How did every 1 gain weight

Options

Replies

• NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    My sweet tooth! It wasn't just one Fun-Size Snickers, it was the bag. It wasn't one scoop of ice cream, it was half the container! The only way I can successfully lose weight is to completely cut out sweets from my diet. One taste and I'll binge. It's ridiculous!
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i always loved food, and eating while parked in front of the tv meant i was chubby as a child. when i hit puberty, i had a (vertical) growth spurt that made my height catch up with my weight so i was skinny, but then i was put on an antidepressant that made me gain about 40lbs in the span of 3-4 weeks. (Zyprexa, if you wondered. it's notorious for this effect). and it kind of went downhill from there.
    i'm nearly at a point where i like my weight again, but my body is still wrecked from that huge rapid weight gain 13 years ago, i still have huge stretchmarks and stuff. it really, really sucks,
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    weed....
    mad munchies and laziness
  • cheesenbrats
    Options
    I like McDonald's, beer, BBQ, pizza, chicken wings (oh God I love chicken wings), and donuts. I hated working out at the same time. So it's kinda combo of those. Yeah...

I am with you on the chicken wings..Not sure what I will do without them come football season.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Eating more than I burned.
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    Two kids, yo-yo dieting, binging/starving, comfort eating...the usual.
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm a single dad and when my son was about 7, I worked full-time, had a crappy work commute into Boston and so it just seemed easier to do the drive-though instead of cooking healthy meals. I'm not blaming BK or McDs, I'm just saying that I chose to eat unhealthy.
  • courageous_cara
    courageous_cara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    By being in a relationship and getting comfortable....love weight.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    having kids and stress
  • briggsy13
    briggsy13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Had 3 babies in 4 1/2 years and thought it gave me the right to eat whatever I wanted while pregnant. Never lost the gains from the pregnancy before getting pregnant again so the weight just accumulated . Done having kids and want my pre-baby body back!!!
  • KelliMourer87
    Options
    I got pregnant and now my son is 5 months old, we moved 1200 away from family and friends (thank you US Navy LOL) and now I am a stay at home mom so I now I am not on my feet all day working my butt off, I will be soon though with the little one!
  • charlieduc
    charlieduc Posts: 108
    Options
    Well I can't even blame mine on kids because a month after I had my twins I was 40 lbs lighter than before I got pregnant. I would have to say my problem is stress and boredom eating.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Generally eating too much, having an unhealthy relationship with food, working in a pub and drinking excessively most nights
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Eating out too much, eating too much junk food, too much desserts, and sitting and watching too much tv! Plus having a kid, and gaining way more then I should have during pregnancy, and working a desk job.
  • bellstalker
    bellstalker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Christmas...
    I quit exercising & ate anything & everything! I would eat dips & chips, cookies, tarts & chocolates ... drink "Christmas Cheer" & just over indulge in all.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I dealt with my stress through eating and it is also how I dealt with my sister's constant insults.

But in the end I got myself where I am and I am getting myself back one pound and inch at a time :happy:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    Earthquake that hit Christchurch New Zealand Feb 22nd, 2011. Lost my house and job, began stress eating due to financial worries etc.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've always had an obesity problem. I've lost large amounts safely twice.. both times, the gain back was a slow and steady 10 pounds a year till I was 100 pounds or more over weight. Interesting, it only takes 96 excess calories consumed above what you use per day to gain 10 pounds per year... it happens so easy. I need to remember that when I get to my goal.. which is a loooong way off. Patience, right? Patience.. Perseverance... but above all, POSSIBLE!
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I love to look at food. I love to cook food. I love to eat food. I love to talk about food. Unfortunately a love for food can be dangerous to a person's health. Some people love art in the same way. Some love music. I love food! So now I'm trying to love it differently.
  • KnitChick89
    KnitChick89 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I done got knocked up.
    This!! :bigsmile:

Plus, after my last pregnancy, my husband was deployed so I'd lost the weight more quickly because I didn't have a husband buying me chocolate doughnuts all the freakin time! :mad: Lol!