Vegetarian group. Kick-off WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    lol I just went to post on this thread and while it was loading I was thinking "Hmm courtneyTree should be back soon" haha and then I saw your post. Welcome back! We missed ya!

How was everyone's 4th? Our fireworks were fantastic! I was impressed
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Had a great 4th! No fireworks though...BIL has post traumatic stress syndrome...too many wars. Explosions are not so great for him....and the dogs. We had 9 at the house that night and half of them had to be given a seditive.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh I know what you mean with the dogs. My dogs go nuts when they hear fireworks. Glad to hear you had a great 4th of July tho! Btw, I was meaning to ask you, have you watched any good movies lately?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    oh I know what you mean with the dogs. My dogs go nuts when they hear fireworks. Glad to hear you had a great 4th of July tho! Btw, I was meaning to ask you, have you watched any good movies lately?

Nothing at home really...other than Disney stuff. Went and saw Wolverene in theaters a while ago. It actually wasn't that bad. I'm a big X-Men fan and they managed to keep it pretty close to the comics this time.
    We're debating to either see Night At The Museum 2, Ice Age 3, or Public Enemies.
    My hubby just watched Watchman and said it kept pretty well to Alan Moores work.
    Did you ever get to watch Lost In Austen?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I watched Wolverine too. I thought it was a good movie. I used to be into the X-men and the Transformers and what not when I was younger, so it's cool to watch the movies now. Do you like the transformers? I thought the movies were good, the first one was better than the second in my opinion.
    I heard Public Enemies is supposed to be fantastic. I might go watch that myself...plus johnny depp is in it so that helps haha :wink:

No, unfortunately I never got to watch Lost In Austen. I looked for it at several different local movie stores but no one has it. I'm sure I'll come across it at some point!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I watched Wolverine too. I thought it was a good movie. I used to be into the X-men and the Transformers and what not when I was younger, so it's cool to watch the movies now. Do you like the transformers? I thought the movies were good, the first one was better than the second in my opinion.
    I heard Public Enemies is supposed to be fantastic. I might go watch that myself...plus johnny depp is in it so that helps haha :wink:

No, unfortunately I never got to watch Lost In Austen. I looked for it at several different local movie stores but no one has it. I'm sure I'll come across it at some point!

I haven't seen the second one yet. I loved the show when I was a kid...also Thundercats, TMNT, GI Joe...I was such a tomboy. Still am for the most part...but I love dresses and Renaissance and Victorian era clothing. LOL. As for Public Enemies...I love Johnny! I've seen everything he's been in and it's always wonderful (although, I didn't like his Charlie & the Chocolate Factory). He's a great actor...I'm just not the biggest fan of him personaly.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Okay...where is everyone??? No one's been on in 4 days. What's everyone doing that's so exciting that's keeping htem off MFP?
    LOL, I haven't been on either...the occasional check but no real hardcore threads. How was everyone's weekend?
    Kid: I never did make it to the movies...stayed home and watched Underworld (all three) and X-Men (all three)...pathetic but wonderful. :bigsmile:
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    I've not been on MFP for a while. Got sidetracked, really wasn't losing, but just maintaining. Well, went on cruise last week and got on scale. I am up 6 LBS!!!!! Hopefully just water weight, but need to get back to losing the rest of the weight!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Okay...where is everyone??? No one's been on in 4 days. What's everyone doing that's so exciting that's keeping htem off MFP?
    LOL, I haven't been on either...the occasional check but no real hardcore threads. How was everyone's weekend?
    Kid: I never did make it to the movies...stayed home and watched Underworld (all three) and X-Men (all three)...pathetic but wonderful. :bigsmile:

Eek I work 50 hours a week, commute 10 hours each week, then try to walk, jog, bike, swim.. even tried some tennis this weekend. As long as the weather is nice I try to stay outside and off the computer. This is a good think, no?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Eek I work 50 hours a week, commute 10 hours each week, then try to walk, jog, bike, swim.. even tried some tennis this weekend. As long as the weather is nice I try to stay outside and off the computer. This is a good think, no?

Definatly good! I'm only on while checking my e-mail at work. No weekends or nights for me, too much other stuff to do. :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    hey I'm here! I wasn't on MFP much this weekend. We had our arts fest going on in town and bunch of my friends came to visit me. I'm back tho :smile:

Maid, lol hey it's ok, I never made it to the movies either! lol I'm hoping to get there soon tho, I really want to see Public Enemies before it comes out on dvd lol

lose2cruise, where did you go on your cruise??? That's so exciting, I love cruises. I've been thinking of going on one sometime soon. Hope you had fun!

lynniejones, it def sounds like you're doing a great job! As long as you're keeping up with your diet and exercise, you're good to go. :wink: Keep up the good work!

Speaking of work, I gotta get my butt in gear! Gotta work in a half hour. I'm going to my home town tonight after work to visit some friends. I think I'll be there until thursday morning. Hopefully I can make time to log my food and exercise! Yikes! (It seems like I've been having some trouble keeping up with MFP bc I'm so busy in the summer)
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    whoa ladies...where has everyone been???????
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Haven't been anywhere...just busy. I've only been able to get on and log my food and exercise. School starts here on August 5 and I've still got to get some of my daughters uniform things bought. :grumble: I fear that summer will never be over. I'm much more of an autumn person.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I am totally with you on the autumn thing. I absolutely love it. The colors, the weather, halloween!!! lol I'm def the happiest during the fall, that's for sure.

How has everyone been doing with exercise and food? I unfortunately gained 6lbs back. I woke up this morning feeling like a bloated fat cow. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but I'm going to try really hard to get rid of these disgusting 6lbs.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am.:flowerforyou:
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE autumn! I can't wait! I've been doing ok with diet and exercise, last week I made my goal! YAY!! It was the lowest weight I have been since 8th grade! I would like to stay within 3 lbs of my goal...however I have been having some weird symtoms that resemble early signs of pregnancy YIKES!! Figures, right?

Kidvicious- Don't worry, you will get rid of those 6lbs in no time! It's so hard not to get down on ourselves, but the stupid number on the scale shouldn't determine our happiness. Easier said than done!! I am almost always cranky on Mondays because A. I have to go to work B. I feel that I sabatoge myself most weekends. It's a terrible feeling! Hang in there girl!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Ps. I put some before and after pics in my profile. I did lose my boobs, but in my defense that sports bra is super tight. :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! I wish I had your motivation lol

I'm trying really hard today to stick with my healthy food and I'm going to make myself go to the gym. I'm going on vacation starting the 28th.....so I have no idea what's going to happen.....
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Ps. I put some before and after pics in my profile. I did lose my boobs, but in my defense that sports bra is super tight. :bigsmile:

You look wonderful! I wish I could show off my tummy....way too many stretch marks. :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I am totally with you on the autumn thing. I absolutely love it. The colors, the weather, halloween!!! lol I'm def the happiest during the fall, that's for sure.

How has everyone been doing with exercise and food? I unfortunately gained 6lbs back. I woke up this morning feeling like a bloated fat cow. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but I'm going to try really hard to get rid of these disgusting 6lbs.

Hope everyone is doing better than I am.:flowerforyou:

Been doing great....lots and lots of running. Is that 6 pounds possibly related to TOM? I always gain 3-4 pounds in the week leading up to it.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    no def not related to TOM. I've literally haven't been logging since the 4th and have been eating anything I want. I didn't exercise much either. It's completely my own fault. I started back on track yesterday. I hope I stay on track too!