Once Thread Killer, Always Thread Killer

Options

Replies

• Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    jellyfish==like your life lesson. That is really good. Your mom must be a smart woman.

I think one of my life lessons is that you shouldn't judge people with a first impression. I have a couple very dear friends that when I first met them I couldn't stand them. Their personalities were a little qwerky until you really got to know them. So I try to impress my children to be open minded when meeting someone.
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just saw that Goodwill was the topic of conversation last week. I have to say that I too love Goodwill and any of the other thrift stores out there! While I was dropping weight so fast last year, I went through 3 entire wardrobe replacements. I couldn't have done it without the thrift stores. And as I bought the smaller sizes, I packed up my old clothing and donated it right back to Goodwill. I didn't want any of my big stuff hanging around as a "safety net".

I donate the big sizes back too, for the same reason. I have only saved one pair of pants, so that when I am done I can take that humiliating photo, standing in my old pants. :laugh:
    I think one of my life lessons is that you shouldn't judge people with a first impression.
    This is such a valuable lesson. A corollary is, just because someone has made a bad snap judgement of you, don't give up on them. My brother-in-law did NOT like me when I first started dating his brother. For DH's sake I did not react to his "bad attitude" and as time has passed he has learned, I ain't so bad after all. :wink:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    butterfly2.jpg
    Look for beauty around you.
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    And stop to smell the flowers...

55b76031-b7a0-48fb-9ef9-1769b8de8f84.jpg
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    and enjoy a litttle quiet time

health_benefits_of_napping.jpg
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Sssshhh i think i killed it
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Nah Jelly..you didn't kill our little thread.

Good morning! Been gone awhile...but wanted to check in.

Life lessons...there have been many. But this is a brand new week...so time for a brand new topic....what's it going to be?
  • editnonnalynn
    editnonnalynn Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hello!:smile: Can I join once a brand new topic is chosen? grace2you, donnalynn
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nonna, you can jump in any time. The more Killers the Merrier!!
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    LJ I was peeking at your photos and I wanted to know if you gave some of your pounds to that turtle of yours?
    (My little brother had a box turtle as a child!) ruaturtle? :love:

I was curious how long a thread must go untouched before it is DEAD? (in your opinions)
    I was last on one awhile ago, but mostle people skip me and reply to the person(s) above me! What is that about?:laugh:

Ok. Now the next poster can skip me and respond to LJ!:ohwell:
  • Maryee71
    Options
    nonnalynn==I think 2 days is the longest this thread has gone untouched.

It's good to see some pics again.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    nonnalynn - I don't know if I am invisible or just ignored. On facebook my statuses go without comments or likes, when in traffic and I get cut off I am sure I am driving my invisible car, on MFP I too am skipped over or ignored. Maybe I am just boring. Or if I am invisible then i wouldn't have to worry about being obese.
    invisible-measuring-tape.jpg
  • editnonnalynn
    Options
    nonnalynn - I don't know if I am invisible or just ignored. On facebook my statuses go without comments or likes, when in traffic and I get cut off I am sure I am driving my invisible car, on MFP I too am skipped over or ignored. Maybe I am just boring. Or if I am invisible then i wouldn't have to worry about being obese.
    Jen, I see you! haha I have been hiding behind my 'obese' in order to be invisible....BUT NO MORE! And we don't have to worry, with Jesus in the driver's seat. I am just getting buckled in. I hope SEE you around throughout my long journey!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I have been battling a virus (or 2 ) for sometime (6 wks). Was tested for whooping cough, not detected. but i think regardless of not knowing what it is i am starting to getting better. So much for better that I have just spent 2 1/2 hours weeding the garden. Every muscle in my body is aching but it feels good. Now for a rest.
    During these past weeks I havve put a lot of weight back on. Comfort eating. I always eat when I'm sick hoping it will make me better.
    Any hoo, now to get back on top of things.

australia_1208791c.jpg

I could do with a holiday somewhere quiet.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Hey....I'm back. Been fighting a virus + allergies for about two weeks jellyfishjen, so know how you feel. Spent most last weekend out in my flower gardens too. Weeding and fertilizing and really pleased with the results. I was sore for a few days myself...but it was so worth it! My little pear tree has flowers for the first time ever. Plus I finally found out what one of my plants is. A gal at work said it sounded like a miniature Hyacinth. Have not had a chance to google it but will be going there next. Great day to any who show up later!
  • mem50
    Options
    Me again, Actually they are called grape hyacinth. Have about 15 or so getting ready to bloom!
  • Maryee71
    Options
    jellyfish==Sorry to hear you've been so sick. Glad you're beginning to feel better. We've had something here with coughs that seem to hang on forever. It always seems that when I'm sick I just want carbs. So, it does make it difficult to watch your wt and then you don't feel like exercising. Hope you stay well..

mem==your yard must be gorgeous with all those plants blooming.
  • mem50
    Options
    Maryee71 = Just moved here two, well, April 1st will be two years, ago. It was a foreclosure home and the yard had not been tended to in two years or better. Working hard to get it where I want it to be. Still a long ways to go. Hoping next year or later this year to get rid of 3 maple trees and flatten out the front yard so I can make a nice little flower garden in front.

I think I also may have what you are talking about. Lucky for me when I get sick I just want sleep! :smile:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good evening everyone!! So good to see you still Hanging in there!! I just have not been able to keep up with the Threads lately!
    Hope you all have a Fabulous Week ahead!!
  • Maryee71
    Options
    mem==we bought a home several yrs ago that had set empty for months and it was like yours, the yard was awful also. Hope you took some pics when you first moved in so that you will be able to see the big change.

LJ -= hope your week quiets down and you can just pop in to say Hi. You're just such an inspiration with your great wt loss.