot of women are ashamed of getting divorced because some people put a stigma behind it. But they shouldn't. You tried and it didn't work. You can't always fix whats broken. Your happiness should overcome what other people think and what a piece of paper says.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    nearly 18 years.

And yes, I'm only 35.

My hubby and I got married when we were 23, after 6 years together and started dating at age 17.
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    committed relationship...for 7 years now...married 4 years in March (yes to the same person!! hahahhaha)
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    10 years next month and although he makes me angry quite often...lol I love that man so much!! He still flips my switch, you know..... :)
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    We've been together for 13.5 years and married for 1.5. We lived together for 10 years before we got "officially" married though and we always considered ourselves to be a married couple. The only thing that changed for us between not being married and being married was signing a peice of paper.
  • span74
    span74 Posts: 32
    Options
    together 14 years married 7
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Married for 14 years this coming October. Together for 16 years this month. We're happier now than we have ever been.

Lucky for us, we grew together rather than apart as many of our friends have.
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    We've been married for 15 years. We started off not wanting any kids, and went 9 years as DINKS (Dual Income No Kids). Now we have 2 beautiful daughters and I can't imagine life without them. :)
  • tracyjaynie
    tracyjaynie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Met my Man when I was 18, He was 17, as soon as he turned 18 we were married .... That was 32 years ago.
    Lots of ups and downs. But I am so glad I stuck it out.
    You know your heart and situation, no one else lives in your house.
    Make yourself happy!
  • DEBAUD
    DEBAUD Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Very proud to say 15 YEARS NEXT WEEK :)

We both are 30 and have been together since we were 15. We've been officially married for 2 years next week. Yay!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    my husband and I knew each other for 5 1/2 years before we married. we were married 8 1/4 years before he went to be with Jesus. It's been 10 years since he's been in Heaven.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    Was married for 7 years, have been divorced for almost 3 years.

Been with my boyfriend for a little over a year.
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dating for 16 years, married for 10 this August. I was rough last year, but things have been so much better since that rough patch. Things are so good right now, I'm so glad we were able to push (and pray) through it! Everyone has to do what is best for them - we all deserve to be happy :)