Black Team Week 11

Options
So I was PM'd the other day and was given a request for a challenge and I thought it was great.

We are to post something here everyday about the positive things we have done for the day.

Here is mine. I passed my math class with a 77% and I actually saw 169 today!! YAY ME!!

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey Sam that is a really good request. As I sit here thinking about anything I have done today that was positive not much is coming to mind. One thing I did do is take up for a Lady I work with that is a very very hard worker. So guess that could be positive.

On another note, I have spent my evening not so well. Was glad to be home from work, the I got yelled out and it really hurt my feelings and made me mad and I cussed and got up and walked out. So needless to say I have spent my evening crying. And to top it off my cat has been missing for 2 days so that didn't help with the crying spell. I sit here still with tears in my eyes and my nerves are shot so I finally broke down and took a nerve pill. Had a prescription for them but never took them. I can't handle much more this evening.

I am hoping you are all doing well. Sorry to come here and vent. I have felt like I was finally doing good with the scale moving and me eating better and moving more too and then everything seems to fall on my head. I know it isn't the end of the world and it could be worse so I am off of here to get some much needed rest. Have a great night everyone!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Today I got "unstubborn" and went to both the Doc and the Chiro.
    That is all.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Sam- Congrats on both counts...YOU GO GIRL!

Renae- I'm sorry you're so upset. Hopefully you'll feel better after you've had some time to relax.

Hmmm...positive things?

*Bought my mom's birthday card
    *Managed to stay out of Trader Joe's when I stopped for gas on the way home
    *Bought a new pair of capri pants from NY & Company...they were originally 36.95 and I waited til they went on sale and paid 14.99 today!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dave and I were talking about losing weight tonight and I had a mini meltdown.

I now have 2 or 3 pairs of size 4 jeans that fit well. I wear XS shirts, when I try most size small shirts on at the store, they're baggy. The other day I went to Kohl's and tried on a pair of size 2 dress pants that zipped, buttoned, and didn't give me a muffin top. Yet, I still feel fat.

I wore contacts today instead of my usual glasses and Dave said without my glasses on, he can see my face has gotten really thin.

I look at my wedding picture from 2 years ago when I wore a size 10 and I think I looked fat.

Lately I've been obsessing over my weight. I look in the mirror and don't see my collarbone sticking out or the area in between my bewbs looking bony. I look at the "fat" I see on my hips and below my belly button. And whenever I eat, I feel guilty. Not just when I eat badly. Today I had 2 cups of grapes and was still hungry so I made 2 pb&j's with natural pb and whole wheat bread and I felt guilty. I understand if I'd eaten half a cake by myself. But I shouldn't feel guilty eating healthy. I either feel guilty or I still feel so hungry after I'm done eating.

Dave said he doesn't want me feeling guilty about eating and be so obsessed with losing that I'm not happy. We talked about it and I decided to give the dieting a rest for a little bit. I switched my goal to maintenance. I've done that before but freaked out being scared of gaining weight so I'd switch it back after only a day or 2. Dave wants me to go a week without counting calories too but I said I need to ease into it. I'm home with a computer all day. If I try to avoid logging now, I'll just obsess over numbers in my head. So I'm gonna start with the higher calories and try to work into it.

This isn't really listing something postive like Sam said to but I needed to just get it out there. Thanks for reading my "book". I :heart: my black team!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey black team!

well, today my parents came to visit, and i found out my mom has been doing weight watchers for the past 2 weeks! i'm so glad, cause she's always down about her weight, and i hope that seeing me lose 47 lbs has inspired her a little bit. i'm headed to mass next friday for a week to see my sister i haven't seen in over a year, and my best friend i haven't seen since last may, so i'm hoping for some good reactions. have a good night, friends, i'm off to bed :heart:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey-- ran for the first time since Saturday-- woot woot!!!!

Busy week with Sarah competing. Very sad to have her knocked out, in such a disappointing fashion-- but, my standard chaos has resumed-- and I flourished today.

Spent time with the kids, cleaned my desk, filed months of bills and ran three miles.

That should take care of the next three days of positives-- ha.

Later, my friends--

God bless us all this day!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Missed this last night. Yesterday, went to the gym, finally worked my legs, which I've been avoiding. Did yard work, took care of hubs who has some serious back issue, he can't move, helped DD clean her room- like really clean it.

Off to take DH to doctor. Poor man!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Positives!
    (and y'all know I love me some proud moments:wink: 0

yesterday-I took the day off work to get to a doctor. his diagnosis is mild asthma brought on by enviromental toxins. In essence, my lungs close up when I come near perfume. Might not seem positive to you, but it was an affiramation that I aint crazy for me!!

My friends and family look at me crazy when I tell them I cant go into a place because of the smells in the air. Or get into their car if they just spritz the cologne. Now I know it is real, and I have a inhaler to help me when I have an attack.

today-I went to the gym at 7am to be abused by a beautiful, muscular short lady:grumble: :grumble:
    My trainer is awesome and got me a sweet deal for 12 sessions. Last time I lost 4% body fat or near to it. This time it is about that last 8 freaking pounds..........I told her size 6 or 10 pounds and she gets a bonus!

I did everything she told me to do.......and added 1 to each challenge!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I now have 2 or 3 pairs of size 4 jeans that fit well. I wear XS shirts, when I try most size small shirts on at the store, they're baggy. The other day I went to Kohl's and tried on a pair of size 2 dress pants that zipped, buttoned, and didn't give me a muffin top. Yet, I still feel fat.

I wore contacts today instead of my usual glasses and Dave said without my glasses on, he can see my face has gotten really thin.

I look at my wedding picture from 2 years ago when I wore a size 10 and I think I looked fat.

Lately I've been obsessing over my weight. I look in the mirror and don't see my collarbone sticking out or the area in between my bewbs looking bony. I look at the "fat" I see on my hips and below my belly button. And whenever I eat, I feel guilty. Not just when I eat badly. Today I had 2 cups of grapes and was still hungry so I made 2 pb&j's with natural pb and whole wheat bread and I felt guilty. I understand if I'd eaten half a cake by myself. But I shouldn't feel guilty eating healthy. I either feel guilty or I still feel so hungry after I'm done eating.

Dave said he doesn't want me feeling guilty about eating and be so obsessed with losing that I'm not happy. We talked about it and I decided to give the dieting a rest for a little bit. I switched my goal to maintenance. I've done that before but freaked out being scared of gaining weight so I'd switch it back after only a day or 2. Dave wants me to go a week without counting calories too but I said I need to ease into it. I'm home with a computer all day. If I try to avoid logging now, I'll just obsess over numbers in my head. So I'm gonna start with the higher calories and try to work into it.

This isn't really listing something postive like Sam said to but I needed to just get it out there. Thanks for reading my "book". I :heart: my black team!

Hi Lori, sorry your feeling so down. Your mind hasn't had a chance to catch up with your body. Keep exercising and find some joy in the new you.

Pick a focal point on your body that you love....not just like....LOVE:love:

Everytime you look in the mirror, first focus on this spot. Mine is my arms. I make a muscle and feel it...smile and know I have worked my butt off for that muscle.

I have a long way to go and have a fluffy pillow smack dab in the center of my body...I hate it.......but I love the muscles in my calves much much more.

You will work through this.

One thing though......check into going from high deficit to maint. cals all at once. Banks wrote a book (teehee) about adding 100-200 a day for a few weeks. The body may react to instantly getting an addl 1000 calories a day. It all depends on your deficit.

Mine was like 800 cals a day and when I ate maint for the 1st week I gained. So add them back slowly:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, positive things...well maybe just my whole past few days have been positive...?:laugh: Seriously though, I do find something positive in every single day somewhere along the day:flowerforyou:

Not much time right now, gotta get my doggy to the vet, myself to a Drs appt for a B12 shot, then some shopping and bills to pay, then tonight.....GRETCHEN WILSON!!!!:drinker: :wink: Have a great Friday everyone:heart:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options

Lori - Hugs honey. I don't want to sound cliche, but I do know what you're going through and how you feel. I'm very proud of you for recognizing this and I am proud of Dave too for being so darn supportive. You recognized that you're having a problem and you are taking steps to help yourself. Please feel very positive about that.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hmmm, positive things...well maybe just my whole past few days have been positive...?:laugh: Seriously though, I do find something positive in every single day somewhere along the day:flowerforyou:

Not much time right now, gotta get my doggy to the vet, myself to a Drs appt for a B12 shot, then some shopping and bills to pay, then tonight.....GRETCHEN WILSON!!!!:drinker: :wink: Have a great Friday everyone:heart:

Roni, you should have your av shot and the one in your profile with the yellow shirt as your before and afters.

Girl you look 10 years younger and 100x healthier!!

I am so proud of your accomplishments!

Oh and have fun at the concert:drinker:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,929 Member
    Options
    I finally made it to our local farmers market last night. Didn't get anything besides 2 onions. But, when I got back, we walked to FILs to look at our garden. Early corn is ready. Picked 6 ears for dinner tonight. Tomatoes and cucumbers will be ready soon. I'm guessing the taters still have a couple weeks. Fairly small yet. Can't tell if we missed any onions or not. Weeds have overgrown those two rows. :( Didn't do what we needed to there obviously. I'd love to find some nice, big onions.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team,

My postivie for the day is you know that my dad is visiting from Ga this week wednesday i gave in and had pizza bufftet,

Yesterday i walked 8.5 miles and burned 625 calories and I made the family homemade cookies and homemade eggrolls and flautas (mexican taquitos) and I didnt eat any of them I at my cauliflower and chicken and banana. And just to let you know homemade chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite.

My friend who is doing WW came over yesterday and said Tamara you have more will power then I had, I said why is that she said lets look at what on your table alone

* 2 dozen Dunkin Donuts
    * Bag of tootsie pops
    * I bag of ande mints
    * 12 dozen chocolate chips cookies
    * Chocoalte pop tarts
    and * eggs rolls

And I never touch any of it, She said dosent it tempt you I said I have been doing it so long it does not even phase me anymore.

My postitive for today Friday, I walked 7.5 miles today and going to get a pedicure and let my 4 year old get her nails painted.

I hope my whole black team has a great day!!!!!!!!!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Lori, hang in there. You and Dave are an awesome family and you are going to get through this together!

My positive for the day is that I am going to have a wonderful weekend at the lakes, biking, hiking and eating! LOL.
    This week has been an anything I want to eat week, will get back on it next week. Let's see if my second Marla can go away!

Thinking of you guys while I am out there having fun!

Lynnie
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I finally made it to our local farmers market last night. Didn't get anything besides 2 onions. But, when I got back, we walked to FILs to look at our garden. Early corn is ready. Picked 6 ears for dinner tonight. Tomatoes and cucumbers will be ready soon. I'm guessing the taters still have a couple weeks. Fairly small yet. Can't tell if we missed any onions or not. Weeds have overgrown those two rows. :( Didn't do what we needed to there obviously. I'd love to find some nice, big onions.

sounds yummy:love:

I love fresh picked foods. When I went to MIL a few years back in TN I went out of our way to a farm to pick fresh veggies.

I cooked dinner and we had a great time. The entire time my MIL:grumble: I dont taste no difference.:grumble: dont see why ya gotta go to the country for food

:laugh: :laugh: Funny as heck!! The corn was my favOrite........mmmmmmm no butter needed:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lori- self body image is ver hard, I understand. At some point you have to tell yourself to be happy with what you have. You are still young, you are small, enjoy it. I wish I would have done this years ago. Now there are things that will never.... well, just never. It is what it is. Enjoy what you have, try telling yourself everyday that you are NOT fat.... over time you will start to believe it. Our minds are amazing things.

Jeannie- I wouldn't have thought you were crazy about the smells. I avoid perfume like the plague. Even Andrew's chain of stores kill me. I won't walk down a candle isle, I won't go near a perfume counter, I get pissed when DH decides to spray smelly **** throughout the house or puts those little trees in my car. I can't stand it when somebody beside me at the gym comes in reeking of perfume, cologne or hairspray. My family looks at me like I've got horns too! It gives me a headache and makes me feels bad. I'm glad you got something to help you. Funny but one day after DH decided to Febreeze half the house I told him I would rather smell farts! It's easier on my smeller.

Lynnie- hope you enjoyed your whatever week. I've had a whatever month.....:blushing:

Alright off to the pharmacy to get DH's meds to give him relief.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Jeannie-- my husband is the same way with the perfumes-- although, he seems to be a bit better.

Years ago he made a real, uh, stink about it. Even went so far as to force me to tell my visiting mother, who positively bathes in Estee Lauder Youth Dew (hasn't worked-- ha) that she needs to bag the perfume during her visit. I wanted to die. She was totally ticked-- but, what was I to do?

Funny, though-- back in 1993, he and I were performing Handel's Messiah with a church choir-- I was SOOO excited. Here I was, practicing with these hoity-toity choir people and musicians from Princeton, New Jersey-- la-di-da-- all of whom were real, live musicians, sight-readers of music, et cetera-- and me. It was my first ever experience singing with a choir, one of the most difficult pieces of music out there.

They couldn't believe I didn't read music, 'cause I was right there with 'em all-- thank God for good pitch and an anal retentive memory--

BUT-- here's the funny, perfumy part--

The night of the performance arrives. Men in black tie, women in white blouse, black skirt-- very formal, very professional. Here am I, a lowly mother of three kids at the time, all excited for her first gig, and a night out to boot--

So I get all dolled up, hair all pretty, make up that I used to wear at the time (hush, David) and as my last act of primping, I squirt a bit of my "signature fragrance," Opium down my blouse. There-- sighhh-- I'm all ready to go.

We get in my teeny-tiny Mitsubishi Tredia for the 35 minute ride to the church and off we go. Keith starts to "Ahem," and snort and sniff and looks at me-- "What did you put on?"

"Oh, just a spritz of Opium."

Oh my-- the hullabaloo-- you woulda thought he was in the car with Pepe Le Pew--

You people and your allergies-- :noway: :laugh:

Today I can get away with it-- he's a kinder and gentler General Patton-- but, I'm lucky he didn't throw my butt alongside Route 1 in Princeton--

Later my friends--
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie-- my husband is the same way with the perfumes-- although, he seems to be a bit better.

Years ago he made a real, uh, stink about it. Even went so far as to force me to tell my visiting mother, who positively bathes in Estee Lauder Youth Dew (hasn't worked-- ha) that she needs to bag the perfume during her visit. I wanted to die. She was totally ticked-- but, what was I to do?

Funny, though-- back in 1993, he and I were performing Handel's Messiah with a church choir-- I was SOOO excited. Here I was, practicing with these hoity-toity choir people and musicians from Princeton, New Jersey-- la-di-da-- all of whom were real, live musicians, sight-readers of music, et cetera-- and me. It was my first ever experience singing with a choir, one of the most difficult pieces of music out there.

They couldn't believe I didn't read music, 'cause I was right there with 'em all-- thank God for good pitch and an anal retentive memory--

BUT-- here's the funny, perfumy part--

The night of the performance arrives. Men in black tie, women in white blouse, black skirt-- very formal, very professional. Here am I, a lowly mother of three kids at the time, all excited for her first gig, and a night out to boot--

So I get all dolled up, hair all pretty, make up that I used to wear at the time (hush, David) and as my last act of primping, I squirt a bit of my "signature fragrance," Opium down my blouse. There-- sighhh-- I'm all ready to go.

We get in my teeny-tiny Mitsubishi Tredia for the 35 minute ride to the church and off we go. Keith starts to "Ahem," and snort and sniff and looks at me-- "What did you put on?"

"Oh, just a spritz of Opium."

Oh my-- the hullabaloo-- you woulda thought he was in the car with Pepe Le Pew--

You people and your allergies-- :noway: :laugh:

Today I can get away with it-- he's a kinder and gentler General Patton-- but, I'm lucky he didn't throw my butt alongside Route 1 in Princeton--

Later my friends--

LOL. Pepe Le Pew! I understand!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

Oh man, I just went blank trying to think of positives LOL

I got some really good work in today. Wrote some code that worked really well and fixed a report that's been bugging me for months.

I stayed within my calorie range.

I kissed and hugged my kids and told them I loved them.

I didn't spit on anyone, blow up on anyone or flip anyone off (oh wait...there was that one guy...but he doesn't count :laugh: ).

It's been a pretty good day :happy:

Take care my Black Team friends!