"Thick" girls

Options

Replies

• hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    No disrespect but I think that his interpretation of a thick girl is his own perception. As long as you feel comfortable in your skin and know that you are losing the weight and trimming down for yourself that's all that matters. Thick can be interpreted in so many ways. A big boned person, a person with wide hips or gluteous, a person who possibly lifts weights, and so on etc... It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Look at body charts and compare your height, body frame, and weight range. Once you've done that you can also check in with your doctor to see what range of weight and what your body shape may define. Again at the end of the day your hubby is still with you and that's all that matters! I don't mean to pry but if what he is saying is upseting you maybe you should try and sit down with him and tell him how you really feel. If he respects you and your feelings he will attempt to choose his words wisely. God Bless :) (Readers feel free to add me so we all can give each other nutritional advice) :)

Thank you :)
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have been called "sturdy" more times than I care to count (foot-in-mouth-diseased-soon-to-be-ex-husband). I don't like "thick" all that much either, but "voluptuous" is I guess too much to ask for.

This post (and many others on this thread) shows that we should choose our adjectives carefully, especially when describing the body of someone we love. :smile:

I describe my wife's body as "kick-*kitten*." She seems to like that. :smile:

Defiantly agree!! And I'm sure your wife is very very thankful for that :)
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If everyone worked out their aggression at the gym instead of here, we could be dropping sick amounts of weight.
  • Example the girl in the pink dress is "thick" meaning shapely and curvy. The girl standing in the mirror in the black dress is obviously not thick. I'm a fellow thick woman I use to be the size of the girl standing in the black dress in the mirror but I honestly perfer being thick. Would not change a thing.

app_sharedimage_OFz08.jpg
  • nelnova
    nelnova Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    420201090629AM_thick-white-girls-demotivational-poster.jpg

Thick-White-Girls-Motivational-Poster-1.jpg

pic 1: thick
    pic 2: not really

LOL! funny
  • nelnova
    nelnova Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Example the girl in the pink dress is "thick" meaning shapely and curvy. The girl standing in the mirror in the black dress is obviously not thick. I'm a fellow thick woman I use to be the size of the girl standing in the black dress in the mirror but I honestly perfer being thick. Would not change a thing.

Ok I agree with yo to a point ....both women are holding it together ...but i have seen more chicks like the one in the pink gettting fat after two more milkshakes ..lol than the other chick in the black ...but anyway ..Wow!!!!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    And, good for you for not wanting to be thick, congratulations.

I think you're missing what I was trying to say. Your comment appeared to be a generalization. And you asked, why wouldn't a woman want to be called thick. And I answered. It's not my ideal body type for myself. Obviously, if somebody said to me "you're thick" I would be polite and smile, but to me, that just means I haven't reached my goal. Much like if a very slim woman is told "you're so thin, I'm jealous!" she might smile and say thank you, but secretly be wishing she had more curves (just giving an example, I don't think every thin woman wants curves or vice versa). Not everybody has the same idea of what they find attractive, that's the point I was trying to make.

No need to have an attitude about it, I was just giving my opinion.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    And, good for you for not wanting to be thick, congratulations.

I think you're missing what I was trying to say. Your comment appeared to be a generalization. And you asked, why wouldn't a woman want to be called thick. And I answered. It's not my ideal body type for myself. Obviously, if somebody said to me "you're thick" I would be polite and smile, but to me, that just means I haven't reached my goal. Much like if a very slim woman is told "you're so thin, I'm jealous!" she might smile and say thank you, but secretly be wishing she had more curves (just giving an example, I don't think every thin woman wants curves or vice versa). Not everybody has the same idea of what they find attractive, that's the point I was trying to make.

No need to have an attitude about it, I was just giving my opinion.

The funny thing is she is telling you to relax when she is the one throwing attitude..
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Example the girl in the pink dress is "thick" meaning shapely and curvy. The girl standing in the mirror in the black dress is obviously not thick. I'm a fellow thick woman I use to be the size of the girl standing in the black dress in the mirror but I honestly perfer being thick. Would not change a thing.

Uhhh??? :noway:

So thick also means big boobs??? Well then I'm screwed! I've been told I'm a thick girl but I don't have big boobs.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    FOR THE RECORD: Berrrunner loves them thick chicks!!!!!! Gon girls send me a PM! :bigsmile:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It just means not super skinny but not overweight. Basically "normal" lol

I am skinny on top and "thick" on the bottom.
  • NiniLeeMarie
    Options
    In California if your considered Thick it's a compliment, most men around here like "thick" women. Kim K, Beyonce, Jlo, Selena & most hip hop video girls are great examples.
  • RUN2CJ
    RUN2CJ Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    LMFAO's next song should be "I'm THICK, and I know it"

Whatever your body type, be proud of how you are creatively and without error made, and be happy!
  • elwinberry
    Options
    AMEN!!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I think thick is a sandwich away from fat in my opinion. I would prefer curvy.

Agreed. I've always thought "thick" meant, "on the verge of being fat, but kinda sexy anyway." And for the record, not all guys like "thick" women. I sure don't! No offense to those of you who fit into that category; it's not my cup o' tea. :smile:
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I always thought thick was curvy. I use to be a stick. No shape to me but I was 103 pounds. I love having a shape now. I would totally take "thick" as a compliment. I work hard to keep some shape even as I lose weight and tone.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    from urban dictionary...lol

Thick

A woman with a perfect body, filled-in in places that are, by nature, designed to attract the opposite sex, such as the thighs, the hips, the breasts, and the most lovely part of all, the booty.

hey that's fairly accurate I'd say =D
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    In California if your considered Thick it's a compliment, most men around here like "thick" women. Kim K, Beyonce, Jlo, Selena & most hip hop video girls are great examples.

Not in orange county..
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think the term "solid" sounds better. Curvy with muscles and no jiggle! That's what I 'm going for!
    Well Said - Agree!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options

*feels sorry for her feet in a couple of years
    and her lower back too