Replies

• mrsred79
    mrsred79 Posts: 79
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Do you have to do serious lifting to tone up? What about circuit training, how far will that get you?
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    All woman should start lifting weights!!!!
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    motivation!!!
  • Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Here is something I have to ask... I lift weights and do circuit training. I am working my butt off, but unfortunately, that is not literal! I have lost almost 30lbs since November. I weighed myself today and I am up 2lbs. It is frustrating but I understand that with muscle being built, it isn't always the number but the inches. I feel a bit smaller and my clothes fit better, but the scale says 233...gulp! There has to be some point where that number decreases though right? If I am working out and eating right, even though I am gaining muscle, that number should come down? I can't possibly stay at 233 forever!
  • TheMarshal
    Options
    This is why it drives me nuts when people (women, usually) base success strictly by the numbers seen on the scale. Muscle may weigh 3x as much as fat by volume, but it LOOKS better and also helps burn more calories in your day-to-day activities.
  • dzilobommo
    dzilobommo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    WOW! THANKS!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Here is something I have to ask... I lift weights and do circuit training. I am working my butt off, but unfortunately, that is not literal! I have lost almost 30lbs since November. I weighed myself today and I am up 2lbs. It is frustrating but I understand that with muscle being built, it isn't always the number but the inches. I feel a bit smaller and my clothes fit better, but the scale says 233...gulp! There has to be some point where that number decreases though right? If I am working out and eating right, even though I am gaining muscle, that number should come down? I can't possibly stay at 233 forever!

Unless you are at a surplus that 2lbs is probably water weight.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Thank you.... love this. perfect day for me to see.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Nothing better than toned muscle!! Love this!! Lift on :-)
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This was nice to see. So far i have loss next to nothing but I am losing inches and everyone says it's the lifting and I am more toned. helps me to keep going...
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Love!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    TRUTH. These types of threads are the best and most important ones to read. Thanks for posting this.

I'm not even half way to where I want to be physique wise, but i am 10lbs heaver than I was last Fall after losing 50lbs. I look better at 190 with a little muscle than I did at 180 skinny bean.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I don't get the whole women with muscles thing.. sorry, it turns me right off :-/ Shapely is lovely but muscles are just not womanly. That tight round butt i would kill for, but can you get that without the rest following?

The butt is no doubt got through heavy lifting (squats, deadlifts, lunges) You could workout your lower half only but IMO that would look very weird.
    I personally don't think any of those women are muscular apart from maybe the two middle ones though (black thong underwear from behind, and red bikini competitor) Those are caused by low body fat % as well, so you needn't be afraid of lifting heavy just because of those pictures. If you keep a body fat % of at least 18% I doubt you would look like those ones in particular. You would have slight muscle definition, while retaining a "softer" look :)
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Ok I will post my pics:

before lifting about 6 months ago:
    _DSC05231.jpg_DSC05361.jpg

Two days ago with a 4lb gain, down a few inches, a lot more tone and in the same dress:
    IMG_1741small1.jpgIMG_1738small2.jpgIMG_1728small.jpg

Now I am bench pressing 95lbs and leg pressing 270lbs and I feel awesome!!
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    These are awesome pics. Thanks for the motivation.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is great. I always tell the ladies not to fear the weights.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What a great post!

I loved the blog write up on Staci - It was totally inspirational - Shows what you can accomplish with healthy eating and exercise - And also such a relief to see that women don't bulk when they lift - They just look more awesome! I want my thighs to change like Staci's did. . .
  • lilo1971
    lilo1971 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have no fear of weights, love to feel the sore muscles the next morning!