Who else is like me and needs to lose 100lbs or more??

Options

Replies

• smallerman
    smallerman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started out October 2010 trying to lose 100, have lost about 60 lbs so far.

Recently started using MFP to log food (signed up a while ago, but was using livestrong, but like this better 'cause it syncs with my fitbit.)

There are lots of us here - you are NOT alone!!

6148891.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jeefyl
    jeefyl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I started with 150 to lose...and I've lost 12. So Still got 100+ to lose! It's definitely not loney here!
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello! You are absolutely not alone. I need to lose 150 lbs. and I'm on my way to seeing 25 lbs. gone as of this week. I will weigh in for the first time in two weeks this coming Friday. As of the last weigh in I had lost 19 lbs. (avg. about 3 per week). I am working out for the first time in my life. I will be 60 yrs. old this July and refuse to spend the rest of my life blaming everything I can't do on my weight and my aching knees. I love aquatic exercise now and go 4 nights a week. Tonight I did aquatics and another 1.35 miles on the treadmill...I could have done more.I am going to sign up for a walk soon. I would not have believed I could do that or would want to. Hang in there, everybody and reach out to the rest of us as you have done here. I'm working right along with you!
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Ideally I need to lose about 200 more lbs, so you are not alone for sure. Its going to be a long road but Im in it to win it.
  • jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me....you are definitly not alone....also please feel free to join our group 100+ pounds with no surgery. Good Luck on this journey
  • nszocinski
    nszocinski Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You and I started at the same weight. Let's stay in touch. Keep going, girl. You'll make it!
  • toes74
    toes74 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm with ya...need to lose 200+. Need all the motivation and support i can get. I have a great friend who is doing this journey
    With me. You can friend mr anytime....everyone needs extra support to not give up!! :happy:
  • bnj21403
    bnj21403 Posts: 1
    Options
    Fear not for you are not alone...My happy whiite butt is right there with you
  • jamespressley
    Options
    My goal is to eventually lose 100 pounds but What I'm making small goals for myself as I go along. I'm going to do it in 10 pound increments. I'd like to lose 10 pounds by April 30. Then 10 more pounds by June 30... so on and so on... so basically I would like to lose 10 pounds every 2 months. I just joined a gym a week ago and I LOVE IT... never thought I would say that. I've been trying to start off slow so each day I've done 2 miles on the treadmill and 3 miles on the bike, and also I've used an elliptical for 5-10 minutes. But I'm going to slowly increase the amount I do each week. Anyway best of luck to you! Hope to keep in touch!!! :smile:
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of us out there. Friend me :) Not only are there people like us, but people who have always been fit and people who only need to lose a few, but they all rock and are so supportive and struggle and win the same as us. Welcome!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    <waving>
    There are lots of us out there!
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started needing to lose 145lbs, and I've lost 54, so that's... bad at math... carry the 1... 91lbs left. XD
  • QuixoticPanda
    QuixoticPanda Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have 100 pounds to lose too! :)
  • SashaJaneJ
    SashaJaneJ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP in May 2011 I had over 200 pounds to lose. I have lost a total of 122 pounds. I still have a long ways to go.You can add me as a friend.
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had more than 100 lbs to lose, but I've now lost 30! so I only have 88 more pounds to lose now. I also make little goals for myself rather then obsessing over the big one. My first goal was to get out of the morbidly obese range. Then to get to pre-baby weight. My next goal is 13 pounds away, the weight I was when I got married. So on and so forth. For me, making the goals like this, rather than making my goals set amount(like 10 lbs at a time) makes it more exciting for me when I reach them because they are more personal.
  • mgrimes2008
    Options
    My goal is to eventually lose 100 pounds but What I'm making small goals for myself as I go along. I'm going to do it in 10 pound increments. I'd like to lose 10 pounds by April 30. Then 10 more pounds by June 30... so on and so on... so basically I would like to lose 10 pounds every 2 months. I just joined a gym a week ago and I LOVE IT... never thought I would say that. I've been trying to start off slow so each day I've done 2 miles on the treadmill and 3 miles on the bike, and also I've used an elliptical for 5-10 minutes. But I'm going to slowly increase the amount I do each week. Anyway best of luck to you! Hope to keep in touch!!! :smile:
    I am working in increments also. I have NEVER has success before. This is a very empowering feeling.
    I am doing this for me! not for anyone else. for me! let me say that one more time... This is for ME!
  • hp0404
    hp0404 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So excited today I weighed and since last wednesday I have lost 14.5 lbs!!!! I felt like jumping a mtn:)
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Youre not alone! I'm here!!! 197 lbs total to lose! feel free to add me! I can always use more support!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm in the 100lbs or more club! I've already lost a bunch though, thanks to MFP. Don't worry, you can do it! :)
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm here too. According to BMI, I should lose about 150, but I am thinking 125 would be just fine. Good luck and stay with it. Takes time and effort, but it is SO worth it. Feel free to add me.