I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip: Get a journal. When you think of stupid crap like this topic write it down in the journal instead of posting a thread.

Because we don't give a ****e what you hate.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Its two things, they either have a eating disorder and if so, i feel bad for them (and keep them in my prayers) because its a rough disorder and can be very deadly or they just want attention and if thats the case then they need to grow up and get a hobby and quit bothering people.
  • thinmintme
    thinmintme Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I come to the forum boards and it's full of people complaining about meaningless banter.

Oh, but I adore meaningless banter :'(

Personally, if someone's like that, I assume right off bat that they have trouble really 'seeing' themselves. And that they also rely too heavily on celebrity stats to determine their self worth.
    Size 0 isn't everything and in most cases, not healthy.
    I also despise it when they say "Oh, I'm soooo fat" and they're like, 100 lbs lighter than me or something. Or when people tell me "Oh you're not fat, I don't know why anyone would say that". Like, really, lying will make it all ok. LOL
    If I'm not careful, people like that can bring me down in a second. :/
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Get over it...it has NOTHING to do with you. Other people have *gasp* insecurities as well. :flowerforyou:
  • kanmuri
    kanmuri Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm skinny, a size 2 in fact, yet I still have a few pounds to lose. Why, because I'm trying to get toned. I'm not saying I'm fat, but you should consider that different people have different goals. When I gain weight, even 2 little pounds, my clothes don't fit the same. You may not see it, but we can actually feel it.

This is not about them complaining, it's about you thinking that you are fat and envying their bodies. It's up to you to do what you need to be skinny, too.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I worked with a lady who was (and still is) seriously overweight. I was trying to lose some fat as I was 15-20 pounds overweight at that point. I still looked decently thin and fit so she freaked out when she heard me talking about trying to lose weight and about how my mom was saying I was fat. She got really offended and told me in an email that she didn't want to hear me saying I needed to lose weight because it made her feel bad since she was bigger than I was.

Was it my problem that she was obese? Not at all. Should I have been prevented from talking about my own difficulties trying to get healthier simply because she wasn't putting out any effort to do so? Absolutely not. If she felt bad about herself, that was her issue, not mine. Our insecurities are our own and they shouldn't prevent others from expressing their feelings.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Having been both skinny and overweight I think this thread is ridiculous. As it stand right now, I am overweight. Medically speaking, I still have weight to lose, but to a lot of people around me, they think I am rail thin and need to stop losing weight. I saw a guy yesterday who told my husband that he needs to start feeding me more. Really?
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip: Get a journal. When you think of stupid crap like this topic write it down in the journal instead of posting a thread.

Because we don't give a ****e what you hate.

:laugh: :heart: This.
  • jesska812
    jesska812 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Fat people aren't the only people allowed to feel insecure and want to better their bodies. This site is so full of people talking **** about skinny/thin people. People can't talk **** about fat people, but skinny/thin people are fair game? Ridiculous.

Completely agree with this! If some of the things people said about thin people on here were said in reverse about larger people everyone would be outraged!!!
  • solskinnzombie
    solskinnzombie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

this.
  • celia4711
    celia4711 Posts: 15
    Options
    Get over yourself. Bigger people aren't the only ones with insecurities. THIS pisses me off.

love
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

Thank you! So true - every single person has something they are striving for in life, whether it be in their personal life, or in regards to fitness/health/etc. If a "skinny" friend is trying to improve something about him/herself, don't take it personally, just remain focused on your own goals towards a healthier and happier you!

^^^thank you to the above 2 posts. I dont consider myself fat or skinny I am inbetween. What pisses me off is when people look at me and assume that I think I am too skinny and want to look skinner when mine has to do with health issues. I need to lose another 20 pounds to get off my meds and stop living in the doctors office. The thing is i am insecure about myself looks. I see trouble areas too. People who make negative posts about stuff like this should not be so closed minded too
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

I agree. And I hate it that just because a person is bigger that they feel its okay to judge skinny people. Why is it okay to pick on the skinny person, but God forbid anyone say anything about your weight?

it is a total double standard!!

Sadly, these types of posts are becoming more and more rampant lately (the "I hate when skinny girls complain" posts).

I have been both skinny and fat, and now I'm thin and fit and muscular...having been on both sides of this issue, I can very honestly tell you: being thin does NOT automatically=self-confidence. I really wish it did...but it still takes work to love yourself, no matter what your size.
  • carlie_carl
    carlie_carl Posts: 285
    Options
    I agree, its fine to want to improve yourself but you need to respect the people around you by watching what you say. For example im 220lb but I hve a friend who is a lot more then me (at least 400lbs id say) and I try to avoid the topic of me being fat around her because I just think it would be not very nice...

I agree with this, Its curtosy, you should always feel free to speak and be yourself but there is times when people should just consider that their comments may discourage, dishearten people, I think the comment I quoted is a perfect scenerio were a comment should have some courtesy

***thats not about 'skinny' people though, just in general when people are discussing delicate or sensative subjects that plays part in the person they are coversatings life
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Wow, the OP has actually managed two, maybe three insults.

Firstly, calling people skinny. Do you not think people will find this offensive, no? Skinny is rarely meant in a positive light. Its an attempt to demean someone slimmer than you.

Secondly, you think only people holding large amounts of weight can have body issues? Everyone has certain issues they hold about themselves, is it only ok with those holding larger amounts of weight to have this issue?

Thirdly, you then comment on fit people being people who try to insult others by under mining people with more weight to lose than them. They are not, this is your issue, not theirs.

Finally you put you're self images issue of how you view yourself when people aren't concentrating on you're needs/want to lose weight and make them out to making comments on you without saying anything by implying they must think you are a cow. That's your own self image issue.

I mean, at what weight does one get to make weight comments? Is there a sliding scale? How selfish and self conceited and lacking of empathy towards others with their own issues can you get?
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Had a think since my last post and came to the conclusion that actually discussing your weight around people in general is probably not a good idea unless you know the other person is interested (forums like this for e.g or a workout buddy). They're either not interested, condescending, or may take it personally. We all get a little obsessed with whatever we're focusing on at the time (weight loss/ getting fit) and tend to not notice that we're rabbiting on about it! Perhaps just save it for where discussion is welcome, or when you're asked for an opinion :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

Firstly, calling people skinny. Do you not think people will find this offensive, no? Skinny is rarely meant in a positive light. Its an attempt to demean someone slimmer than you.

Secondly, you think only people holding large amounts of weight can have body issues? Everyone has certain issues they hold about themselves, is it only ok with those holding larger amounts of weight to have this issue?

Thirdly, you then comment on fit people being people who try to insult others by under mining people with more weight to lose than them. They are not, this is your issue, not theirs.

Finally you put you're self images issue of how you view yourself when people aren't concentrating on you're needs/want to lose weight and make them out to making comments on you without saying anything by implying they must think you are a cow. That's your own self image issue.

I mean, at what weight does one get to make weight comments? Is there a sliding scale? How selfish and self conceited and lacking of empathy towards others with their own issues can you get?

One of those days when I wish MFP would make a "like" button. Well said, Matt.:flowerforyou:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

One of those days when I wish MFP would make a "like" button. Well said, Matt.:flowerforyou:

Me too. "Like."
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Me too. "Like."

Love!!
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think it's about how you view yourself - and on the flip side, how others view you. I just got into a size 4 but I still FEEL fat because I've been overweight my whole life. It's going to take awhile to change any sort of self-image like that for me. I have other girls being like "What? You're skinny as hell girl!" and there are days when I see it and days when I don't. It's just about breaking through that mental barrier and finally disconnecting what you've seen yourself as for so long and what you are now. I know if I just give it time, one day it'll snap and I'll get it and be damn proud of myself. But for now, I'm just going to keep being healthy and living life.
This discussion has been closed.