Replies

• paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Choose better men :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    That may be your man, but it's not men. Don't blame all of us for the actions of whatever insensitive *kitten* you're with. Wise up and start choosing better partners.

This!

You have a choice in who you stay with. If someone treats you like crap, leave. Yes, even if you have kids. You can work it out so that neither you nor your children are miserable or being treated like dirt.

I also have a supportive hubby who loved my body when I was fat and now.
  • lifeinpink09
    lifeinpink09 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My ex didn't really like when I randomly lost 10/15 lbs on him. He said my body felt different in his arms. He loved the softness of my body and the way my hips curved. My new guy loves my current weight too. Women just need to find guys who love them for THEM but still caring enough about their wellbeing to speak up when it gets unhealthy.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    Don't generalize all men the same. I admit that i am shallow, but as a 20 year old, who isn't? but i have never treated my past girlfriends differently because they got fat, I don't think i would even treat my future wife any differently either. Some guys are just jerks
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    That may be your man, but it's not men. Don't blame all of us for the actions of whatever insensitive *kitten* you're with. Wise up and start choosing better partners.

:)
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Probably not a very popular point of view, but...

I see people (both men and women) let themselves go physically when they are in a relationship. It is showing a lack effort in the relationship. Sitting on the couch eating bon bons all day is basically a "*kitten* you, I already got you I don't need to work to keep you".

Now, of course having a kid or 10 is going to have some effect here and no one should get kicked to the curb for that. However, any good relationship takes effort to keep it going romantically. Whether that is renting a chick flick or getting you *kitten* on a treadmill... I think you get my point. If I noticed a significant other bending the floorboards, I think I would probably try to encourage them to participate in some outdoor physical activities with me. If they flat out refused and broke the bedframe, I would probably be out of there.

The preceding has been sound relationship advice from a chronically single male, please ignore.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

I see people (both men and women) let themselves go physically when they are in a relationship. It is showing a lack effort in the relationship. Sitting on the couch eating bon bons all day is basically a "*kitten* you, I already got you I don't need to work to keep you".

Now, of course having a kid or 10 is going to have some effect here and no one should get kicked to the curb for that. However, any good relationship takes effort to keep it going romantically. Whether that is renting a chick flick or getting you *kitten* on a treadmill... I think you get my point. If I noticed a significant other bending the floorboards, I think I would probably try to encourage them to participate in some outdoor physical activities with me. If they flat out refused and broke the bedframe, I would probably be out of there.

The preceding has been sound relationship advice from a chronically single male, please ignore.

a kid or 10... lol
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. My boyfriend is more in the "dont lose that *kitten*!" category.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options

I actually completely agree with this.
  • OregonNativ3
    Options
    It's not all men for sure. I've dated bigger girls, and skinny girls. I care more about their level of confidence in themselves then their actual appearance. I am naturally attracted to girls who look healthy, but I by no means treat a woman badly because of her size. To skinny is just as bad as heavily overweight in my mind, but all of this is less important than their attitude and confidence in themselves.

It's not just men though. ;) I've had a girlfriend who was 5'2 + 90 lbs tell me I was fat at 6'3" / 168 lbs (ribs showing all the way up on both sides). Some people are jerks, and some aren't.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Everyone judges everyone it's simple as that. Personally, I wouldn't take a second look at a fat man, if I'm not attracted to them sexually, it's not going to happen, it may be shady, but why not go for what you actually want?

Not all men are the same.. there are men who like skin and bones, there are men who like "the perfect body", there are men who love curves, and there are even men who like fat/obese woman.

Everyone has a different preference, not every guy wants to date a girl that has no junk in the trunk.

I've struggled with my weight for my entire life, but ever since I started dating at 14, i've ranged from 145-212 pounds, and I'm now 20, I've never had an issue picking up a guy, or dating men, because most of the men i've dated like what they see, whether I was thin... or thick. You're just not finding the right ones.

Personally, I think woman are more guilty of judging on outer appearance, we are vein creatures.
  • Danidelion
    Options
    In my experience, I've had many, many men over the years judge me because of my weight. However, i'm currently with a man that not only doesn't judge me for it, but embraces me for however I look. Heck, sometimes I'll ask him how in the world he can find me sexy and he'll ask me how I don't see that I am. It's astonishing lol. So, no, not all men are the same, and yes it does have to do with being with the right person and learning to love yourself. Yes, being healthy and taking care of yourself is definently important, but I am a firm believer, no matter how cliche it may sound, that you should love someone for them, despite their looks, if you want to help them get healthy then do so, but it should be about health, not outer appearance.Also, every guy I've dated has been thick, so honestly, I never really notice, because that's how I've always wanted to be seen, for who I am, not what the scale says. No joke lol.
  • KarenLue
    KarenLue Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't worry about my weight. He doesn't treat me differently when I'm overweight vs. skinny (the sex is better when I'm skinny but I think that is my own self confidence not him)....
    TRUE DAT!
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think once you love somebody, that doesn't matter as much. Love is more than just looks, that's lust, and we all can fall into lust, but not all of us can fall in love...
  • regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Calijur:
    you hit it on the nail coming from a man point of view. It is hard from a woman side. We have sooo much more to tackle than Men..taking care of home, kids, ,and work, all kids activities..and all extras.....But we do need to take care of ourselves for ourself and it never hurts to save a little care for our MAN!! HA HA....but MEN dont expect drastic changes sooo fast....Bear with us and dont STRESS us out!!!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Not all men are like this. I met my hubby when I weighed 165. After 6 years together and 2 pregnancies my highest weight was 218. I am down to 192ish. I can tell you that my hubby is more attracted to me than ever. Not gonna go into details but trust me his actions show it. haha. I think it just might be the men you are around. Sorry, gotta stick up for the good men on this one.
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    I think it's the men you have. I have been with my husband for 25 years (married for 23). When he met me I weighed 108 pounds. Throughout our marriage I have had 4 children and obviously my weight has been up and down. At my highest point I was just over 200 pounds. I currently hover between 135 and 140. My husband has never treated me any differently no matter what my weight was. If they truly love you, they aren't going to treat you different whether your fat or skinny.

I agree and im very similiar to you except i have 2 kids. I was 95-100lbs when my husband met me at 14. After we had our daughter i was still 100lbs then i had my son and gained some weight. After that i remianed around 135 for a little while and then gained even more. I was able to take it off but put some it back on. Through all this my husband still treated me the same no matter if i was overweight or not.
    I agree if they truly love you they wouldnt treat you any different.
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Please do not Stereo Type all "MEN" as inconsiderate Husbands because this is not true in my family . I'm sorry this is how you feel but just maybe you are feeling just a little insecure about you weight gain .
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    The only people who have told me that all men are like this are the men who are like that. :(
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't worry about my weight. He doesn't treat me differently when I'm overweight vs. skinny (the sex is better when I'm skinny but I think that is my own self confidence not him)....

same here!