Fashion show at the gym??????

Options

Replies

• RainAndPain
    Options
    Heck, I hardy get dressed to go to the mall. Why would I do that for the gym? I don't need to put on make up and buy a cute sports bra to work my butt off. (:
  • knittermom07
    knittermom07 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure I don't have drool on my face or snot, then I spray my hair with water and pat it down, I have a pixie cut, then head out. Thats about it, I try to remember that even though I am at the gym I will still be in contact with other people and if I look like a complete mess what does that say about me. It takes 5 minutes tops to get ready for the gym but I make them quality minutes. So yes and no...
  • mrsfoose
    mrsfoose Posts: 59
    Options
    I workout to sweat like a maniac. I'm a pretty big sweater so I usually end up looking like a hot mess by the end, but I feel good so that's all that matters to me. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't stink (that much) so if someone is offended by my sweaty shirt and horrendous hair that's their issue, not mine. I'd rather look awesome in my clothes than look hot at the gym.
  • Msmeggie85
    Options
    I have to say I like my clothes to match- at work, for a night out, and at the gym. If I buy a new outfit its gonna match but its not to impress anyone. Its for my own self image. If you like it go ahead and look!!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    sweaty chicks r sexy. no matter what they wear o.0
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't wear make up, and I sweat buckets, but yes I still wear cute work out clothes. Why? I really don't know! Maybe because they make your body look better when you're working out.

I haven't actually gone to a gym in a long time though.
  • Alaskanchic3
    Options
    I go tot he gym on campus and I can't even begin to tell you how many girls go dressed to a T. The best part is, the sit there stretching the entire time! Gym is about sweating! Working out! Making yourself feel good! Do Something!
    As for me, I'm in any old shorts and tshirt I can find and I'm drenched in sweat by the time I leave. I'm not trying to impress anyone!
  • dancing_cat
    dancing_cat Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I get my gym kit and work clothes ready the night before an early morning gym session because I have to catch such an early train to go to the gym that if I miss my train then I'll have to wait half an hour for the next one! Cos I'm chosing my clothes the night before they do tend to co-ordinate yes - I wouldn't say fashion show. My gym is close to my workplace too so I never know who I mind bump into and it doesn't hurt to be sweaty but otherwise presentable if I bump into a colleague/manager during my workout!
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't put a ton of thought into how I look at the gym, but I do know that if I at least feel comfortable in what I'm wearing (like, I could go to the store after and not feel ridiculous), I tend to be more confident about what I can do. It's a weird mindset thing, and I kinda understand why some people primp first, but I'm just not one of them.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    . . . but I do know that if I at least feel comfortable in what I'm wearing (like, I could go to the store after and not feel ridiculous), I tend to be more confident about what I can do. It's a weird mindset thing . . .

^^THIS^^
    I pretty much always wear black on black on black but it's not about matching it's because I'm too self concious to wear color lol. Black doesn't show how much I sweat (which is a LOT) as much. The usual for me is capri running tights with running shorts over them (because I'm self concious about my butt and thighs in tights alone but track pants are too hot to work out in . . ) and a semi form fitting moisture wicking tee (because I'm too self conscious about my arms for a tank top but can't run in a "baggy" tee . . ). Neurotic as all that is, those are the parameters in which I feel the LEAST self concious and thus comfortable to work out at the gym . . . I shouldn't care what anyone else thinks but I can't help it. That's just how I am so that's the process I need to go through to get it done. ::shrug::
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure I would get some type of infection if I tried to workout in make-up. My eyes burn if I have old mascara/eyeliner on from the day before.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    If your hair and makeup still looks hot after a workout you did not give it your all.

Mine does. And I bust my *kitten*

Then Kudos to you! :) I have yet to find a way to have my hair look anything but a hott mess when i'm done working out.
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i'm a sweaty disgusting mess when i leave why bother putting any effort into how i look when i get there, it's just going to get ruined anyway...
    denise

^^^THIS^^^
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I think it is funny on one hand several people complain about stinky people, then on the other hand people complain about people that took some effort to get ready.

Yeah I have taken showers before I go to the gym, yeah I have put a little bit of cologne on. Not enough to kill anyone with but, I dont want to blast body odor on the poor girl next to me on the elliptical ...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    F**k YEAH. LOL It just adds to the motivation. If you go in there looking your best you imagine yourself looking hotter and hotter in that HOTT clothes. To me getting ready to go anywhere, even the gym is part of the motivation process. I realize some people don't find that to be true or necessary, but those girls look like cover girls for a reason.

Work out clothes is designed not only to enhance your appearance but for breath-ability (sweat). In the end the serious athlete invests and wears the best gear. It really does make a difference.

PS. Don't hate. Appreciate. Also, agreed. Don't focus on what other people are doing or wearing unless they get all up in your face.
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at the end of the day, so I already have makeup on anyway. Meh. I like buying cute workout clothes though because I feel like it motivates me more.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am at the gym for 4:45 AM. No makeup. Jogging capris and t-shirt... NO makeup and hair is up in a pony tail that was washed and dried the night before... I look like a mess after working my butt off. I mean, if you wanna workout looking your best, more props to you. What gets me are the people that talk on the phone while "exercising" or texting. I'm sorry, I push myself so darn hard that I could hardly hold a conversation with a fellow gym member. I have to be "in the zone."
  • elliejmoore
    elliejmoore Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have told me that single people do go to the gym to find a partner - so maybe thats why they're all preened... Im the same as u - hair pulled back, tshirt and trackies on, puffing and sweating like i could pass out at any minute....xx
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I am way too paranoid about my skin soaking in foundation and hair spray to "prep" myself for the gym.
    I don't want to sweat and get my body in shape and then have acne!! hahah

Annnnd, I hate the way tight clothes feel when your working out.
    So you can imagine my image.

No makeup, hair up in a bun, big t-shirt, and some sweat pants.
    I'm ready to burn.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I love cute workout clothes.

V337455_RC496.jpg

I go to the gym at the end of the day after work...so makeup is still on....oh well...to each their own.