One phrase that people say that make you CRAZY!

Options

Replies

• Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "Do want fries with ?" With what ?!?!?!
  • Moeblessings
    Options
    Can I ask you something?

Ummm is saying no going to keep you from asking me? Didn't think so, so just ASK! :grumble:
  • amysuespears
    Options
    "I'm sorry you feel that way"

Because it basically translates to "I'm not sorry I did what I did, only that you responded so poorly". You might as well just keep that to yourself.

totally agree!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Someone doing something half a$$ed and saying "it's good enough for who it's for".. what the crap is that?!?!?!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I've had people who are scientists by profession tell me counting calories was too hard....my head spins.
    "I can't count calories, its too hard"

LOL

Really?

Counting is hard? Then you are too lazy to get into better shape. Stay fat.

And stop asking me how to lose weight if you have no real interest in doing it. It drives me nuts to have the same people ask me over and over again.
  • RMBoncore
    RMBoncore Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When people say "Epic" and when they refer to food as "nom noms" That drives me nuts
  • Raivynsblood
    Raivynsblood Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Anything that involves the word "hubby"

"My hubby cooked me dinner today"

Makes him sound like a fat whale from a cartoon

i thought i was the only one who hated that word lol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Can I ask you something?

Ummm is saying no going to keep you from asking me? Didn't think so, so just ASK! :grumble:

I usually say, "You just did." Which is equally annoying, or maybe slightly more so.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    "real women have curves"
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?
    <snip>

i meant a pound is a pound. and thats what i said. and it doesnt matter really what they use as a unit of measurement. any "unit" of muscle weighs the same, as that same "unit" of fat. they just take up different amounts of space. the phrase is flawed in that it does not clarify. and it drives me crazy.

I can guarentee a cup of fat and a cup of muscle do not weigh the same. That's like saying a cup of water and a cup of styrofoam weigh the same. In terms of the phrase, when you say "muscle weighs more than fat" the person is refering to volume and people get butt hurt but essentially it's true. Of course everyone knows that a pound of A is going to equal a pound of B.

i agree that a cup is a unit of measurement, but in terms of weight, it is not. it is NOT essentially true. the phrase, in and of itself, it NOT true. it would be essentially true and i agree, that alot of people understand what this means, however, when posting on forums to newbs about muscle weighing more then fat, and thats why their scale numbers are up, not down, it is simply not resposible usage.

Please use density muscle is 10% more dense than the majority of fats/lipids in your body...
    <snip>

muscle is more dense, i agree. :smile:
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    " What? did you stop eating?!"

Yeah i dont like that one.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    St patty's day. ONly ev er heard it on mfp
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    "Word."

Makes me want to high five them in the face.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    this one was probably said already but "muscle weighs more than fat" NO it doesnt. a pound is a pound.
    Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, and that's exactly what people mean when they say that.

i say, say what you mean, and mean what you say. muscle does not weigh more. period.

It seems you are the one not saying what you mean. If you mean a pound doesn't weigh more than a pound, then say that. If someone else talks about fat and muscle why assume they have a pound of each or that they even use pounds as a unit of measurement? You do know what happens when you assume, right?

i meant a pound is a pound. and thats what i said. and it doesnt matter really what they use as a unit of measurement. any "unit" of muscle weighs the same, as that same "unit" of fat. they just take up different amounts of space. the phrase is flawed in that it does not clarify. and it drives me crazy.

No, any unit of muscle does not weigh the same unit of fat. Only the same unit of weight measurement weighs the same, and that's where the assumption part comes in. Because a cubic inch of muscle does not weigh the same as a cubic inch of fat.

You are assuming they mean a weight measurement, which is really assuming they are not all that bright.. It seems far more logical to assume they are of at least average intelligence and they mean volume.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Haha, I hate people that say they hate muscle weighs more than fat! It just makes you look up yersel, because people mean by mass not weight, and they're correct!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Like, when like, people say like, "like", like every other like word.
    LIKE OMG!!! Me TOO!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but use of the word "irregardless' makes me want to choke people!!
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    "life isn't fair" and not because it is, but because the people saying that tend to be the ones effing you over
  • Leesseebee
    Leesseebee Posts: 216
    Options
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but use of the word "irregardless' makes me want to choke people!!

YES
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    OMG you people! Like, I could care less, ya know. This thread is so retarded, it weighs more than fat. It's totally Jewish. LOL. My bad. Fail.

HAHA! This made me laugh! Literally.