may as well just sit on my bum

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    what is the point to exercise if you have to eat the cals burnt back?, may as well sit on my bum, do nothing and enjoy the cals
    ^ THIS is why people think you don't exercise. You later stated that you do, but this stongly implies to intend to stop as you "might as well sit on your bum".

Do you intend to exercise or not?
    Do you intend to eat back your calories or not?

After 11 pages of advice, what is your conclusion?

yes I intend to continue with my exercise plan
    no I dont intend to eat back all my cals but will eat extra should I feel hungry enough to and certainly if a party or other special occasion would not feel guilty or deprive myself one bit
    I will however take on board those polite and reasonable comments but totally dis regard anyone who has bullied me on here as if they can bully then their comments account for nothing.
    if you read I have infact thanked those who have been sticking to the advice rather than add sarky comments and childish pictures
    At the end of the day what works for some may not work for others

You're welcome
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Do you do any exercising? Like maybe line dance or something?

Yes. Maybe you should try line dancing or a little bit of strength training.
  • Stuartm1
    Stuartm1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not sure about everyone else but I've lost the will to live now!!! I intend to keep exercising and eating back some or all exercise calories and keep the 60 pounds I've lost off. We all have our own way, if it works for you go with it, if not try something else and above all don't get upset when people have a bit of fun :laugh:
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    This is an observation from being a forum-geek for over a dozen years.

You get what you give. You're continuing to focus on the negative posts and bumping this back up, while giving no indication that you read or understood any of the posts from those, like myself, who tried to explain the reason calories are added when you exercise and the importance of eating them. You might give a little "thanks to those who haven't been mean old bullies," but that's STILL giving more focus to the negative.

How about throwing a little bone to those of us who've tried to help? Some indication that what we said either made sense to you or didn't make sense to you?

Because, personally, I'm so amazed at the success I've had following the guidelines set by this site, and I want to see others have the same sort of success.

^^^^^
    Can't help but agree, sorry, but I've read most of this post and have found some really helpful positive information, so I thank everyone who took the time to explain :flowerforyou:

without concentrating on the negatives then, read through again I HAVE thanked those who have made valid points but sadly its tthe sarlky and nasty pictures that draw away from all the good being said, IVE SAID again that I will take things on board but seems these comments are being over looked
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    IF ANYONE WISHES TO CONTINUE BULLYING AND SLAGGING ME OFF THEN DO IT BUT AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED IVE THANKED FOR GOOD POINTS TAKEN POINTS ON BOARD AND SO HAVE NO REASON TO COME BACK TO THIS TOPIC

from my point of view THE END
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It's almost like nobody has heard of a troll before. 12 pages of comments later, people should recognize that they've been trolled by the OP. Her question was answered in the first page of comments, yet the discussion somehow continued. How many times must a person be told the answer to a question?
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Exercise is meant to keep your muscle mass in shape AND to improve your heart and lung functions (at least, for me, that's the point of cardio and strength training).

For some weight loss is about being HEALTHY, not just being slim and those who want to be healthy should look at exercise as an added necessary challenge.

Plus, I like being able to eat 1500 instead of 1300 on exercise days. :) It's a nice break.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    It's almost like nobody has heard of a troll before. 12 pages of comments later, people should recognize that they've been trolled by the OP. Her question was answered in the first page of comments, yet the discussion somehow continued. How many times must a person be told the answer to a question?

As many times as it takes to drive the point home? :)
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The reason some people are being a little less than nice is;

1. Whether you meant to or not, your OP had a lot of attitude in it. If we could picture you saying it you'd have your hand on your hip and rolling your eyes.

2. You don't want to listen to any helpful information we are trying to give you. You've decided that eating E calories back is stupid and that's that.

3. You're helping to spread bad information. When I first started here, I also asked (asked, not made a post just to let all of MFP know what I was going to do) if we should eat back the calories we burn. Many people gave me excellent explanations as to why we should eat them back which I was grateful for. It then made sense to me, I just had to clarify to make sure I was doing it right. However if I were a newbie today asking this question, I would be so confused because every other person argues to the death that you shouldn't eat them back. What you choose to do is your life and no there is no law that says you have to do it.....but people who come here that genuinly want to follow the program the correct way, the way the program was designed need to get the correct information. Eating E calories back will NOT make you gain weight, it will NOT make you maintaine weight. If you want to following the program the way it was meant to be followed, you SHOULD eat your E calories back.

Well said!!!!

12908857.png
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Of course if you are training for specific athletic goals like running a marathon, or are in good physical condition then replacing your energy with carbs is important. thus the reason runners carbo load for a run. I am addressing the average overweight sedentary person.

For someone engaged in a heavy lifting routine (like myself) do you think that taking in some carbs post workout is a 'good' idea to aid in recovery, even if they are overweight (as I am, working on cutting now)? I guess that was the part that surprised me about your comment, and I would appreciate your opinion in that regard. Definitely understandable if your statement wasn't targeted at someone engaged in the sorts of activities that I am.

Yes im down to my last 4lbs to lose ( 78 lbs so far) and have ate a diet high in carbs the entire time because of my lifting program. I would definately eat some carbs after your workout and eat ATLEAST one gram of protein for every lb. of body weight. ( You should always drink a whey protein shake or food that is high in protein within 30 minutes of finishing your workout)
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I used to eat all my calories back like you...

Then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    ooooo see what happens when you try to be nice !

Oh well you can only please some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of the time

That's my last comment on the subject because I don't have room in my world for this !
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-clean.png
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options

Best post in this thread. You win.
  • missbaker89
    missbaker89 Posts: 245
    Options
    fed up of repeating myself as no-one reads it anyway but I DO EXERCISE JUST WANTED TO KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF EATING THOSE CALS BACK

I actually have seen it with my own yes, I eat the calories back and for some reason, I lose more weight faster. I also just upped my calories by 200 and jump started my weight loss again.

I read on your profile where you would like to be able to walk with out being winded. I think weight should be the least of your worries, how about exercising so you can play with all 8 of those grandchildren? Or would you still rather just sit on on your bum?

Geesh, and they say Americans are fat and lazy.............

the last thing she does is sit on her bum, and she does play with her grandchildren.......she does not need someone like you to tell her to play with her grandchildren!!!!
  • dianediaz
    dianediaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Everyone's so angry. Calm down. Deep breath.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So many pages of nasty comments!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    815c4_ORIG-funny_animal_moments_15.jpg
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

In many cases we are able to edit out the posts that violate these guidelines, but unfortunately this particular thread has become too volatile to moderate efficiently.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.