Things people do at the gym that you hate

Options
For me the peanuts that take the one spray bottle walk to the machine and spray and proceed to wipe HELLO!!! spray the paper towel leave the bottle for everyone else and piss off!

The people don't that believe in a buffer zone in the locker room or shower!

If there are 10 lockers in a row free DONT USE THE ONE NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE!!!!!

If there are 5 showers in a row free DONT USE THE ONE NEXT TO ME BUFFER ZONE!!!!!

just a couple of things that tick me off :)

Replies

• douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    People using the equipment that I want to use. Selfish I know, but then that is about all that annoys me at the gym.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    lol youre grumpy. it'll be ok, its just the gym brother
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The older i get the grumpier i get! and I'm only 32 man wait to I'm 55 :)
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people ask me: "Are you done???" when I'm getting my 30-60 second rest between sets.

NO.... I'm NOT done. Thank you very much.
  • Brandongood
    Options
    lol I can be grumpy too.

I agree with Juliene. I would rather someone just ask me how many sets I have left instead of if Im done. If I was done, I wouldnt be using the thing, now would I?
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.
  • CailleachBeara
    CailleachBeara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    People who hog the elliptical trainers and don't wipe the equipment down after they've used it, ick!
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Dear Gym People - RE-RACK YOUR FREAKING WEIGHTS!!!!
  • Brandongood
    Options
    I hate (HATE) when people are talking on their cell phones while on the treadmill or elliptical right next to me. If it's that important go out into the lobby or locker room or something. Jesus.

Yes. Distracting.

Jesus is awesome!
  • Brandongood
    Options

Yes! Your last set should be putting the weights back lol
  • Nikki582
    Options

Ergh, I walked up to the squat rack to use it and some jerk had left over 120kg sitting on the barbell. So cranky.
  • Brandongood
    Options

Ergh, I walked up to the squat rack to use it and some jerk had left over 120kg sitting on the barbell. So cranky.

How much is that in American?
  • Nikki582
    Options
    6 x 44lb plates
  • Nikki582
    Options
    6 x 44lb plates
    OH and props to him/her for doing it - but if you can squat that bloody much you can RE-RACK YOUR FREAKING WEIGHTS!!!
  • Brandongood
    Options
    6 x 44lb plates
    OH and props to him/her for doing it - but if you can squat that bloody much you can RE-RACK YOUR FREAKING WEIGHTS!!!

thats pretty good, guess he didnt have the arm strength to put em away. He should have put em away with his strong legs! haha
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The guy that files his feet in the steam room. People that leave disposable razors in the showers.
    People that open the sauna door because its too hot !
  • Brandongood
    Options
    The guy that files his feet in the steam room. People that leave disposable razors in the showers.
    People that open the sauna door because its too hot !

I agree. These are rather annoying, disgusting, and disturbing lol
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    what ticks me off

the people that dont use deoderant prior to there workout.....

the people that make LOUD grunting noises

the men who spend more time looking and themselves in the mirror than workin out (hah.. good for a laugh though)
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had someone jump on the machine I was using after I left it for just a sec to go and get some additional weights, umm hello my towel and drink bottle were there!

People who don't wipe down afterwards, people who don't put their weights back, people that make it blatantly obvious that they want you off so they can get on and people that leave their gym bags on the bench in the change room.... don't notice it so much now as I figured out the busy times and work around that.
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    People that try to get in the Hot Tub with me right after a hot and heavy work out. I've had 2 fist fights with some fat sweaty guy that didn't believe me when I told him that there was no way in hell he was getting in there with me unless he had a shower first :explode: