Who cares about being a size 0?

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Why so much animosity on the boards? We're ALL beautiful.

I disagree. There's a whole lot of UGLY in this thread.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Okay, Marilyn was those sizes back then. Her sizes compared to today would range from a 0-6.

THIS! Quit saying Marilyn was fat and justifying your own size by it.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Women come in all shapes and sizes, some girls can't help but be a zero, and some of those girls are just so super cute. Stop bashing other people that aren't like you.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I care about being a size 0! I am a size 0 (depending on the brand 00), looks t my pics and tell me I'm not a rwl woman! Tell my daughter I can't be her mother because I'm not a "real woman"! Tell my husband he must like men because I'm not a "real woman"!
    I hate people using celebs, dead or alive, to justify their own body complexes. Decide how you want to loo, then bust your *kitten* to get there. But dont hate on others because they aren't the same as you.
  • marbly
    marbly Posts: 103
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubbles ladies, but you are not accounting for dress size inflation. A 12 then was more like a 2 now. Marilyn Monroe's measurements:

Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches

http://jezebel.com/5299793/for-the-last-time-what-size-was-marilyn-monroe

I'm 32-26-35 atm. Sadly, my boobs went after b/f. I used to be a 35 bust. I would kill to have Marilyn's figure!!!
  • ShanniLee
    ShanniLee Posts: 69
    Options
    I'm surprised to hear that about Marilyn...I always thought she was a little on the plump side...if I'm allowed to use that word :)

I'd be careful!!! People are wayy to sensitive here and someone will get offended and start saying you're "fat girl bashing" now as opposed to the "skinny girl" bashing that was just going on.

People are PATHETIC!!!!! Ugh *rolling eyes*

No, no. Because no one will EVER fat girl bash, but skinny girl bashing is in the clear.

Poor you! Get over yourself!!

If you'd read the post over again, and actually read what was being said instead of looking for something to get offended over and get all defensive and start S*** you might just realize that she wasn't saying all girls who are a size zero aren't "real women" but that in hollywood the celebrities who have their bones showing and look like they're knocking on death's door don't look healthy.

Grow up!

This is why I have guy friends!!!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

:facepalm:

THIS: Quit telling other women what constitutes a REAL WOMAN because if she's got 2 X chromosomes, she's a real woman.

Thank you.

Disagree... I know many real women who started out as men...

Genetically speaking yes 2 X chromosomes make you a female... but its not what makes you a REAL woman...

Uhm, actually no. If a man mutilate his body into somewhat LOOKING like a womans, you still AREN'T a woman. You are a mutilated man who wants to be a woman.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    <--- size 0 at 5'5" and 36C.
    eats a lot. lifts a lot of weight.
    shall we have a 'healthy contest'?
    or are you afraid of 'sticks'?

I don't care what the size is when I get to my final goal.. I just want to look heathy, with the proper curves of a woman, and not look gaunt and anorexic. How many of those size 0 - 2 celebs really look healthy? I think they look ill.

Don't start with the skinny bashing now...

Not skinny bashing, calling it like it is.

real woman are not sticks.
  • Lup120
    Lup120 Posts: 31
    Options

Companies selling f*ckoff huge tents which are labelled with a small size sells lots of them, because their customers can deceive themselves into thinking they're still "only" a size whatever.

Me, I'd have a standard national set of sizes, and if clothes were labelled incorrectly according to those published sizes, they'd be illegal to sell due to being unfit for purpose. Eg a size 8 would be useless for someone who is size 8 if it is actually manufactured in size 12.

As more and more people shop online, this is becoming more and more of an issue.

Yes to that. I work in a retail clothing store and I find it so frustrating when some people try something on, it looks great on, then say, they don't want to get it because it is a size "x". If you look good in something the size should not matter and sizes from store to store can differ greatly a size 6 from H&M is different than a size 6 from Old Navy. What matters is fit not the size.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Hmm I wonder how rude I should be right now...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Good lord. As a woman, and one who is overweight at that, threads like this embarass me.

Women need to stop hating on other women PERIOD. Doesn't matter if she's thin or large or average.

America, and in many ways the rest of the western world, has a very distorted view of "healthy" weight because most of us in America are overweight. It's what we see every day, so we think that "normal" and "healthy" is "overweight" or "obese" and "skinny" is actually more of a healthy weight.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Okay, Marilyn was those sizes back then. Her sizes compared to today would range from a 0-6.

THIS! Quit saying Marilyn was fat and justifying your own size by it.

Yep!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    This has gotten way out of hand - this is one of the reasons I rarely post in these type of topics, cause no matter what you say you will offend somebody.

And I will gaurentee that 90% of the time, someone who makes a comment is not meaning for it to offend - its just their personal opinion/preference.

Have a great day all.

Stay happy!!
  • Neigh2012
    Neigh2012 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the size printed on the inside of my pants, I care about the size of my @$$.
    My pants can say a size 20 for all I care as long as I am healthy and feel smoking hot... :smokin:
    And that is all that matters...health and confidence!
    Totally agree! :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Ain't ever gonna happen to me, not with these hips!!! But, who cares, curves are beautiful! Just as long as they are firm and I'm healthy.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Women come in all shapes and sizes, some girls can't help but be a zero, and some of those girls are just so super cute. Stop bashing other people that aren't like you.

Exactly.
    And throw in that I'm not Marilyn's height, her coloring, I don't have her singing or acting abilities.
    Why would I make her my measuring stick for life?

Basically, the excuse that women are only desriable with extra weight is what keeps so many people grasping their unhealthy lifestyles. It did for me until I woke up, took a picture and realized that I really was obese.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I would never want to be a zero...ever.
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Readng posts on here from people who claim to be size zero and yet 'not a stick' I am wondering if American sizes are even further apart from the UK ones than I had thought.
    Anybody in Ireland/Britain who is size 0 is going to be in need of hospitalisation. In fact, I don't think I've ever MET anybody that thin.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It's all about the way the weight is distributed... Also, some women are just naturally smaller. As long as you are ACTUALLY healthy, size should not matter. The pic of the girl in her undergarments, is beautiful young lady... And she is a size 2.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Think before you write.

If think size/weight/measurements ______ look gross/ill/sick/unhealthy.

No matter the size it's not okay to write this.

You have your opinions but you can keep them to yourselves.
This discussion has been closed.