Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10'' and around 230 right now. You're definitely not alone. This site is fantastic for support as well as the logging. I hope you find great friends here and have a fantastic journey! Feel free to friend me if you'd like. :smile:
  • sweetazcandi524
    sweetazcandi524 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    im new here n runnin across message boards, and meeting new people. anyone is welcome to add me im lookin for all the friends and motivation i can get/give!
    CW 265
    GW 165 or less. time will tell.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Suttonking
    Options
    I'm 5 "7.5 and I started at 223 pounds! I'm currently 179. You can do it! :smile: Add me if you'd like!
  • deeclane
    deeclane Posts: 1
    Options
    I am starting at 237 and I am only 5'4". I used this program a few years ago and had great success. I could kick myself in the butt for going back to my old habits and putting the weight back on. This is a wonderful site and it will help you get to your goal. Good luck!!
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 282 lbs. And I'm 5'3".

It can be done.
  • Kimbofam5
    Kimbofam5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie too. I'm 5'5, starting at 240lbs. A mother of 5 kids, and I weighed less than this giving birth to any of them. Let's see, I quit smoking and got married lol. I got comfortable. Now, I want to enjoy my life with the ones I love. I'm loving the app for the android and being able to scan everything I eat is amazing...I look at every Nutrition label and it is so motivating. I feel like I'm starving to death...lol j/k...but i'm not gonna be a quitter. :) - Kim
  • INGSA
    INGSA Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi all! I'm having problems with the "sync" function. When I update my weight daily (I know it's ridiculous, but it is part of my morning routine and I can't stop it), it does not "announce" in my daily diary on the home page. Sometimes it says I need to connect to the internet, which I am! So frustrating! Can anybody help please? Thanks! INGRID
  • SandiD146
    SandiD146 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm there...I don't even know how I got this heavy, except having kids kinda makes everything I used to do seem like a distant memory! (Cyclist)

Well, here I am....and I'm all in. I joined my local Run/Walk Fitness group....love them!
    On Leap Day I joined the gym...for cold/wet/rainy/snowy mornings. (Cuz I'm a wimp!)

I know I've done ok so far....not that I haven't fallen off the wagon.....but someone I had not seen in 5 mos said "Hey, what are you doing? You look younger!" Woo Hoo!

Don't discourage you are staring here.....one foot in front of the other, and the hardest part is getting out the door!
    And you are still ahead of those sitting on the couch!

:D Have a day!
  • SandiD146
    SandiD146 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    oh I'm 5-6, and started at 253. I can't tell you where I am now, just that I don't have to lie down on the bed to zip up my jeans! :D
  • arkansascountrygirl
    arkansascountrygirl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am starting out at 220 pounds. just began . you are welcome to add me also if you would like.
  • INGSA
    INGSA Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow, Well done!! Very inspirational indeed!
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I started MFP at 249 and I'm 5'8". I'm currently on blood pressure and cholesterol medication. We eat most of our dinners away from home. Eating out makes controlling calories and sodium intake more challenging. While everyone else is looking at the menu, I'm looking at MFP to figure out what I can eat. I'm hoping to stick with this for life and get off the medications.

Please feel free to add me.
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started at 230 lbs. Anyone is welcome to add me - we can lose this weight together!
  • PetersonMatthew
    Options
    Started at 222 and at 178 now. Would like to hit 165-170 range.
  • lauraannmartinez
    Options
    Well, I am 5'5" and 287 so I have a lot farther to go so definately don't feel alone. My mother started at 250 at 5'3" too. I would be happy to add you as my friend but i do not know how to do it. I'm new to the site and havent explored much.
    :happy:
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I joined the site I was at 260lbs, but when I finally decided enough was enough I was 276. I am 5'9. You're surely not alone. There are a lot of us out here. Wishing you great success in this journey.
  • revadiana
    revadiana Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started at 230+. Just keep chipping at it and be patient. As long as you're consistent, you'll be successful. Good Luck!
  • retain_some_hope
    Options
    I'm 5ft11 and started last week at 227.7. I have set my long term goal ... to be 160lbs. It seems really daunting to have to lose almost 70lbs, so i am going to try and set myself some smaller goals to help motivate me. Goal number 1 is to hit 214lbs, because for my height this should take me out of the 'obese' category and into the 'overweight'. Most of my friends are in the ideal weight range for their height, so it would seem laughable to them that i would celebrate being overweight.

It's encouraging to see that many people have lost as much or more weight than i plan to lose. Proves that with hard work and dedication, it is not impossible. I have delayed getting fit for so long because 70lbs to lose felt too overwhelming. Seeing how well other people have done has really inspired me :happy:
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I just feel like I'm the only one who is starting from such a high number. Is anyone else in the 200's? I'd love to be able to talk, share, and support each other through our weight loss! Just so you know, I'm 5'9" and 236 lbs. (:

-Gabby

I'm 5'9" I started @ 255 last summer now 168! U can do it! It won't be easy but so worth it!
  • Free2BeFitJourney
    Options
    HI Gabby!

You are not alone! I am 29, 5'8'' and started at 245 lbs. I am currently at 232 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get around 165 lbs, but I take it 10% at a time. I reached my first goal 2 weeks ago and my next goal is 220 lbs. I haven't been 220 lbs in over 3 years, so I am super excited about reaching this goal. Setting smaller goals has kept me motivated and makes working out more fun. If you think only about your ultimate goal then losing weight will seem impossible. Keep to it and remember, you only regret the workouts you don't do!

I am new to this site and I live in Germany, but I would love to hear back from people about success stories and even their struggles. If it were easy, everyone would do it!

Shena