You know you're serious about losing weight when....

Options

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    your chocolate treat is your protien shake.....
    you feel unbelievably full after eating 1200 calories in a day..
    you look at the menu and find yourself saying "i want this, but i can only have that.."...(darn buffalo chicken)
  • Trilaina
    Trilaina Posts: 61
    Options
    -You have a "free day" for food and manage to stay within your calorie limit (still have no idea how I did that at the Chinese buffet o.O)

-You automatically grab an healthy snack, and only realize it when you don't have to unwrap the Snickers bar you thought you grabbed, and you're perfectly happy.
  • NMFunk
    NMFunk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OhMyGosh! I love all of these and can definitly relate to alot of them :D Thanks for a great topic!!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    when preparing your lunch for the next day is a priority
    in your lunch bag is a stockpile of green tea bags
    the trunk of your car looks like the laundromat due to haiving 5 days of workout clothes in it everyday (no excuses for skipping)
    when you do Leslie Sansone on your lunch break and then eat your lunch as you work
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    -When you resist the urge to eat at a work potluck
    -

Uh oh...this is my downfall......I can't resist this - there are too many good cooks and bakers in my office....this is one of those times when I figure "you gotta live" and I try to limit myself to only the yummiest of the yummy foods. :drinker:
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    - you haven't eaten any cake all year (including at several birthday parties)
    - you don't eat something (even really minor) due to the hassle of having to work out how to track it
    - you don't eat anything that you don't know exactly what is in it
    - your son eats vegetables he used to hate, purely because he keeps getting served them every night
    - there are 2 full bottles of cointreau (favourite alcohol) that haven't been touched all year
    - everytime you eat a chocolate (rarely) you wondered why you bothered because it doesn't taste that great anymore
    - the whole family has lost weight because you refuse to buy any junk
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    --you organize a weight loss competition at work.
    --you get upset that you physically cannot workout because you have the flu (which is what I'm dealing with tonight...but every time I get up off the couch I get sick to my stomach... 8-(
    --you are proud of the sweat soaked tank top after your workout.
    --your days off turn into your "major workout days".
    --dessert every night is a grapefruit.
    --"seconds" for food no longer exists. (or, sadly, "thirds)
    --you not only own a digital food scale, but 4 sets of measuring cups and 3 sets of measuring spoons.
  • Feathil
    Feathil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When the reason you're not drinking is calories... seriously huge change for me... Heavy drinking culture I'm in.

When the meal I most look forward to is my morning oatmeal with pumpkin seeds, so hot and comforting. It makes me look forward to waking up, and I HATE morning
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options

You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value
    Wait... is this in the database?

I just usually figure the calories burned balances out the intake calories. :blushing:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    .. there is a sale on muffins at gas station you stop at every morning for coffee and when the clerk asks if you'd like one you recite how many calories it has!

... your morning shake is often green because you are trying to get an extra serving of veggies in for your group challenge.

...when the only time your television is on anymore is when you are using your Wii Fit
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    And my favorite...
    ...you spend so much time on MFP your husband starts to wonder if you are on a dating site and looking to replace him. haha
    [/quote]

Hahahahaha, yep!!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    You come home from a long, frustrating, exhausting, terrible day at work....

eye the brownies on the kitchen counter....
    think about the cold beer in the fridge....

and pass them up to work out instead.

You go, girl!!!!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    You have a chocolate "treat" all lined up for the day with much excitement and anticipation then your 2 yr old steals it from you and shoves it in her mouth and you just smile lovingly at her!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That would earn my kids a serious time out...hahahaha!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    You know that semen has not only calories but nutritional value

Seriously??? Well, add this to the list of things I never knew. And pray my husband never reads this.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When you can go all day with out logging in and when you do at the end of the day your still under 1200.
    When your new family time is at the gym.
    When you can buy the cake candy bars ,chips, ect for the family and quit blaming them for sabotaging your diet.
    When your treat is a fiber plus bar.
    When you know exactally how much you weigh , not that number you pretend you have been for the past 10 years.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    ....When you pull out gym clothes and could care less whether or not they clash or match....

....When your knee is bothering you and your thighs feel like someone's got them wedged between a giant nutcracker and yet you hobble on the treadmill like an old man just so you can say that you've gotten your cardio....

...When you're in the middle of lifting weights and as soon as you finish your set, you scrunch up your face and push with all your might just to squeeze out one more (although in my case, I rarely ever get that last one ;__; )

....When you're so anal retentive about counting every single step on your pedometer just so see how many miles you actually walk, that you literally sleep with said pedometer on. That way you can count any extra steps you'd usually miss during trips to the potty in the middle of the night.....
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    -when you look at your snack and think "this is rabbit food..." and then think "rabbits have it good!" (I recently said this out loud, my mom laughed at me lol)
    -When you want a cookie...but decide push ups are better
    -when you realize that "just one more" actually would hurt, but just one less (or none) is fantastic
    -when you consider candy bars and cake, but feel like they are way too sweet (I've found myself looking for sweet tings to eat out of habit and then saying to myself "that is going to taste way too sweet now") and the same thing for sodas and juice drinks
    -when you suddenly realize that there are fitness mantras running through your head
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    It takes a lot to say no to eating out...darn!
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When you’re 3 year old no longer wants to stay up past his bedtime to watch cartoons but to work out with mummy and daddy instead…

When I keep promising myself a day off from exercising and then keep putting it off because I just cant go without! (and who is this person i've turned into??)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    When your 9 yr old comes up to you with a worried look on their face and asks how much sodium is in a cheese stick.