"Thick" girls

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am going for thick...the first person who calls me a thick gal at the end of this process I will kiss their feet.

LOL! Me too. :D
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I think the term "solid" sounds better. Curvy with muscles and no jiggle! That's what I 'm going for!
    Well Said - Agree!

Ok that's my goal. To go back to being called "solid." Although "solid" was a little bigger than my goal is now. :D
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    To be honest, I hate "thick" as a compliment.
    My cousin who is QUITE overweight keeps talking about how "hot" she is because she's "thick'.
    I've tried talking to her about weightloss, and she keeps telling me to butt out of it, and she uses the excuse that guys think she's "thick and sexy". She's not. She would be SO BEAUTIFUL if she lost the weight. Not only for her looks, but for her health!
    I'm slightly superficial when it comes to being thin (BUT HEALTHY!), and if you're big-boned, there is nothing wrong with that. She already has a curvier figure (Mexican and Salvadorian..can be so sexy!), but her lifestyle makes her think that fat=thick=sexy.
    I wish there was a way to change her way of thinking about that, but sadly, she's stuck.
    In some parts of California it's better to be fat, I guess. Everyone there just consideres you "thick", and it's gross. No lie.
    Stupid cholos and cholas. (I can say that. I'm Mexican.) :]
  • scrappergirl333
    scrappergirl333 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well I will never be thick. I'm built more like the girl in black but that's ok because I married a black guy who doesn't like thick. My problem with the whole thick thing is that some people use it as an excuse to be overweight. I carry my weight in the middle some people carry their weight in their hips and thighs. I see so many women in the beauty salon who are clearly overweight but do nothing about it because guys call them thick (I.e., they have a big bootie and thick thighs). I just think sometimes people don't understand the difference between being "thick" and fit like the woman jogging, Beyonce, or Jennifer Hudson and being thick and overweight. I think this whole thick thing is contributing to the high levels of obesity in some communities (I.e., I don't need to loose weight because I am thick and only dog like bones kind of thinking)
  • tilliesmom9
    Options
    I think "thick" means women with naturally big legs, butts, and/or boobs. I am thick but right now I am also chubby. :( Workin' on it.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have always considered myself thick, when I wasn’t plainly fat that is, because I associate it with broad shoulders and thick legs. A fat stomach is not thick, that's a chubby girls out. ha! =)

I have never seen a thin body that can be considered thick. It's mainly from an Apple or Pear shape.
  • SoCaliBeachGirl1
    Options
    To be honest, I hate "thick" as a compliment.
    My cousin who is QUITE overweight keeps talking about how "hot" she is because she's "thick'.
    I've tried talking to her about weightloss, and she keeps telling me to butt out of it, and she uses the excuse that guys think she's "thick and sexy". She's not. She would be SO BEAUTIFUL if she lost the weight. Not only for her looks, but for her health!
    I'm slightly superficial when it comes to being thin (BUT HEALTHY!), and if you're big-boned, there is nothing wrong with that. She already has a curvier figure (Mexican and Salvadorian..can be so sexy!), but her lifestyle makes her think that fat=thick=sexy.
    I wish there was a way to change her way of thinking about that, but sadly, she's stuck.
    In some parts of California it's better to be fat, I guess. Everyone there just consideres you "thick", and it's gross. No lie.
    Stupid cholos and cholas. (I can say that. I'm Mexican.) :]

I agree with this. Some people that should get healthy hide behind the curvy/ thick label so they don't have to change. That's why I don't use that term of phrase. Because, the second I do, it gives me the excuse to be lazy. And, I don't want that, at least not for me.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    In the UK "Thick" means stupid but if it's pronounced "TICK" (street slang) it means good looking :smile:
  • ELee0517
    ELee0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My husband calls me "thick" because I have a thin waist, but my hips, butt & thighs are bigger....bottom heavy if you will. I hate it.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I hate that term. So many fat girls say "I'm sexy, I'm thick" when they're not they're just fat.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    I hate that term. So many fat girls say "I'm sexy, I'm thick" when they're not they're just fat.

This!! So many overweight women use this term to describe themselves.

I truthfully like to be called thick by a guy because it usually means fat @$$, nice thighs, hips. But at the same time its so wrongly used that sometimes im like :huh:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Amber rose is the baddest thick chick

z35ag.jpg