One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    "No offense, but"....

Basically means i'm about to say something that's going to piss you off but you can't get mad since I said that.
  • Cnsa143
    Cnsa143 Posts: 53
    Options
    I soooooo hate when someone says "You feel me?" NO I dont feel you shut up!

Or "WOW I didnt know she get down like that!" WOW AGAIN people just stop tallking you're hurting my ears!

Or even "To cut a long story short" Come on stupid your story was already LONG, saying that stupid phrase is making it longer

AND "My people will call your people" ALL IM SAYING IS IT IS ANNOYING!!!!

Also "It's not rocket science"

and "With all due respect" means you're about to piss me off, but you're going to soften the blow
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?

i meant a pound is a pound. and thats what i said. and it doesnt matter really what they use as a unit of measurement. any "unit" of muscle weighs the same, as that same "unit" of fat. they just take up different amounts of space. the phrase is flawed in that it does not clarify. and it drives me crazy.

I can guarentee a cup of fat and a cup of muscle do not weigh the same. That's like saying a cup of water and a cup of styrofoam weigh the same. In terms of the phrase, when you say "muscle weighs more than fat" the person is refering to volume and people get butt hurt but essentially it's true. Of course everyone knows that a pound of A is going to equal a pound of B.
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "same difference"

i HATE that.. doesnt make any sense!

Well, actually...

4-2=2
    5-3=2

So, 2 is actually the same difference.

Forgive me, I'm an accountant. :flowerforyou:

I HATE irregadless. :explode:

And when people want to take something out of the freezer to de-thaw. You either thaw it, or defrost it. If you de-thaw something are you re-freezing it?
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    "It's God's plan. Remember that God is in control..." Etc, etc, etc.

Yes, I fully believe that God is in control. I know that it's His plan. But sometimes I DON'T need a sermon. Sometimes I just need a friend who will let me just be upset. Just for a moment would you let me be human and cry and not throw religion in my face??

Amen! :laugh:
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    "No offense, but"....

Basically means i'm about to say something that's going to piss you off but you can't get mad since I said that.

it's always offensive when they say that...
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    How about "If I can do it, anyone can".
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    "I'm sorry you feel that way"

Because it basically translates to "I'm not sorry I did what I did, only that you responded so poorly". You might as well just keep that to yourself.

Ohhhh I gotta add this one to my list/tyrade.

Hate this too x
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    "Real women have curves".....no real women have lady parts and come in all shapes and sizes.
  • nancyturbide
    Options
    everything you said was ok until you stated that 13 yr olds are idiots....Remember you were 13 once...
  • meeulk
    Options
    This isn't really a "phrase" but I hate it when people tell me to "Smile". Unless you are taking a picture of me, do not tell me to smile. I am not some monkey in a cage that does tricks like smile on command. Maybe I'm having a really bad day and don't feel like smiling!

I also hate it when people say "Winning!" as a way of saying how awesome they are. Like "Just arrived at the beach. WINNING!"

UGH... my mom used to tell me to smile all the time... I don't want to smile all the time! I'm introverted! I just started telling people I'm not mad... I just have a natural frown.

"at the end of the day"... had to listen to my coworker use that one about 100 times a day until he moved on to "right on"... also annoying.

People that say "sick" or "ill" for something really awesome. Maybe I'm getting old but being either of those things is not awesome... except for Beastie Boys.. they can do no wrong... and they be illin'.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    everything you said was ok until you stated that 13 yr olds are idiots....Remember you were 13 once...

I know. That's how I know.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?

i meant a pound is a pound. and thats what i said. and it doesnt matter really what they use as a unit of measurement. any "unit" of muscle weighs the same, as that same "unit" of fat. they just take up different amounts of space. the phrase is flawed in that it does not clarify. and it drives me crazy.

I can guarentee a cup of fat and a cup of muscle do not weigh the same. That's like saying a cup of water and a cup of styrofoam weigh the same. In terms of the phrase, when you say "muscle weighs more than fat" the person is refering to volume and people get butt hurt but essentially it's true. Of course everyone knows that a pound of A is going to equal a pound of B.

i agree that a cup is a unit of measurement, but in terms of weight, it is not. it is NOT essentially true. the phrase, in and of itself, it NOT true. and i agree, that alot of people understand what this means, however, when posting on forums to newbs about muscle weighing more then fat, and thats why their scale numbers are up, not down, it is simply not resposible usage.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

i agree that a cup is a unit of measurement, but in terms of weight, it is not. it is NOT essentially true. the phrase, in and of itself, it NOT true. it would be essentially true and i agree, that alot of people understand what this means, however, when posting on forums to newbs about muscle weighing more then fat, and thats why their scale numbers are up, not down, it is simply not resposible usage.

Please use density muscle is 10% more dense than the majority of fats/lipids in your body...
  • yogamom16
    yogamom16 Posts: 114
    Options
    I hate it when people say "Even-no" instead of "Even though".

I also hate when people add an "s" the the end of a word for no reason. example- "I am going to Walmarts"... so does that mean you are going to multiple walmart stores? Or I hear a lot of the kids around here say "thats mines". Drives me crazy.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    juss sayin'...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just sayin, or don't mean to be ____ but....
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    "same difference"

i HATE that.. doesnt make any sense!

Well, actually...

4-2=2
    5-3=2

So, 2 is actually the same difference.

Forgive me, I'm an accountant. :flowerforyou:

I HATE irregadless. :explode:

And when people want to take something out of the freezer to de-thaw. You either thaw it, or defrost it. If you de-thaw something are you re-freezing it?

I agree. Same difference makes sense and I get really mad when people say it doesn't make any sense. I think they don't understand that things can be different but end up the same in the end, like in your example.
  • meeulk
    Options
    I cringe when I hear "My/your/his/her BAD",
    "Y'all",
    and when people are referred to as "folks", in order of which makes me cringe the most to the least.

As well, any kind of bad grammer...the worst offender being, "I seen..." when it should be "I saw..." Ugh!

And I also hate the "You should have..." My mother uses that all the time and it drives me CRAZY!!

Y'all, did you know that grammar is spelled with an 'a'?
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    It's a pet peeve of mine when people order the bread for their sandwich in a restaurant. And they are asked would you like white or wheat bread? What do they think the white bread is made out of,rice!!! They are both wheat!! Oh, I remember a girl saying to me that she was trying to get healthier and bought some "wheat rice." !!!! ? Well! I never hears of wheat rice!