179lbs lost in one year - with pics

Options

Replies

• bnaile
    bnaile Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Outstanding, Sir! What a great outlook. Your boys and family are very proud of you I am sure. Are you running any local events in Atlanta?
  • jcearth
    jcearth Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the comments -- I really appreciate it it! As far as I how I was able to do it - I started walking every day, and then I would try to run a minute here and there during the walk. That morphed over time into running with a little walking here and there. I hadn't heard of couch to 5k until after i did my first 5k in October, but I did something similar on my own, just over a longer time period. I personally feel that the couch to 5k program is a little aggressive in its approach. After being able to run for 30 minutes continuously, i got up the courage to sign up for my first 5k, which went great. I did two more in the next two months, and then my brother and I got this idea that we could do a marathon if we trained for it. I've always believed that if you dream, you should dream big. So then every weekend, i would do a long run and go a little farther. First it was 5 miles, then 6, then 8, then 9, then 10 (during a thunderstorm and torrential downpour), then 11, then 12, and then 14 the week before the half marathon. I was actually amazed at how easy the 13.1 miles were for me (it wasn't easy, but I certainly didn't struggle the way i saw others on the course doing). My last two long runs have been 15 and 16 miles. This weekend I will do 18 (it will take me almost 3 and a half hours to complete). Every week with every long run, my confidence grows. I still don't fully believe that i can accomplish the goal, but I know I will get there soon. I asked my wife if she thought I was crazy for doing this (going from 471 pounds to completing a marathon in just 14 months), and she said "Yes, but it's a good crazy." I agree with her.
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great and so happy! I am sure your boys are thrilled!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You have given yourself - and your family - and INCREDIBLE gift and you should be SOOOOO proud of yourself!
  • malu8
    malu8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    AMAZING TRANSFORMATION YOU ARE A GREAT INSPRATION TO ALL OF US!
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    Wow!!! Amazing, keep up the good work, and good luck on your marathon in May!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. You do not look like the same person.....and I guess your not.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done!!! x
  • May63
    May63 Posts: 162
    Options
    awesome
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations to you! You are a real inspiration, you lost an entire ME - I have no excuses, that's just fantastic! Good for you! :)
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! Amazing job!
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!! I salute your dedication.
  • jenmcdav
    jenmcdav Posts: 67
    Options
    phenomenal! what an awesome story. saw your pitt sweatshirt- are you from pittsburgh?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    congratluations! you look amazing. thanks for sharing your story!
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    Good job!! Keep inspiring!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS!! A very inspiring story indeed!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*!!!! WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!

You Sir, are an inspiration, awesome job. You must feel really great about yourself. Thanks for posting.

Yea what he said, AWESOME
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!
  • katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    whoa, that's truly amazing!! great work!
    thanks for sharing your story :)
  • emelou6
    emelou6 Posts: 9
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on all your sucess! Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!